Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 19, 2015
Very satisfied with this jacket. Like one customer noted, it's pretty much impossible to find a Sherpa jacket that has lining in the arms, well this one DOES have lining in the arms! (Despite what people are answering in the "Customer Questions" which is why I uploaded a picture with one of the sleeves turned inside out.)
review image
on March 7, 2010
I purchased this jacket for my college-age son. He loves it! It keeps him warm and styling, even in the midst of a Great Lakes area snowstorm.
The only drawback is that the metal zipper catches some. Rubbing a bar of soap up and down the zipper a couple times did the trick.
on December 5, 2013
In three words:
Buy something else.

This was bought to replace an old Big Dogs (no longer made, or I would have bought another) sherpa hoodie, a real quality piece.

My lady bought it as a gift for me. I did the shopping and asked for this based on reviews. Those reviews must have been for a different hoodie as the Hoodie I am looking at isn't anything like what I am reading about.
It's built for a tall thinner person. I'm 5'10" and the medium reaches kind of low on my butt. Not a bad thing.
But if you are short, or wide, be warned.
The construction is so-so, decent zipper, it being the high point of the construction, not really good interior stitching, the exterior shell is less than heavy-weight, particularly when compared to above Big Dogs hoodie. I doubt it will stand up to working on anything substantial, like moving oak on a cold morning.

But that is almost secondary.

The "sherpa" is hardly heavier than a super-fluffed up standard sweatshirt. If I were to describe it, I would say it feels like a regular sweatshirt, only a little thicker. In fact, that is exactly what it looks like. I'd call it false advertising, but I doubt there is a standard for "sherpa".
Let me put it this way, it isn't my idea of sherpa. If it is yours, you need expand your horizons.

My beat up old Big Dogs Sherpa is VISIBLY and tactually at least twice as thick. It weighs considerably more. And its old and worn out. Of course, it is really "sherpa". It looks like phony sheepskin. This isn't even close to that.

For giggles, I just walked outside, where it is 38 degrees.
Tried them both, old and new.
One was warm, one wasn't. The new one wasn't.

Moving on.
It was bought for me as a gift, so I asked for large. When I received it, I sent it back for refund as soon as I opened it, (that's what the gift giver wanted to do)without unzipping it as it was obviously way too long, so I didn't look at the lining or construction closely at that point. MY bad.
So this is somewhat on me. Doesn't change my point.
When the refund posted, a medium was ordered.
Had I looked at it more closely, I would have returned the first one as just plain unsatisfactory, because that is what I have now, an unsatisfactory item.

Since I already spent $12 returning the first one and these are $39, it is hardly worth it to send a second one back. Between me and my lady, who bought this as a gift hoping it would be good, we are into it for $39 plus shipping two of them plus returning one.
I'd be throwing bad money after bad money.

If you want real warmth and good quality, look elsewhere, this ain't it.
on February 12, 2013
This is by far now my favorite sweatshirt, and the only problem is I now don't know what to do with my others. I put it through the wash once, and heald my breath, as others have been ruined in the wash, and it came out as good as new with no shrinkage. I even wear it around my office when its really cold in the meeting rooms. It looks great too, I love the green as it looks kinda army like.
on November 12, 2013
I bought this in a size "Medium" for my 5"11' husband. This thing was huge; I think it's more like a sleeping bag than a hoodie. Worst part is, they make you pay for the return shipping. I'm never buying from this seller again, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
on November 18, 2013
This product fits perfectly, unlike what another reviewer had posted. I like my clothes pretty slim-fitting - I'm 5'7" 145 lbs and wear a small. I bought this product in a size small and it fits great. Very warm, perfect for layering under a jacket in the winter or wearing it alone during the late fall. Looks great as well - because it is thick, it gives the impression of added bulk, which is a plus for those conscious of their physique! Would recommend this to anyone and will probably buy another one in a different color.

**Edit: After washing this garment in warm water and drying it under high heat, it did shrink a little bit, nothing major. For me, it fits even better now because I prefer my clothing to be more fitted. I hope this helps for those concerned that this garment will be too large - it won't be! Order in your normal size.
on February 17, 2015
I got this sweatshirt and tried it on out of the box. It fit larger than I expected. So when I got home, I washed it and it didn't shrink much, which is a good thing, but secretly I was hoping it would so it would fit me better. I am roughly 6 feet tall and about 165 pounds and the sleeves fit well, but the length on the body is a few inches longer than I like, but it's not a big deal. The hood, for me, seems too small to be useful. Fortunately, I don't use the hood very often, but definitely something you should think about if you use that often. I kind of wonder if the small would have fit better, but if it did, the hood would be just an accessory and completely useless for me.
on January 16, 2015
Got one of these for my son who at first was like, eh.... but then he wore it out to a bonfire on a really cold night and pretty much hasn't taken it off since. Husband tries it on, loves it, I buy him one, now HE wears it all the time. The two of them are always cold and recently it's been in the teens and twenties here and they both rave about how warm this sweatshirt is. I'd recommend it, and I think I should buy a couple more too!
on December 4, 2013
I am very please with the quality of this sweat jacket. It was actually much warmer than I expected.
A medium is generally a little tight on me so I ordered the large which is a little too big.
on January 27, 2016
Great jacket, but it fits like a tent, are large is HUGE!

I tried to return the product since Amazon had the "Free shipping" perk listed, but then they told me I had to pay for return shipping. Knocked off two stars for that.