5.0 out of 5 stars Otterbox Killer!!!
Published on July 4, 2012 by Richard

2.0 out of 5 stars Easily slides off the phone
While this case seems like it is really great, the reality is that if you have pockets you'll learn to hate it. The case design "should" make it so that the hard outside piece keeps everything tightly in place, but what really happens is that the cover easily slides off the corners of the phone when you take it in and out of your pants pocket.

Additionally,...
Published on September 18, 2012 by Rick

5.0 out of 5 stars Otterbox Killer!!!, July 4, 2012
This review is from: Incipio SA-302 Silicrylic Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core for Samsung Galaxy S III - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This case is the cream of the crop! I have been an Otterbox fan for a few years now, have them on multiple of my devices both past and present but after giving this case a shot (only because the Otterbox was not yet out for my Galaxy S III at the time) I am no longer! The GS3 is a very sleek, sexy phone and while it was very important for me to ensure it was safe in the event I dropped it I also wanted to preserve it's sexy at the same time. Otterbox cases have a way of making your devices big and bulky and don't do anything at all to enhance it's sexy, this case does the opposite! The silicone sleeve fits securely, the cut outs are all very precisely placed and allow unobstructed use and operation of them and the things they're for. The polycarbonate shell snaps on easily, yet securely to give you that double layer of protection and it has a feel and look that is extremely close to that of the silicone sleeve. So close that many won't be able to tell the difference between the two if they didn't already know it was infact a 2 piece case. The biggest surprise here though is that the case actually accentuated the sexy of the phone! With it's precision build quality, texture, surprisingly minimal bulk, and it's very refined and "finished" look, this case is nearly perfect.

But i'm no fanboy, there are some things I'd like to see improved upon. First, I'd like to see some plugs or covers integrated into the case to cover and protect the headphone jack and charger port when they are not in use. Keeping dust, dirt and other contaminants out of there would lovely. Most of us keep our phones in our pocket so lint, dust, crumbs, etc., all build up in there and with these ports being exposed can allow that stuff to get where it shouldn't be, inside the phone. I would also like if they would somehow make the case a bit more grippy. The shell feels very good in the hand but it doesn't lend itself to good grip.....it kind of feels as if it's covered in baby powder. Not because you get that powdery residue all over your hands when you hold it cause you don't, but it's that same silky smooth feel. During use it's that shell that most of us need to provide the grip needed to use the phone and with this case you just have to be a bit more careful to ensure you've got a good grip on it. I knew about the lack of covered ports when I bought it, didn't know about the texture/feel of the shell so that would be the only thing that takes away points from this case. Fix those two things and this will be the perfect case!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Incipio case is way better than Otterbox!!, July 17, 2012
Well,

I just bought the new Samsung Galaxy S3 and I spent so much time looking for the right case, but a case which it wouldn't make my phone looks like a brick such as the Otterbox which I had for my previous phone, HTC EVO 3D (terrible cellphone by the way), the otterbox didn't protect as I thought it would, and also, it has a such terrible design, making your cellphone too bulky!

The Incipio was a great surprise at the end... Its cheaper than Otterbox, and also, your phone is going to still looking sexy, thin and not a brick like the otterbox (which is overpriced!). Its very easy to install the Incipio Case, and protection is amazing I did drop by a mistake, and nothing has happened to my phone! The Incipio case fits amazingly well on your hand!

I really do recommend the Incipio Case Dual Layer!!!!!

Don't buy the Otterbox Commuter case, its very hard to install, and also, you will have a hard time to use the volume and power buttons...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case., July 3, 2012
I don't know what the other reviewer was talking about. The case isn't a car tire and won't grip like one. But it's far from "slickery". I bought one and really like the case.

2.0 out of 5 stars Easily slides off the phone, September 18, 2012
Rick (Issaquah WA United States) - See all my reviews

Additionally, the soft part of the cover is really loose and it easily is pulled away from the phone on the edges. This gets pretty annoying when you pick up the phone from a shirt pocket and have to always deal with the case rolling back a bit from the phone.

I did tons of research and read lots of reviews before buying this, but I'm really disappointed with it. If you never put it in any kind of pocket you'll probably be fine, but if you're like me and always put it in a shirt or pants pocket it will only serve to frustrate and annoy you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Otterbox Knockoff, December 21, 2012
I have an assortment of cheap cases for my Galaxy S3, but I decided I needed to upgrade to a more protective case. I debated between this and the Otterbox Commuter; I finally decided on this one.

The case arrived yesterday, and I was able to compare it side-by-side with a Galaxy S3 in an Otterbox Commuter.

Simply put, this case looks, feels, and performs like a cheap knockoff.

Let's start with the silicone layer. It is too big for the S3. If you put just the silicone on, it is floppy and is in constant danger of falling off. It's so loose that any wrong move will make it flop right off the phone. I couldn't even put the phone in my pocket without the silicone falling off. The outer shell is fine, but because the silicone layer is too big, the outer shell doesn't fit well either. It squishes the inner layer so that it gaps, at either the top or the bottom of the phone. The outer layer does not fit against the inner layer, leaving gaps at each corner.

I compared this to the Otterbox Defender. The Defender case fits like a glove. The outer and inner layers fit together perfectly with no gaps. The inner silicone layer fits snugly and is in no danger of falling off. Thus I've decided to return the Incipio case and get an Otterbox instead.

I'm honestly disappointed. This is the quality I would expect from a $2 knockoff from China, not from Incipio. I've returned it, and I'm getting an Otterbox instead.

I've uploaded several photos of the fit issue, so I recommend you take a look at those before buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome form factor and protection, July 9, 2012
This is the first time I have written a review on amazon and I felt compelled after receiving the product. The case offers very good protection in a minimalist form. The interior silicon is not sticky like rubber and won't get stuck in your pocket like an otterbox will. I know people think it's "baby powder like" and think of it as a con, but to me it is far from it. The case is still grippy but not too grippy. The plastic part snaps securely with no gaps, as well as covering the corners with double protection. Unlike my old evo 4g otterbox. And there is adequate protection for the screen provided by the lip around the screen. This case also preserves the thin form of the Galaxy SIII. The case is not a huge lump in your pocket. Overall I would rate it 10/10, Incipio has won me over, I will be purchasing more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case., December 21, 2012
I've had this case (the pink/black one) ever since I got my Galaxy S3.

It's a great case... I honestly don't have anything negative to say about it, it's saved my phone loads of times and looks a LOT better than Otterbox.

It's dual layer, so obviously it's a little tricky to get on at first. It's also not a case you can take on and off several times since the shell becomes weak in certain areas. The first one I had, I took off so many times cleaning it that the top left corner above the volume control snapped. Somehow the case still fit although it made the silicone a little, so I ended up purchasing another one. This really doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the case, just me being rough with it and forcing it off.

The only reason I'm not currently using this case is because I bought a new one, but I will definitely be switching between them.

Another thing... don't buy these from your carrier. The first Incipio I bought was from Verizon, and I think it was about $30 which was kind of ridiculous. Definitely purchase it here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, October 15, 2012
This phone cover has a good feel and quality construction. The covers fit is accurate and seals well. The hard shell has a mat finish that helps the grip as well as strategically exposed silicone. It lacks headphone port and charging port dust covers. The inner silicone case has a slightly loose fit but seals accurately. The outer hard shell fits well and has a light and thinner profile. I found the external control feel light and easy to use. Installing the phone into the case was made easier due to the greater flexibility. The screen protector fits well and is a "wet style". I recommend this highly as long as the price is right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, October 20, 2012
This is a great case. Have a Samsung Galaxy S III and the case fits perfect. Not bulky yet seems to be built to protect. Hard shell on back and corners with soft silicone on sides for a good grip. My only problem was screwing up the placement of the screen protector and in trying to fix it I rendered it useless. Too bad because the screen protector was nice. Would recommend to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last., December 17, 2012
I had my case for maybe 3 months and the plastic prong thing broke off and now there's a jagged edge that drives me crazy. I'm not even sure how it happened, it's not like I dropped it. Anyway, I'm pretty disappointed now but for 3 months I was happy.