4.0 out of 5 stars warm and styling
I purchased this jacket for my college-age son. He loves it! It keeps him warm and styling, even in the midst of a Great Lakes area snowstorm.
The only drawback is that the metal zipper catches some. Rubbing a bar of soap up and down the zipper a couple times did the trick.
Published on March 7, 2010 by sunshine

1.0 out of 5 stars More than disappointing
In three words:
Buy something else.

This was bought to replace an old Big Dogs (no longer made, or I would have bought another) sherpa hoodie, a real quality piece.

Published 12 months ago by John Oswald

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars warm and styling, March 7, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars More than disappointing, December 5, 2013
John Oswald (Redding, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Independent Trading Sherpa Lined Full-Zip Hooded Sweatshirt - EXP40SHZ (Apparel)
In three words:
Buy something else.

My lady bought it as a gift for me. I did the shopping and asked for this based on reviews. Those reviews must have been for a different hoodie as the Hoodie I am looking at isn't anything like what I am reading about.
It's built for a tall thinner person. I'm 5'10" and the medium reaches kind of low on my butt. Not a bad thing.
But if you are short, or wide, be warned.
The construction is so-so, decent zipper, it being the high point of the construction, not really good interior stitching, the exterior shell is less than heavy-weight, particularly when compared to above Big Dogs hoodie. I doubt it will stand up to working on anything substantial, like moving oak on a cold morning.

But that is almost secondary.

The "sherpa" is hardly heavier than a super-fluffed up standard sweatshirt. If I were to describe it, I would say it feels like a regular sweatshirt, only a little thicker. In fact, that is exactly what it looks like. I'd call it false advertising, but I doubt there is a standard for "sherpa".
Let me put it this way, it isn't my idea of sherpa. If it is yours, you need expand your horizons.

My beat up old Big Dogs Sherpa is VISIBLY and tactually at least twice as thick. It weighs considerably more. And its old and worn out. Of course, it is really "sherpa". It looks like phony sheepskin. This isn't even close to that.

For giggles, I just walked outside, where it is 38 degrees.
Tried them both, old and new.
One was warm, one wasn't. The new one wasn't.

Moving on.
It was bought for me as a gift, so I asked for large. When I received it, I sent it back for refund as soon as I opened it, (that's what the gift giver wanted to do)without unzipping it as it was obviously way too long, so I didn't look at the lining or construction closely at that point. MY bad.
So this is somewhat on me. Doesn't change my point.
When the refund posted, a medium was ordered.
Had I looked at it more closely, I would have returned the first one as just plain unsatisfactory, because that is what I have now, an unsatisfactory item.

Since I already spent $12 returning the first one and these are $39, it is hardly worth it to send a second one back. Between me and my lady, who bought this as a gift hoping it would be good, we are into it for $39 plus shipping two of them plus returning one.
I'd be throwing bad money after bad money.

If you want real warmth and good quality, look elsewhere, this ain't it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, November 18, 2013
This product fits perfectly, unlike what another reviewer had posted. I like my clothes pretty slim-fitting - I'm 5'7" 145 lbs and wear a small. I bought this product in a size small and it fits great. Very warm, perfect for layering under a jacket in the winter or wearing it alone during the late fall. Looks great as well - because it is thick, it gives the impression of added bulk, which is a plus for those conscious of their physique! Would recommend this to anyone and will probably buy another one in a different color.

**Edit: After washing this garment in warm water and drying it under high heat, it did shrink a little bit, nothing major. For me, it fits even better now because I prefer my clothing to be more fitted. I hope this helps for those concerned that this garment will be too large - it won't be! Order in your normal size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Warm and Comfortable, February 12, 2013
This is by far now my favorite sweatshirt, and the only problem is I now don't know what to do with my others. I put it through the wash once, and heald my breath, as others have been ruined in the wash, and it came out as good as new with no shrinkage. I even wear it around my office when its really cold in the meeting rooms. It looks great too, I love the green as it looks kinda army like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really warm, December 4, 2013
I am very please with the quality of this sweat jacket. It was actually much warmer than I expected.
A medium is generally a little tight on me so I ordered the large which is a little too big.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lined Full-Zip Hoody, November 25, 2013
This jacket fits well and our son loves to wear it. It seems to come through the washer and dryer very well as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, October 30, 2013
If you're worried about the jacket being too big, DON'T. Maybe go a size smaller. I am very happy with my purchase

1.0 out of 5 stars Did I buy a sweater, or a tent?, November 12, 2013
I bought this in a size "Medium" for my 5"11' husband. This thing was huge; I think it's more like a sleeping bag than a hoodie. Worst part is, they make you pay for the return shipping. I'm never buying from this seller again, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!!!!, March 26, 2014
The jacket fit my son perfect!!! He loves it and it's just as described. I asked for fast shipping and received it in a couple of days. Will shop with again.
Highly recommend!!!!
Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jackets were great., January 15, 2014
I purchased this jacket as a Christmas gift for my son-in-law and it fits perfect and they are a very well made jacket.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›