From the Publisher
A user-friendly guide to incorporation for today's growing legions of entrepreneurs
To incorporate or not to incorporate? With small businesses booming across the nation, millions of self-employed people are asking that question. At last, here is all the information readers need to make informed decisions. This book explains:
- the advantages and disadvantages of incorporating
- state and federal laws about corporations
- the ins and outs of filing a corporate tax return
- 10 commonly made mistakes by small corporations
- the best ways to create tax-free medical benefits and pension and retirement plans
- a guide to business life after incorporation
From the Back Cover
"An invaluable tool to help you make the proper decision on how to incorporate."
—Larry Kesslin, Let's Talk Business Network, New York City
Praise for Incorporating Your Business For Dummies
"One of the most comprehensive resource tools of its kind, this step-by-step manual provides… state-of-the-art guidance on the ‘best practices’ to use in forming and maintaining a corporation."
—Mark Schultz, Research Institute for Small & Emerging Business, Inc.
"Incorporating Your Business For Dummies provides an invaluable resource with clear and informative directions for anyone who has caught the entrepreneurial bug."
—Melissa Wahl, National Association for Female Executives
Get savvy tips on cutting through the paperwork jungle
Let the experts show you how fast and easy it is to incorporate your business For more than 100 years, The Company Corporation has been helping businesses like yours get incorporated. Now they've distilled all their expertise into a friendly, easy-to-understand guide that walks you through the entire process. If you want to protect your personal assets, save on taxes, and enjoy the other benefits of incorporation, this book can help you make it happen — starting today!
Discover how to:
- Evaluate the pros and cons of incorporation
- Find answers to your business structure questions
- Plan for bylaws, meetings, and elections
- Document organizational activities to protect your personal assets
- Find assistance with locating capital
Get smart! www.dummies.com Register to win cool prizes Browse exclusive articles and excerpts Get a free Dummies Daily e-mail newsletter Chat with authors and preview other books Talk to us, ask questions, get answers
See all Editorial Reviews