5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Perfectly (even with a Speck Case)
Published on July 27, 2009 by M. Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for about a year. But watch out for the zipper
I bought this when I purchased my 15 inch Macbook Pro in August 2009. The case fit my laptop well, and it served the purpose of protecting my laptop while it was in my backpack. The sleeve's padding ensures safe travel, and the inside fabric is extremely soft.

Published on September 3, 2010 by Bgon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Perfectly (even with a Speck Case), July 27, 2009
I recently purchased my Incase Sleeve for the new 13" Macbook Pro. I already had a Speck Hard-Shell Case on my Macbook, and the folks from the Apple store told me that it would never fit in the Incase sleeve. They said it would be too tight, and it wouldn't even fit in the 15" sleeve. I bought the 13" sleeve anyway, and it fits like a glove. The zipper doesn't scratch the case, and there is no excess room.

I am 100% pleased with this case, it is so great to have. Anyone who is wondering about the Speck case on their laptop, you should be fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for about a year. But watch out for the zipper, September 3, 2010
Bgon (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Incase 08 Neoprene Sleeve for 15-inch MacBook Pro, Black (CL57099) (Accessory)

Although when I put my laptop in the sleeve, I had to make sure that the zipper did not scrape against the exterior of my laptop. This minor inconvenience really didn't bother me.

Now a year later after purchasing, the zipper has begun to come unstitched from the fabric on the corners (I've submitted customer pictures displaying the wear). The zipper has become very difficult to close and one of the two zippers fell off the sleeve.

I take my laptop to school 4 days a week and use it to write notes. Perhaps the multiple opening and closing was too much strain for this sleeve.

I have since looked for a new sleeve and was happy to find one that did not have a zipper: the '15" Pkt Sleeve Macbook Pro Blk by Contour Design'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sleeve, December 27, 2009
This is exactly what I wanted in a laptop sleeve, and it works great for my 13" Macbook. I like that you can put the computer in the sleeve and it's still thin enough to put in a backpack or briefcase. Very good protection against scratches and reasonable amounts of moisture and abuse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent product, May 16, 2009
Apart from the fact that I got it in the mail much quicker than I expected, the Incase sleeve fits my 13" Macbook perfectly, with no loose space inside. I give it a lot of use, since I use my Macbook for work, and in that sense, it is quite sturdy. I am very, very pleased with it, and would reccomend it to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case, twice as expensive, April 10, 2013
Robert Grant "Game Addict" (Blacksburg, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
First let me say this case is nice and I have no issues with it but at 26 dollars it's twice as expensive as the same case on Monoprice. The exact same case minus the Incase branding.

My guess is the Chinese company that produces these brands them for specific companies, Incase being one of them, and the mark up on these is ridiculous.

Still, 26 dollars is cheaper than the $40 bucks you'd have to spend at the Apple store.

Take my advice, shop for it over at Monoprice and save yourself some money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity and functionality, October 10, 2009
I bought this case when I bought my Macbook Pro back in April. I did a bit of research on a bunch of different cases and finally settled on this one because it did two key things really well:

1) Prevent scratches. The inside is lined with a soft fur-like material that would have to be traveling at orbital velocity to do anything except pamper your computer
2) Easily slip on and off. It may work well with other computers (I don't have experience with this) but for the Macbook Pro, it fits perfectly. Not too snug, not too loose.

I carry my laptop in my bag, so I wasn't looking for something that had a ton of pockets, handles, or the bulk that comes with it. I wanted something a little cushy, that would protect my computer inside my bag. This is perfect. I would've paid $50 for it- all the seams and zippers and other details are extremely well done, they won't be failing anytime soon. Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Literally Perfect, September 29, 2009
V 4 valentine (Concord, CA United States) - See all my reviews
First of all, you all need to touch this thing to feel how soft and sturdy this really is! so soft, yet so durable and beautiful! good snug fit for the 13" macbook pro, and very ideal to carry around in a backpack or in a bag. totally recommend this to everyone ^^

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, June 29, 2010
Bought it for my 15" unibody MBP, very glad with the purchase. Very well designed and fits my laptop very well. My only concern would be that the zipper slightly scratches the sides when I put the laptop in sometimes, but other than that it is a great sleeve with both form and function!

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't get this case for Macbook Pro 13 with Retina - too big, October 16, 2013
There is a good inch of extra space at the top of this case and my laptop moved around a lot in it. Because it's so big and flexible, it's really slippery and would be easy to drop. I had an InCase sleeve for my Air which has been great. They're both made of high quality materials, but don't believe them when they tell you these cases fit the MBP with Retina.

3.0 out of 5 stars Except for the shady zipper..., November 7, 2011
The fit was very tight but the material stretches, efficiently, over the MBP 15" fall/mid 2010 with a Speck SeeThru Satin Soft Touch Hard Shell Case. I used it 4-7 days a week, at least 3-4 times a day.

After a year it looks clean. I still have my MBP but last month the zipper broke and I feel that is lame. It's so hard to get a quality zipper on products. It seems with the large price, suggesting a huge profit, I could have gotten a durable, robust, brass, big toothed, motorcycle jacket zipper that works beyond a year instead of a $0.0001 plastic zipper that should have stayed at the factory.