5.0 out of 5 stars I loved these movies................
I love these movies because the are fun to watch and are so bad. There is some artistic quality in them especially the bizarre cinematography. I defintely found these movies entertaining and as always they are defintely something weird.
Published on December 6, 2005 by A. Salgado

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely an acquired taste!
Published on October 3, 2004 by WLR

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely an acquired taste!, October 3, 2004
WLR (Chicago, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Indecent Desires / My Brother's Wife (DVD)
I'm the guy who wrote a review a few years ago trashing another Doris Wishman DVD Bad Girls go to Hell. However, I like the trailers from some of her other movies so I gave it a shot. Indecent Desires is OK but didn't live up to my hopes. I like Sharon Kent, especially naked, so that's part of the hook for me. A weirdo loser in NYC finds a blonde doll and a ring and somehow becomes convinced that Sharon is the same as the doll. The rest is like voodoo or witchcraft, as he touches the doll she feels someone touching her, well, you get the idea. I like the basic premise but I felt that it was never developed enough and left me unsatisfied and disappointed. As an aside, when I watch these old movies about NYC it never fails to impress me that New York often seems more like Europe than America. My Brother's Wife is a typical Doris Wishman B&W 60s movie with Wishman regulars like Sam Stewart and Darlene Bennett. Cad Sam Stewart returns to NYC and stays with his brother and his brother's young wife June Roberts in their apartment. He soon decides to romance June so that he can get her to give him their life savings so that he can then ditch her and run off with party girl Darlene. That's the plot. Of course, all of the dialogue is voice-over and one wonders what these people really sound like. I know from Cargo of Love that Sam Stewart has a strong hispanic accent. Most of the others, I suspect, must really have strong Brooklyn or Queens accents. The women look good in their lingerie, etc. There's never anybody in a Doris Wishman movie who isn't a loser.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved these movies................, December 6, 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, October 21, 2014
complete rubbish

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 23, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Nudie Cutie ---, July 3, 2013
This review is from: Indecent Desires / My Brother's Wife (DVD)
Wishman Does Film Nior --- No Nudie Cutie Here ---Still Not Bad As Her Later Stuff ---- But Not As Good As Her Early Stuff ---Worth A Watch ---- Nothing Beats NUDE ON THE MOOOOON ! PS --- Not A Roughie If Thats What Your Looking For

Indecent Desires / My Brother's Wife
Indecent Desires / My Brother's Wife by Doris Wishman (DVD - 2004)
$9.98 $8.99