Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

50%
50%

on November 12, 2011
If you've seen the TV series then you'll love the book as you get a bit more background to the story of Bhaskar basically bumming around India on the BBC's pence. He does track down his father's ancestral home (now in Pakistan) and the humor along the way is quite "British."

I will say I learned more about exactly what you can see in India than other travelogues on the subject. I think an absolute must for anyone with a sense of comedy and history is the nightly Kashmir border closing ceremonies that are simply Pythonesque (watch the TV series and you'll understand).
on July 21, 2013
I have always liked Sanjeev Bhaskar and his take on travels through India are amusing and eye opening. This is a book i will probably read again.