4.0 out of 5 stars Great Suit- one problem
Published on January 23, 2012 by T. Evans

2.0 out of 5 stars Was great, but didnt hold up
Published 15 months ago by Michelle

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Suit- one problem, January 23, 2012
This review is from: Inches Off Women's Plus Size Swimsuit with colorblocking (Apparel)
Buying a suit is so subjective and it all depends on body type. I have an apple shape, big in the middle, large boobs and small muscular legs. I ordered several different style suits, this is by far my favorite. It wasn't from the picture but once I tried it on it was the most flattering with a great cut, for me. This suit gives good coverage, and stays put. I am active in the water and enjoy scuba diving with and w/o a wetsuit.
I will order another.
The only reason I gave it four stars is the clasp in the back is a lightweight plastic. Exposure to sun and salt, despite rinsing it after use with fresh water, weakened it and it snapped. I will find something to replace the plastic with since I like the suit so much. Hopefully the manufacturer will address this and they will truly have a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars These suits are fantastic!, November 28, 2011
This one piece suit, "Woman Within Plus Sized Colorblock swimsuit by Inches Off" is incredible. This suit keeps on going. I've ordered several of these suits. 5 star!

2.0 out of 5 stars Was great, but didnt hold up, September 4, 2013
I was very pleased when I first got this suit. It seemed to fit great and offer great coverage. I wasn't thrilled with the plastic clip and the angle of it made it difficult to do it up on your own but eventually I got it down to a method that I could clip it. However, after maybe 10 uses, I started noticing that the material was thinning at the seams and the elasticity was giving. After 15 or so uses, it is almost see-through along all the seams including the one running down your back side. I have to cover up just to get in and out of the pool. I rinsed with cold water after every use, no detergent and hung it to dry each time so I don't understand why this suit could not hold up. I am definitely looking for a new one elsewhere!

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, June 23, 2013
had it for less then 4 months, the plastic clip on the back broke and already got a hole in the suit too..............otherwise at first I was somewhat happy with it fit nice, the only thing I hated was the design the back why have two pieces of bathing suite held
together with a cheap plastic CLIP!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for water exercise, June 19, 2014
This is the 2nd one of these swimsuits I have purchased and I love them. The neck is high enough so I feel comfortable doing everything during water exercise class without worry. The clip in the back....if I forget to ask someone to clip it, it is not a big deal. The swimsuit still stays in place. After class, I run my suit in cold water delicate cycle in my washing machine and lay it flat to dry. They are well made. This is how I handle all my bathing suits. I have several other suits for recreational splashing around whose necklines are not conducive to water exercise.I have found a one piece suit with higher neckline to be ideal and this is not easily found for a plus size woman. I intend to purchase one more of these swimsuits to stick in the back of a drawer just in case they quit making them. I like them that much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good coverage, January 25, 2013
I have not swum in this suit yet, so these are my first impressions. It's a surprisingly good fit for me; I'm a muscular 5'6", 2X with an average-length torso, and unless the suit stretches out a lot, it should remain a good fit lengthwise. Coverage is excellent - I have been twisting and bending in all directions and there's no gapping, everything remains nicely covered even when I bend way forward. The cut around the thighs is more modest than most swimsuits I've found, more so than in the pictures, and yay! it doesn't look prone to riding up in the rear. There's a noticeable flattening effect on the tummy when I'm standing, less when I'm seated but I'll cover up out of the pool anyway. The foam cups seem to be more for modesty than any real support effect, but the shaping is good without the unflattering uniboob effect a lot of suits have.

The two things I like less are:

- the clip, which I struggled with a bit - I'd prefer a regular x-back but like the other customer whose clip broke I would improvise because the fit's so good.
- some what look like permanent fold marks in the black fabric; these may fade out over time and I'm not going to exchange for that. In fact I'm buying the other colorway as well.

I would recommend this for the plus size woman who doesn't like showing off cleavage and lower areas when she swims or hangs out by the pool. Definitely an athletic look rather than glamorous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedo plus size suit, May 24, 2014
I was concerned about buying this suit as it appered to have a high cut. As a larger women, It was'nt a look that I thought would look good on me. But I loved the rest of the look, so I took a chance. I received it yesterday, tried it on, and could'nt of been happier with the look, and my concerns about the higher cut was'nt a problem. The picture is a bit deceiving, it is not as high as it looked. Fit snug, and held in all the right areas. Very worth the buy. Also, you can buy matching board shorts if you are self consious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swimsuits - no one loves to shop for them, April 19, 2014
This suit is super cute, flattering, and fits! The cut is modest, and still looks great! I'm a round woman - busty, hippy, etc. Swimsuit stores - I don't have to visit you this spring!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good swimsuit, November 2, 2012
Its a very well made swimsuit. I love it. Its well made .I have not used it yet.It fit very well at the bottom bit but the neck area is a bit loose. Hope it does not get any looser when wet. It firms the tummy very well.
Maybe I should have gotten a smaller size for a perfect fit. Still gave it 5 points .

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and cheap, March 18, 2013
I like ths suit. I'm an hourglass shape, heavier on the bottom and smaller on top. This suit fits really well. I wear it for swimming laps for exercise. It's very comfortable.

My minus one star is for the construction. The stitching on the suit has some clear defects, the black stitching went all over the pink material. It's easily visible, looks like an amature mistake.