1,226 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Form and Function
My search for the best "everyday" iP4 case may finally be over. After having tried several other cases (listed below) and reading reviews of even more, the Incipio NGP Matte is the closest to meeting my needs.

Tested:
* Apple Bumper- Minimal protection. Reports of scratching steel band and streching after continual use.
* Griffin Reveal Etch- Very...
Published on August 18, 2010 by Arturo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case if you are willing to compromise
I just reviewed (and returned) the Case-Mate iPhone 4 Jett Metal Case, color=Grey so I thought it would make sense to review the case I replaced it with. The Jett was replacing a Case-Mate Barely There Slim Case for iPhone 4. So this is the third case on my quest toward a perfect iphone 4 case.

I really had a few simple requirements from a case when I...
Published on July 13, 2011 by mega

5.0 out of 5 stars Form and Function, August 18, 2010
This review is from: Incipio NGP Case for iPhone 4/4S-Matte Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Tested:
* Griffin Reveal Etch- Very nice look and feel, but rubber sides were too loose for my liking.
* Speck Candyshell- Confident about its protection, but too bulky, scratch-prone, and incompatible with most pin connectors.
* Incipio Silicrylic- Precise fit and compatability. Silicone layer picks up lint (removed easily, but still...).

Incipo NGP Matte
Pros
- Perfect fit.
- Perfect balance of grip/slickness. Does not attract dust/lint.
- Clean looks.
- Does not hamper LED flash performance.
- Easy to operate phone controls.
- Superb compatability with 3rd party docks and connectors.
- Material is tough to scratch.
- Easy to install/remove.
- Good size lip to lift front screen off surfaces.
- Thick material provides both shock and puncture protection.
- Compatible with screen protectors.

Cons
- Case shows marks from being removed from mold (some more than others).
- Thicker than Apple Bumper

If you can live with the slight blemish*, the NGP Matte provides the ideal balance between protection, size, grip, and function. It is easy to put in and out of pockets, provides excellent grip/feel without picking up unecessary dirt/lint and offers clean lines to enhance its attractiveness. The best "everyday" case I have tested so far.

*Mold marks may even be removed with careful dremeling. Proceed at your own risk.

5.0 out of 5 stars This case is the bomb!!, October 10, 2010
This little $20 case may be the best purchase I've ever made!! I wish I could give this product 10 stars!!

Let me tell you a brief story:

I previously never had a case on my iPhone 4 before, because I thought the phone was too beautiful to mar with a case. Well that was a huge mistake, because 2 weeks ago, I accidentally dropped my iPhone 4 on the sidewalk and the screen shattered into about a million pieces, the sides of the iPhone were completely crushed in, and it basically looked like my iPhone had been run over by a tank. All this from a minor 4 foot drop out of my hand onto the ground.

I had to purchase a brand new iPhone from the Apple Store to replace my damaged one, and I vowed to always use a case from that point forward.

I had always loved Incipio's cases for my old iPhone 3GS, so I snapped up this NGP case for my iPhone 4. Really nice rubbery material that doesn't stick to your pockets, and feels very solid in your hands.

But I didn't know how well it would protect.

Well, last night I had a chance to find out. I was eating dinner with some friends and I was showing them something in the iPhone. I sneezed, and ridiculously the iPhone went FLYING out of my hands, across the room, bouncing like an acrobat on the HARD TILE FLOOR about 10 times and twirling & flipping in the air in between each bounce. it was HORRIFYING! I was watching it happen in slow motion, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. It was about a hundred times worse than the minor drop which destroyed my old iPhone 2 weeks prior.

When my new iPhone finally came to a screeching halt about 20 feet away, I was expecting the worst. I was terrified to pick up my iPhone, which was facing down on the hard tile ground. I picked it up, and LO AND BEHOLD, this Incipio NGP case COMPLETELY PROTECTED AND SAVED MY iPhone!!

My iPhone was still in MINT CONDITION... not a SINGLE SCRATCH NOR DENT on the entire phone!! AMAZING!!!! And the case was still completely intact as well... not a single mark on the case either! This case protected my iPhone and was ready to start serving duty again immediately!!

This case is a miracle worker!! I am sold for life on the Incipio NGP cases!!

Thank you, Incipio, for making such an outstanding product!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product. Very Happy with the purchase, December 12, 2010
Bought my iPhone 4 recently and was doing some research on cases for the iPhone. I did also personally check with one to many iPhone users who have used several other products and tried their cases on mine. The various products I tried either were flimsy, bulky, ugly looking and bad design. After some extensive research for such a small thing, I purchased this Incipio iPhone 4 case.

What really surprised me is the simplicity of the product and yet something that offers everything I needed.

Pros
1. Clean cover and finish (no finger prints)
2. Easy and precise access to all controls (all sides of the phone)
3. Solid Protection and cushioning
4. Firm grip to the phone
5. Scratch resistant (so far haven't had any, my usage is quite rough)

Cons (if you think that protecting your investment is more important, then this may not be a con for you)
1. Adds about 3-4 mm thickness to the phone, but not too much considering other products
2. Looses the side and the back beauty of the product as it is Matte Black
3. Does not offer front screen protection, you may need to protect it with some other screen protection product

Well, for the amount I paid, I think it offers more than what I needed. Its been only 2 weeks of usage so far and hope to test it some more time. Will post some updates after some rough use.

I will certainly recommend this product to users who need a simple and easy to use product to protect their iPhone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update - 12/21/2010

One drawback I noticed is that when I tried to plug in non conventional 3.5mm pins for audio out, the pin was not firmly inserted in. I guess the thickness of the material as well as the gap for the hole does not let the pin to be firmly placed. I had to remove the cover and plug the pin in. If you use non conventional audio out, you might want to think twice. Still recommend this product, as it provides great protection and cushion to the phone.

Update - 10/11/2011

My phone dropped off a few times on hard surfaces and not even a scratch. The drawback I previously pointed out is no longer a drawback. I use conventional 3.5 mm pins without having to remove the cover and sometimes blue tooth relay for the audio. Worthy investment of every penny.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case if you are willing to compromise, July 13, 2011
mega (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews

I really had a few simple requirements from a case when I started:
1) not bulky or stick to my pocket
2) protect the device from a moderate drop

Along the way, I added a few more grading criteria. (The reason I added them is in parenthesis.)
3) Don't degrade my reception (Jett)
4) protect the screen when placed face-down (barely there)
5) not too slippery (barely-there)
6) appearance (NGP)

A few high-level comparisons between these very different cases are important before I begin my review. The jett case is a metal bumper-style with a lip extending front and rear. This case is a plastic case with full rear and side coverage, and lip extending front. The jett case is not quite 4x the cost of this NGP. The barely-there is the most low profile case I could find, it is fairly slick and does not extend whatsoever to protect the screen.

The NGP ends up being a compromise. Per the above criteria:
1) It is not the lowest profile, but it's not too bulky. (Lose a half-star for bulk.) It is the perfect amount of grip. It feels perfectly smooth, and is easy to remove from pockets. At the same time, it grips fine in the hand. The polymer is much better than a softer rubbery or silicone material in that it does not stretch or stick.
2) It will definitely protect the device. It is not a hard plastic, but in fact it will take a good impact. It also has substantial corners (hence not the lowest profile) but not too obnoxious.
3) It doesn't degrade reception at all (unlike the Jett case which did)
4) It has a good bead around the front, again not the lowest profile, but not too obnoxiously big. So the screen is well protected.
5) As mentioned above, grips perfectly fine in the hand.
6) It is admittedly not a sexy looking case. The Jett looks really freaking slick (although a bit bulkier) whereas the barely-there looks great. This NGP is very plain. Not glittery, not feminine, and not hello-kitty. So it works for me, but definitely its appearance is not up to apple standards and would make Steve Jobs cringe. (So, lose a half-star for appearance.)

One nit is that the fit around the volume buttons is imperfect. It's difficult to explain, but here goes... The volume buttons slightly protrude from the iphone, whereas the inside of the case does not have corresponding cavities to marry up with these buttons. Consequently, the case bulges out very slightly at those buttons. It is easier than it should be to accidentally mash the case and hit a random "volume up or down function". This is acceptable, although they really should have done a better job of it. (So, lose a star for design).

All things considered, this NGP met all of my criteria except for the appearance being a bit bulky or utilitarian. If you are all about apple, this would definitely not be your case. But if your phone spends lots of time in your pocket or in your car cupholder or on your desk and maybe flipped on its face, this is going to keep your phone safe.

Perhaps this is subjective, but I would go as far as to say that the iphone4 is inherently less case-friendly than the iphone3. (assuming you want a full case). Iphone3 has far better looking (and lower profile) full cases due to the rounded back. Iphone4 cases have square backs and generally have flat sides which simply add more material and bulk. I hope the iphone5 returns to the rounded back as the rumors claim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ran over the phone and still working!!!!, June 27, 2011
V. Pollard (Salt Lake City, Utah) - See all my reviews
My husband and I finally took the plunge and decided to purchase iPhones. He works as a freight driver and he is pretty hard on phones. I invested in the best reviewed screen protectors and I thought I should do the same with the case. The Incipio NGP case is a champ. After only 10 days of having the phone he left it on the back bumper of a a very large truck. He proceeded to run over it with the truck and trailer which was weighed at 5000 pounds. He thought for sure the phone was a goner. The phone luckily landed face down and all we can figure is the hard ridged edges kept the screen from getting pressed against the ground. After a quick screen protector change everything was back up and running like it had never been run over. If that isn't a great review I don't know what else is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, October 14, 2011
Ben (Granville, OH United States) - See all my reviews
I can confirm that this case works perfectly with the Verizon iPhone 4S.

Great case! Doesn't attract dirt or lint, durable...I'm very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the 4S!, October 14, 2011
Probably the best case I've ever used. It's not sticky at all, so it won't stick in your pocket, and feels very smooth. Doesn't collect dust like a lot of other cases do, and feels very firm in the hand. And yes, it fits the iPhone 4S.

4.0 out of 5 stars great case, with a few minor caveats, May 12, 2011
I bought the coral colored case for my verizon iphone 4, and I must say it is a great case.

Pros:
-Protects well all around, and with the raised edge around the front of the phone, I don't have to worry about the screen cracking if I drop the phone face down (which I've done before, and no problems).
-It's not silicone/rubbery, so there is no dust collection, which I really like.
-Flexible enough for you to twist, but won't break or crack if you were to say, sit/step on it by mistake
-Retains forms pretty well, even after I've taken it on and off the phone multiple times.
-Easy to install, never feel like I'm scratching up my phone or anything when removing it, vice versa
-Camera cutout is large enough so that it doesnt impair the flash, and the beveled edge of the cutout is darkened black, which is even better. never had a problem with glare on my flash photos
-pretty snug from what i can tell, there's really only a few specks of dust on my back cover each time I take the cover off, maybe once every 2 weeks or so. I keep it in my bag, my pocket, my jacket, etc, ie it gets many an opportunity to get dusty, so im happy

Cons:
-The one I bought was meant for an AT&T iphone4, as many have mentioned that the ringer/silent cutout does not center the sliding button the way it looks on the models. It doesnt interfere with the function at all, in fact the bottom border of the case's cutout lies just flush underneath the button. The volume keys are perfectly aligned though
-the cutout for the earphone is a little smaller than i'd hoped. I have an 3.5mm A/C jack that connects with my car stereos and it's not thin enough to fully be plugged in with the case on. I have to take the case off in order to plug the jack in
-i've left my phone in the back pocket of my jeans before and the color has stained the edges slightly, but it's not too noticeable

one thing to note, the coral color is brighter in real life than in the pictures. It looks dull and like dirt on the website, but it's pretty in real life.

overall, i think it's a great case, and my qualms are really minor ones. if you're prone to dropping your phone like i am, it offers great protection, and i spent at least a couple weeks researching and reading reviews. i'm very happy with it

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, February 8, 2011
I just bought this case, so I can't comment on it's durability (hence 4 stars) but I am very happy so far. I have the Verizon iPhone and this case fits without an issue. The ringer silence button is a little close to the edge of the available window, but it is definitely fully accessible. The rest of the buttons/openings are in the right places.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, August 27, 2010
I bought this case at Wal-Mart yesterday morning as a quick fix for my brand new 16GB iPhone 4. My intent is to get an Otterbox here off of amazon, since I know someone who has one for their 3G. After installing this case on my phone, I am not sure I will be buying an Otterbox product now.

No, it does not have nearly the same amount of coverage/protection that an Otterbox would, but having used my friend's phone to make a call one time, I remember how uncomfortable the case was on my ear. I am always careful with my gadgets, but mainly want a case to protect from scratches and fingerprints.

I had Invisible Shield installed on the phone screen at a kiosk right outside the Apple Store, so that is taken care of as far as scrapes on the face of the phone. For those who are thinking of having the entire phone covered with Invisible Shield, don't waste your money. If you are putting the phone in a case, then all you need protected is the screen. I have found that screen protectors that come with a phone case aren't quite the same quality as Invisible Shield. If you are going commando with the phone as far as a case goes, then get the whole phone covered. It will at least prevent scratches.

I will continue to use this case to see how it holds up over several months. The only thing that concerns me is wondering if the case will lose its shape from being stretched from removing/replacing the case on the phone (for cleaning, etc). Time will tell, but right now I am pleased with the case.

Rate and Discover Movies