4.0 out of 5 stars Good rope if you know what you're getting
Published on April 24, 2010 by Tommy Gun

1.0 out of 5 stars Para cord not rope
Well I wanted black rope and got green para cord. Picture does not match item received. I couldn't tell the color until I unwrapped it and you can't return the items after they are unwrapped... =[
Published on May 8, 2012 by DjQ

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good rope if you know what you're getting, April 24, 2010
This review is from: 3/8 Inch 50 Foot Rope, Black, Camping Rope (Tools & Home Improvement)
This rope contains four internal ropes which can be removed (click on the photo at the top to see). I took them out so the main rope is now a 1/4" flat rope. The internal ropes were a dark green color in mine, which was too bad because the photo shows black. If you leave them in, the outer layer tends to slide around a bit, and doesn't knot very well, so you may want to go with a different kind depending on what you're using it for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Rope, April 25, 2011
I'm a fetishist who ordered this for bondage particularly because it contains 4 smaller ropes and I wanted rope that I could cut some off and use the smaller ones too.

unlike another customer I can say the inside ropes were black. Getting them out was slow and painstaking.

Once I did any cutting I had to seal the ends with duct tape.

On it's own it is soft, durable, the ends are sealed by heat. It's a cheaper alternative that works fine for shibari, and can be used for any regular rope purposes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, June 8, 2013
Excellent quality. She loves the comfort and smooth texture.Binds and holds very well,no slippage. Left overs make for a great Cat tail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bondage rope, December 26, 2012
After trying several types of rope, this became my go to. Pull the cores out and enjoy a fantastic bondage rope. The black color is very aesthetically pleasing, a collapsed sleeve holds knots very well, it didn't seem to burn much (this is relative), it was very lightweight, didn't shed like natural rope (a pain if sub needs to be in public soon thereafter) and it wasn't scratchy at all. This rope outperformed:

craft jute
homewound 3ply jute
solid nylon
twisted nylon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for tie downs, November 22, 2011
Took a bunch of these up to the boundary waters to go camping and used them for my tarps and flys. They worked great with stakes, trees, or twigs. You can never have enough of these in bad weather.

4.0 out of 5 stars Photo is accurate - decent general utility rope, June 28, 2010
This is pretty good general purpose utility rope. The photo showing the internal construction is accurate. The rope is black and the ends burn easily when cut.

The only problem with this rope - true of any rope of this construction - is that it kinks pretty easily and not very condusive to knot tying.

I would not use this for marine or climibing applications. If you need something to tie down a tarp, this is perfect - if not a bit overkill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rope, January 23, 2013
Good price for a quality and sturdy product. It's smooth and soft on the hands. It's also very strong and does not stretch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good rope, November 28, 2012
Good quality rope, great tether for moving. I need to learn some new knots. This review requires seven more words.

5.0 out of 5 stars impressive, November 10, 2012
I've always kept 50 foot of rope in my backpack since my Boyscout days. It's great for drying clothes, lashing logs together, or pulling injured Boyscouts off of cliffs. You can tie two of these together and get 100 feet. I tested it's strength when my truck got stuck and slid off the trail. So it can't pull 4,000 lbs without snapping, but my stuck truck was unstuck for a few seconds before the rope snapped. Now I carry a tow strap for the truck, but I'm ordering another 50 feet of this rope because what I put it through amazed me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Separates easily so use a lighter to prevent fraying, August 31, 2011
It does the job I bought it for so I'm pleased with my purchase. I couldn't find a similar item at my local big box store so I decided to buy from Amazon. I use it to keep my patio umbrellas from blowing away in the wind. It looks better than white rope and hides dirt. You just need to use a lighter to prevent the ends from fraying. I've been using it for about a month and it's holding up well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›