Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

Color: White/GrayProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$9.50+ Free shipping

on September 27, 2012
Excellent case. I bought this at the Verizon store for $20 on iPhone 5 launch day, as it was one of the few cases available on day 1. My intent was to go for an Otterbox Commuter (my wife has a commuter on her 4s, and liked it), but this was all they had, and the Incipio cases received good reviews for the 4/4S. The inner material is a smooth rubber material, not too unlike that of the Otterbox Commuter, but substantially thinner. It is thick enough to provide protection from minor falls and dings, but thin enough to not compromise the slim size or attractiveness of the phone. The outer shell is a very smooth (but oddly grippable) plastic. I can't say I've ever really seen anything quite like it. After seeing it, my wife ordered and Incipio case for her 4S to replace the commuter (she was jealous)

I have the white and grey, and haven't noticed any excessive dirt, lint or scratching on the case, as another reviewer points out. I keep the phone in my front pocket, and it fits well there, even when I wear jeans. I have dropped the phone twice already, but both times were minor drops (about 12"), and the case did its job and protected the phone. There is a Bezel around the front that will protect the screen if the phone falls face down.

FYI, The case does NOT come with a screen protector, as some do. I personally like to have something on the screen, so I did buy a packet, as they weren't that expensive. I'm sure you could get away without if you wanted to.

Update: I've been corrected. Apparantly, the case, when ordered from amazon does come with a screen protector.

Update 2: I've had the case for almost a month now, and I've dropped my phone about a dozen times. (Not on purpose, in just very clumsy). Case holds up extremely well. The lip around the front has protected the screen, and its shock absorbent enough to protect the phone when ut falls. ( the worst drop was about 4ft onto a concrete floor). I have the white/grey and it is starting to show some scratches/ scuffs, which is to be expected I guess given the rough treatment of the phone. I suppose that's why I keep it in a case! Better the case than the phone! So far so good. Keeping the review at 5 stars.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2012
This case is the best iPhone case I have owned. It not only fits great and feels good, it also is pretty durable. After about a month of having my iPhone 5, I bought this case. A few days later, I was getting something out of the back of my truck and set my iPhone on the side of my truck bed. As you can guess, I left it there and drove off. I realized it about 3 minutes after I had drove off and jumped out of my truck in the middle of a service road to see if it was still there, it wasn't. I drove back to the area and tracked my phone using my friend's iPhone and find my friends. About 6-7 minutes after I had drove off, I finally found it sitting in the middle of a busy road face down. I was sure it was a pile of scraps by now. I picked it up and there was a tire print on the back of my new case and it was covered in black rubber dust. I turned it over and it still worked, no cracked screen just scrapes all over the case. Once I got into some light, I noticed that my screen had 6 small scratches and that was the only damage. The body of the iPhone was untouched because of this case, I couldn't believe it. So if you are looking for a case that isn't nearly as bulky as the otter box and protects the iPhone, this is the case to get.
VINE VOICEon September 29, 2012
I got Cyan Blue with dark gray inside cover. I own iPhone 5, black. Perfect fit - like a glove. Outside case is a rather big improvement on Salicylic iPhone 4 skin I own - feels nice and smooth and somewhat grippy on surfaces.

Colors: blue is not as flashy blue as they show on picture, it's just a nice, muted green/blue hue. Gray inside is dark! I love how almost black, matches screen perfectly.

I added pictures of my blue dual pro to picture library.
review image review image review image review image
on October 19, 2012
I've been using this case for a couple of weeks now. Overall it's very nice, combining a soft silicone core with a harder shell. It comes with the screen protector and cloth for wiping it clean.

However, I've been getting a lot of complaints from friends that the call quality is poor and that my voice sounds muffled/garbled. It seems strange that this would be the case given that the iPhone 5 has three microphones. One of the microphones is on the back near the camera, which is clearly exposed by the case, as is the second microphone near the top of the front of the phone. The third microphone, and probably the most important, is at the bottom of the phone near the lightning connector, and it's this microphone that is unfortunately partially obscured by the silicone inner case. I noticed the same muffled quality myself when trying to record a new voicemail greeting. Removing the case seems to help, which is a shame, because it's otherwise a very functional and aesthetically pleasing case.
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2012
All I can say is wow - I am very impressed with this case. I have been using it for almost 2 weeks now and I am still impressed. In the past I have been a loyal InCase Slider and Otterbox Commuter customer. I had never heard of Incipio's Dual Pro, but after reading the reviews for the new iPhone 5 Otterbox Commuter case I was concerned about the added bulk that a case would add to my new, slimmed down, iPhone 5. I took my chances and ordered this case for less than half the cost of the Otterbox. The Incipio is even better than I could have imagined!

1) It fits perfectly around my iPhone 5, nice snug fit without a lot of bulk. As a woman, I don't have large pockets, and it fits comfortable in any of my tight jean pockets as the phone would without a case
2) It has a nice soft touch feel to the hard exterior shell and a snug, soft, rubberized interior shell
3) Came with a screen protector (which I didn't know and had bought my own)
4) Includes a handy collapsible stand.

1) The screen protector it came with doesn't cover enough of the screen for my liking. It has generic openings instead of specific holes (see my photos added to this product)
2) There aren't port or speaker covers - but I knew that prior to purchasing it

As an added note, the blue on the Cyan/Gray isn't quite as bright as the photo on Amazon. I'd say this is a plus as I was a bit concerned about the color being too obnoxious. Check out the photos I added to Amazon's listing to see the box contents.

Great value for the price - highly recommended.
review image review image review image review image review image
on October 30, 2012
I had an Incipio case for my iPhone 4, and ordered this one for my iPhone 5 as soon as it became available. I love the new case as much as the old, but have found one problem. The case is not compatible with the Lightning to 30-pin adapter. So if you have any old accessories and were planning on using them, together with an iPhone 5 and this case by means of the adapter, think again. What's worse, the case cannot easily slip off from just the bottom as some cases can so you can attach a cord with the adapter for a while just to recharge, for example. So I'm dropping this from a 5-start review to 4.
Not sure how easily Incipio could have designed around this, and I don't think they ever claimed the case would work with the adapter, but it still is in my mind a flaw to design a case that has his drawback. In every other way I love the case. It appears durable, and offers strong protection without adding too much weight or bulk.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2012
I'm tough on my phone cases usually and this case is excellent quality. I've purchased and returned several others from the initial iphone 5 launch where they cost 35 dollars and buttons were hard to access and there were gaps in the case. This case you can access the buttons nicely and provides a comfortable grip. The only thing I don't love about this case is the fact that the rubber inner jacket does grab lint. I should note that the screen protector included is not something to take to the bank, it's very basic and not high quality, but it's free and I wanted the case which is good quality. I ordered a high quality glass screen protector from Spigen which was excellent qualitySPIGEN SGP iPhone 5 Screen Protector Glass [GLAS.t] Glass Screen Protector for AT&T Verizon Sprint T-Mobile International Unlocked. The two together are great.
on November 14, 2012
I bought 2 cases to get the color combo I wanted. I really was expecting this case to be exactly like Incipio's Silicrylic case for my old iPhone 4S. It's not. The inner, soft part of the case is thicker (which unfortunately takes away from how thin the new iPhone is). I'm sure that makes it a better protector for your phone if dropped but it makes the top on/off button hard to press. The case is also thicker where it wraps around the sides of the phone to the front of the phone making it slightly more difficult to type. On the side the volume buttons are easy to press but the cutout for the switch is smaller so the thicker case makes it hard to get a finger in there to flick the switch. On the bottom of the case the cutouts block some of the microphone and speaker ports. The cutouts also make it impossible to use Apple's adapter if you want to use your old USB cable. The cutouts also look sort of flimsy and I would expect them to start tearing after months of use coming in and out of pockets. Only time will tell.

The feel of the case is the high point of this review. It's simply a perfect balance of grip. Slides in and out of pockets without collecting every piece of lint that touches it and doesn't slide around in your hand or on your desk surface.

The low point of the review is the fit of the case. You can actually feel the phone sliding back in forth in the case. There isn't room on the sides but there is on the top and bottom probably around a couple millimeters or 1/8". I've had this case for just two days not a few weeks like another reviewer that said the case had stretched.

I contacted Incipio and they will replace the case that's not fitting well. Remember I said I ordered 2 cases? Well, the other case fits quite well. Hopefully the replacement fits so I can get back to the color combo I want.
on October 12, 2012
This is my 2nd Incipio case. I also had one for my previous iPhone 4. That case took a lot of drops and my iPhone 4 was fine.

This new case is a bit different. There is a rubber gasket piece that goes around the edge of phone. This then snaps into a harder plastic shell. It is supposed to keep the phone suspended in a shock absorbing area. Luckily I have not dropped the phone yet so I cant tell how well that works.

I know that the lip or outer edge of the front of the phone is good. It is just big enough so that you can turn your iPhone face down and not worry about scratching the front of it. It also came with a screen protector, but I never use those. The front is Gorila glass so it is pretty sturdy.

The covered buttons on the side work well for the volume, so does the top power button. On the side the ringer silence switch is accessible with your finger. The back camera opening is also well placed and does not cause any problems with the flash.

On the bottom, both speakers are visible and uncovered, so the sound is as good as it can be. Also the 9 pin adapter is assessable as well as the 2.5mm headphone jack. There is enough space around the headphone jack to get a standard 2.5mm m to m cable plugged in, so if you are using this to output audio to your car you should have no problem.
on October 12, 2012
This case seems to be ideal for those who enjoyed the Otterbox Commuter for previous iPhones. I loved that the Commuter offered the dual layers of protection yet did not add much bulk to the phone. I want a case to protect my phone from drops without compromising the aesthetic and size. Many say that the Commuter does not scale down in size to match the thinner iPhone 5. Supposedly it makes the iPhone 5 substantially bulkier as compared to Commuters for previous iPhones. The Incipio Dual Pro is an ideal alternative.

It has a similar dual layer soft/hard rubber composition as the Commuter but is much slimmer and does not add much size to the phone. I believe it provides a fair amount of shock absorption for drops from several feet onto a hard surface. If I forget that my phone is in my lap when getting out of my car I feel that my phone is well protected enough. To me the ideal case provides this type of protection while still sliding comfortably into my pocket, and the Incipio Dual Pro meets that criteria.

The edges of the case stick up slightly higher than the screen and give it a lip so that your screen will never touch a flat surface if face down. The texture of the soft rubber outer layer is smooth but still provides adequate grip. The lightning port, headphone and speaker holes are cut perfectly. Pressing the sleep/wake and volume button covers have the same robust feel as pressing the bare buttons.

My mom has the white/grey case and my aunt has the two-toned pink case and they absolutely love them. I would highly recommend buying a good third party screen protector as you can do better than the one the case comes with. Check the reviews for the Spigen and MediaDevil Crystal Clear screen protectors (the latter being the best in my opinion). Even if you decide to not get a screen protector the case will offer plenty of protection, but you'll be much more at ease with one on.

Great case, great price. I couldn't recommend this more.