“The information in this text is all valuable and important for the students we teach. Friend and Bursuck have done a comprehensive job in covering the very topics that educators should be aware of, know something about, or master. I commend the authors for such a fine job pulling together this very critical material.”
- Janetta Fleming Bradley, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
“The style of writing is user-friendly. It feels like a conversation between a mentor and teacher is taking place.”
- Melina Alexander, Weber State University
“The use of student examples woven throughout the chapters makes the book very clear and realistic for future teachers who are coming to grips with the idea of inclusion. There are many practical and understandable real-life examples throughout the book.”
- Dr. Genevieve Howe Hay, College of Charleston
“I think this is an excellent text for Introduction/Survey of Special Education courses that are designed to give the learner a broad overview of diversity in the classroom.”
- Jackie Paxton, Ed.D., Arkansas Tech University
From the Back Cover
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice. Register for MyEducationLab today at www.myeducationlab.com.
MyEducationLab is an online solution that provides highly relevant assignments and resources designed to connect your textbook to real teaching situations. It is fully integrated with your textbook; wherever you see the MyEducationLab logo in the margins or elsewhere in the text, follow the simple instructions to access videos, strategies, cases, and artifacts associated with assignments, activities, and learning units on MyEducationLab.
MyEducationLab provides you with opportunities to study and thoroughly understand your course content and also to practice the skills needed to become a successful classroom teacher:
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
• Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text.
— Completion of each practice test generates a study plan that is unique to you.
— The study plan links to text excerpts, activities with feedback, and videos and other media that can help you master concepts covered in your text.
• Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
• Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
• Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
• Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
• Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN: