5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for School
Published on November 6, 2011 by whoknew

Mid-sized backpack for light commute. Carries 15" laptop, files or iPad and room for a few books, small lunch, etc. The top, rear and side small pockets are oddly placed and contents sit weird. Particularly the top pocket, whose contents just hang in the main pocket, and interfere with getting anything out of it.

The strap panel is sewn onto the backpack,...
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars No Warranty When Purchased from Amazon, Poor Workmanship, but Decent Design, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Incase Compact Backpack, Black (CL55302) (Personal Computers)

The strap panel is sewn onto the backpack, rather than being integral: there is just a narrow seam holding them together and mine starting coming apart after 2 weeks of light daily use. Submitted a warranty claim, but they claim it takes 1-3 weeks to process AFTER they receive the defective unit, which is AFTER they process my request and AFTER I pay to ship it to them. So roughly a month without a bag and I pay shipping for premature product failure? I'll have to buy something to use in the mean time, and it sure won't be InCase.

Bad experience, bad product.

**Update: WARNING: INCASE DOES NOT HONOR WARRANTY ON ITEMS PURCHASED FROM AMAZON**
I have been working to get my defective unit replaced by the manufacturer since it failed so soon after the purchase. After submitting a form on the company's website and sending in proof of purchase and a picture of the failure they have agreed to let me pay to ship them the backpack so they can inspect it.

Despite the proof of purchase of a new InCase product from Amazon they say they have to determine if the backpack "is authentic" and if it is a defect then they will replace it, but they "do not process claims for items purchased through Amazon."

So even if you buy a new InCase product which states a 1 year warranty, if you buy it from Amazon then you'll have to convince the company to honor their own warranty, though neither Amazon nor InCase product bother to note this. So good luck, buyer beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for School, November 6, 2011
I was at first a bit skeptical of this backpack but after reading the other reviews on amazon I decided to buy it. I will never regret it. I'm currently a University student and this backpack has everything I need. It fits three textbooks, a few spirals, an iPad and a MacBook Pro with ease. One of my favorite things about this is how well it sits on my shoulders. I walk around all day with it on my back and at times it feels like it is not even there.

The only complaint I can think of is the nylon adjustable straps. They come loose far to easily, but with a few safety pins I was able to prevent them from sliding down at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant work backpack, July 12, 2013
I got tired of hauling a huge backpack around the office that empty weighed more than my laptop. I needed a small and concise backpack for work (professional work environment) to carry a laptop, some papers, a charger and a few misc items. 90% of the backpacks out there have crazy colors, endless pockets and straps hanging and flying all over the place... i.e. they are made for school/college kids or outdoor activities.

This backpack, on the other-hand, has a clean design. There are only two straps that hang down and they are easily tied up on the shoulder straps. My favorite part of the backpack is the small pouch on the top that holds my optical mouse - no more fishing for my mouse! I also really like the single large pocket where the laptop, papers, pens, etc go. Plus it's tall enough to keep an umbrella hidden away on the inside.

This is a great design to replace a small laptop bag for a work environment, but know what you are getting into. Some other reviews complain about the size - yes, this backpack is too small if you want to carry more than a laptop and one textbook. However, it is perfect for the office.

The only thing that would make this pack better would be to have a small pocket on the side for a water bottle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Think twice..., July 8, 2013
I bought this backpack after my zipper came off my old one. I decided to go incase since previous backpack didn't have a laptop compartment and this one was designed for the macbook. So i decided to give this backpack a try even after reading the mixed reviews and thought, "hey, it might not happen to me." Sadly, it did. I had the backpack for a month and the left strap stitching is coming apart. You would think an 70 dollar backpack would last longer than my old 30 dollar jansport backpack. Although it does have a nice laptop compartment cushioned all the way around, the down side is the pocket you put your pens, pencils and eraser in. Stuff tends to get thrown around inside my backpack and doesn't want to stay put.
If you are considering buying this backpack I would tell you to look else where. Think twice, act wise.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as big as other reviewers claim, April 22, 2013
I bought this after owning a few different Incase backpacks / slings

I was hoping for something similar to my sling backpack. As a backpack, it fit well while being carried. I'm a bigger person, so the sling pack doesn't fit me well unless warn like a single strap backpack. I thought this bag would be a perfect blend.

Internal storage is lacking. My sling pack has 4 mesh pockets. Good for portable hard drive, traveling access point, and power supply. This pack didn't have enough pockets. It barely had any for carrying more than the laptop and pens. No real pocket to even hold the power supply.

Overall, the quality is good. If you don't have to carry much with it, it's fine. If you have any cables, accessories, etc., you may want to look elsewhere. One of the reviews mentioned 3 textbooks and the laptop. I'm not sure that is possible, and likely not a review for this case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish & comfy, January 27, 2012
Jlk0605 (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
I love this backpack. The laptop pocket fits my 13 inch MacBook Pro perfectly, and has enough room for my textbooks/notebooks/folders. There is also an iPad sleeve/pocket. There are a few pockets on the inside of the backpack as well - for USB cords, charger(s), and wireless mouse. I usually only carry the charger though, so I use the pockets for post-its, mini-stapler, etc. The thing I like the most about this backpack (next to its clean design) is the amount of padding. The bottom of the backpack is very well-padded, as well as the sides and the back. I know that even if I were to toss my backpack down, my laptop is protected... The inside laptop pocket is lined with plush faux-fur, for even more protection.

I had a JanSport backpack for years, and what I hated the most was its lack of padding to keep the backpack sturdy/standing. The backpack would sag, and to better describe it, it was more of a zippered sack to hold the contents together. The Incase Compact Backpack is a winner, esp. for students like myself. The only negative thing to this backpack is that the nylon adjustable straps do come loose easily. This is NOT to say that the strap itself will undo itself and you will have to re-insert the strap into the plastic thingamajig(?) to keep it together... Let's just say it's a bit too easy to adjust the straps. It hasn't bothered me too much though, because I'm small, and I keep the straps to its max shortest length anyhow. I've been a fan of Incase products since their first making of very first iPhone case, and yes, they're not cheap, but for what you get (style, quality, design), it's worth it... Even more so on Amazon where you can find many products for cheaper than at retail cost!

1.0 out of 5 stars They're cheating me, January 13, 2014
I bought the new one but I got the torn backpack from this dealer. How's Amazon can work with the dealer like this???

3.0 out of 5 stars Shoulder straps began tearing off, December 12, 2013
This backpack was great at first. Small, compact, lightweight. However there were not too many compartments, but for me that was okay. Unfortunately this backpack eventually began to rip. I used this for school, although I rarely carried any textbooks, just my laptop and/or tablet, a portable charger, an external hard drive and some chargers. After about 7 months or so this backpack began tearing apart around the shoulder straps. 2 months after that I became too afraid to use it thinking it would fall apart and drop my laptop to the ground. Besides poor build quality this backpack was decent, but if you want something that will last longer than 6 months I suggest looking elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Backpack, September 9, 2012
I researched this purchase quite extensively. I purchased several different backpacks before finding the perfect one. I use this backpack for my MacBook Pro 15 inch computer. It has sufficient padding and storage. I am very satisfied with this product and recommend it if you are looking for a high quality backpack to protect your laptop, as well as have storage for books, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this bag!!!, April 9, 2012
I usually base my purchases on the number of positive reviews, but this item did not have any reviews at the time. From the pictures it looked great and suitable for my tastes in style, so I decided to take a chance and purchase it. After receiving the bag and looking it over I was extremely pleased with the product. It has a nice clean and simple design. My 15" Macbook Pro is nice and protected while inside it and it has compartments and pockets for all kinds of other things. When wearing it, it feels comfortable and not bulky. I usually prefer simplicity in the styles and things I buy, so this bag was perfect for me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›