5.0 out of 5 stars Protection even in unusual circumstances
It works great. I'm about to order my second one after the first one took a beating it never should have faced.

Published on July 12, 2012 by John Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, less user-friendly than expected
Published 23 months ago by recent user

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection even in unusual circumstances, July 12, 2012
John Wright (Chattanooga, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Incase Incase Neoprene Sleeve For Macbook Air 13-Inch - Black (CL57802) (Personal Computers)

The other night, I put my Macbook Air (late 2010) on top of the car in this sleeve while I was loading my one-year-old into his car seat. I drove down the road for about 10 minutes, including some winding back roads, when I felt and heard a thump behind the car. As I turned around, I realized I'd done the unthinkable and had driven all this time with the laptop still on top of the car.

A car behind me stopped to pick it up, and my wife jumped out to let them know it was ours. We surveyed the damage--the Air was in remarkably good shape and booted up like normal. Two corners were scuffed up through the case, which was understandable after the hard fall. I'm just glad no more damage was done. I don't know if anyone drove over it (I doubt they did, as it fell into the middle of the lane), but for the Air to have survived at all was a win in my book.

The case is not indestructible, but it's not really designed to be that. It is simply a case that is adequately padded on all sides, including the corners, while maintaining a small profile. The Air fits snugly yet is easily accessible. It is not flashy, but in my situation, it went above and beyond the call of duty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect compromise - light yet protective, February 4, 2011
I order two cases for my 2010 13" macbook air. The first case was the "Sumac Brand Macbook Air Carrying Case" and the second was this case. This is by far the superior case. The Sumac case was stiff, clunky, took up a lot of room (why have a macbook air if the case takes up as much room as a regular sized laptop), ill fitting (there was too much room in the case for a macbook air), and not very protective (there is no padding where the zipper is, so the edges of the computer are completely unprotected). This Incase case, however, solves all these problems. The case is just the right size to fit snugly over a macbook air without making it difficult to get the computer in and out. The case is sleek and light, yet well padded - even at the corners, since there is no zipper. I highly recommend this case!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for MacBook Air 13" (late 2010), February 10, 2012
I've been using this for my MacBook Air 13" (late 2010) and I'm very pleased with it. The size is perfect.

This sleeve is made of soft material only (no zippers or clasps) so there is no danger that the sleeve itself could damage your laptop. One drawback to the design is that the seam never closes entirely- so a small sliver of the laptop is still visible when the sleeve is on. However, when I put the laptop in the sleeve in my backpack, the seam is made even smaller (because in my backpack, the laptop is nestled against other objects), so this hasn't been a problem for me.

The only improvement that could be made is to add some kind of soft clasp that would close the seam entirely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Functional Sleeve, November 26, 2011
I've been using this sleeve for my MacBook Air 11" since I got the computer 4 months ago. How much can you say about a sleeve, ultimately? This does exactly what I need it to do. The fit is snug, as it should be---better that than too loose! Unlike all the other sleeves I looked at, this has two key features: (1) It actually closes completely, rather than leaving one end entirely open for water, etc. to get in. And (2) it closes *without* using a zipper, because zippers are inconvenient & as likely to scratch the MacBook as anything else. I also tested it against water (without a computer inside, obviously) & was satisfied with the results.

This might be a little pricey for what it is, but (at the time of purchase, at least) seemed to be in-line with pricing of other sleeves I saw. It also eschews gaudiness for a simple but elegant design.

I'm on the go with my computer constantly, & this is a great second-layer of protection within my bag against rain/snow/etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best case ever. Period., August 7, 2012
This is hands-down the best case/sleeve you could ever buy for your 13" MacBook Air (2010, 2011, or 2012 models). I've been using a black neoprene sleeve for my 15" Powerbook for the last 6 years, so when I bought my brand new 2012 13" Macbook Air, there was only one case that I knew I wanted. The Incase.

Quality: Incase is a trusted name brand and it features a high quality neoprene fabric that feels pretty much like a wetsuit.

Complete protection: Unlike other sleeves that have open edges or sides to slide your laptop in/out quickly, this case provides full enclosure, so you don't have to worry about dirt being collected or liquids spilling in your bag/backpack. No zippers or buttons also means no potential scratches.

Fit: Ok, it's a bit tight but it's REALLY NOT BAD AT ALL. In my opinion, it has to be tight otherwise it wouldn't meet its purpose. It's definitely far from impossible to take in/out like the guy below me who gave the product 1-star says. I personally prefer the tightness because there's no sliding or movement in the sleeve. It's a great fit and feels solid once it's in the sleeve. I just timed myself taking it in and out of the sleeve for you guys and it took me about 9 seconds to put in and 6 seconds to take out. It's really not even an issue.

Style: I also like this sleeve because it's not pretentious like some of the $50-200 Euro-style leather sleeves for the Macbook Air. Puhhhh-lease. The black neoprene looks slick and fits any occasion. You can carry under your arm or toss in your regular backpack/bag and it always looks good.

Price: The price is right. I was extremely lucky because I got mine for $18.99 from Amazon (sold by Onsale). I feel like I robbed a bank, but even at its retail $40, I still think it's worth it and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one for my next computer.

There are a lot of cases and sleeves out there. A lot of imitators and a lot of neoprene ones. But Incase is the original and has been doing this for years. They didn't miss a beat with the Macbook Air sleeve. Don't waste your time with the imitators or Euro-style luxury sleeves, because this is the best case ever. Period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug Little Case, March 27, 2013
I love the way my air fits super snug into this case. (It's snug for my computer and I don't use a protective shell.)

Anyway, it's a thick, comfy case -as I was expecting from Incase. I love their cases and believe they are superior to other competitor brands (I found out the hard way). I think they're definitely worth the extra money. (I had bought the Case Logic LAPS-113 13.3-Inch Laptop / MacBook Air / MacBook Pro Retina Display Sleeve (Black) and was extremely disappointed. It felt like a case made from foam at a craft store not to mention my poor air was swimming in it.) Incase cases are thick and soft inside to protect your beloved computer.

It is the perfect thing to slip my air into when I'm not on it (I use it just to store my computer under my bed), or to put it in my bag and take out with me.
If I'm not using it, you can bet it's in this case.
Super handy. Love that there's no hardware to scratch up my beloved new toy.

Some people might not like that it doesn't ever close 100%, but I can't think of any situation where it would need to be.
It's a computer, you still need to be careful with it while it's in the case.

I recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incase hasn't disappointed me yet, December 8, 2012
Dacia Gulledge (Birmingham, AL USA) - See all my reviews
This is the 2nd Incase product I have purchased (the first was the 15" Nylon Sleeve with Handles) and both have been great products. I'm not as careful or ladylike as I should be so I can attest to their durability for sure. Also, for whatever reason my cats seem to love laying right on top of these sleeves but you'd never know it by looking at them as both of them look as new as the day I received them.

I love the soft fur-like lining of the incase sleeves. I fully trust that when I slip my device inside the sleeve it will not be scratched. This sleeve is a snug but perfect fit for the 13" Macbook Air. There is no room for anything extra, but I have not found that to be a problem as the battery life on the Air is amazing. If you do need to take other items with you, it would be easy enough to slide this whole sleeve into another bag and know that your Air is protected without taking up too much extra space.

This particular sleeve has just enough padding to be protective but not so much that it's bulky. I bought this sleeve after searching numerous options for my new 13" Macbook Air because I had read that you could charge the Air while it was in the sleeve. True enough, because it is vertically oriented, you can slide the Air down into the pocket without pulling the top flap over it with the charging end out and plug the mag-safe in and let it charge. Also, because of the vertical orientation, it seems easier to me to quickly slide the Air back into the sleeve because it doesn't go all floppy on you and you're inserting the shortest side of the device into the sleeve.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fluffy and Functional!, September 13, 2012
The inside of the case is really soft! Without zippers, I don't have to worry about scratching my Mac, but it's a bit difficult to completely put inside the case. I usually stick the laptop in 7/8ths of the way in, with 1/8th of the laptop pops out from the top.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, less user-friendly than expected, October 26, 2012
This sleeve is generally satisfactory, although it is a bit less user-friendly than expected. It is high-quality and lined inside with soft material so the computer is very safe and travel-ready. There is a slit on one side through which you insert the computer and pull the flap closed over it (kind of like the double opening to a very snug pillowcase). Because it does not latch closed (no zip/snaps/etc), getting the computer fully inside is a bit tricky, and it isn't 100% sealed as a result; this is a bit disappointing, and I am not sure how the opening will wear over time due to forcing it open/closed each time, and I am also not sure that it would be possible to fit the computer in if it had a shell on it (mine doesn't), but it serves its purpose, looks nice, and is well-priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality product from Incase, November 1, 2013
I bought this for a 13" late 2013 Macbook Pro since I figured at the widest it was similar to the current gen Macbook Air. I just didn't want a case with a zipper and a sleeve was exactly what I was looking for. It fits perfectly to the point where I feel like it might almost be too big for a Macbook Air. Great build quality. The inside is soft and padded. The edges have are oversewn seams that seem like in a drop it would provide protection.

Rate and Discover Movies