Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 22, 2010 3:51:28 PM PDT
J. Morris says:
I think we need to organize to bring this subject out of the "Closet" and put it in public view. Most victims think they are causing what is happening to them. They need information which this book contains and don't suffer in silence as long as Catherine did. Children need to be taught they never need to accept this behavior from an adult or even another kid. What steps do you think we as a group who read this book should take?

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 8:18:34 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 14, 2011 9:44:28 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 3:19:21 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 25, 2011 9:37:05 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 9:10:09 AM PDT
LMC says:
I have wanted to post this for a LONG time, and probably will do it on several forums. Has anyone considered why it is now socially acceptable, indeed very politically correct, to accept gay men and lesbian women? I think that is ALL good, and I don't doubt at all that "they were born that way" as they've been saying for years. SO- why do we think people who only really get turned on by children were NOT born that way? Why do we think we can "cure" them - like we used to try to "cure" homosexuals? (Didn't work, won't work). Unfortunately, of course, indulging people who "like" kids can leave terrible memories with the kids. So how did we used to deal with this? (And in many countries we still do deal with it like this.
ONE- Slavery - We've all heard about slave owners having child sex slaves. Kept them out of the business of abusing others didn't it???
TWO - Child brothels - Kept them from abusing "our" kids, didn't it?
I know this is cold and hard. But since most of us deplore brothels, and deplore slavery - what can we do for thse people who are turned on by children? Think about it
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Sep 22, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
When the Piano Stops: A Memoir of Healing from Sexual Abuse
When the Piano Stops: A Memoir of Healing from Sexual Abuse by Catherine McCall (Paperback - January 21, 2013)
4.7 out of 5 stars (43)