Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on February 8, 2013
My daughter requires a dye-free diet. I was excited to find these natural dyes. They weren't as vibrant as I had hoped, but definitely add some fun and sparkle. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is trying to avoid petroleum-based chemical dyes. A word of caution--the green is made from spinach. It smells and tastes exactly like spinach. The rest are flavorless and odorless.
on April 9, 2014
1. Colors are VERY PRETTY - just somewhat muted (compared to the very bright, but chemically dyed sugars!)
2. All natural dyes - NO CHEMICALS!!!
3. TASTES GREAT! (couldn't taste "spinach" or other veggies used to make the colors)
4. Very crunchy - large crystals
on September 3, 2012
I used this to decorate my daughter's cake. Used green for grass, orange for a path, and blue for water (I made a Dora the explorer cake). Very earthly, but nice. It made me happy to know they were not loaded with tons of artifical ingredients. But be warned...not all india tree products are nateral...I also ordered colored sprinkes that were not natural...very disappointed.
on June 3, 2013
Love the colors and the taste is pretty good too. They are a little too crunchy for me, but the 4 year olds loved them. They do not come with shaker tops. Fortunately, the lids appear to be a standard size as the Simply Organic seasoning shaker tops worked and we were still able to seal them with the original lids over the shaker tops.
on January 20, 2013
It's very difficult to find decorating sugars, or sprinkles, that don't contain artificial colors or corn syrup/starch. I have been looking for years and these are the only ones I have found. The colors are a bit different as pictured, except for the blue. They are less vibrant and the raspberry red is definitely just raspberry and not red (it fades after some time to a pink). They also seem to take on, a bit, the taste of what was used to naturally color them (I have found this very common in natural food dyes). If you overdo the green sprinkles, it has a slight "earthy" smell/taste to it. Luckily, the scent seems to fade over time, if you don't use them all when you first open them (which we don't). I will continue to buy them, but I would really love to see a true red one of these days.....
on December 24, 2012
Well, the colors are pale and pretty ( except for the blue...very deep indigo) but the sugars smell weird, especially the green, because they use spinach to color it. So I will use them if I want to avoid the artificial dyes in the typical supermarket sugars. Also, the crystals are big so are a bit crunchy on the cookie.
on December 11, 2014
Not only was I sent six mixed up colors, but they contain red 40, yellow 5, and yellow 6. Ordered for a child with artificial dye allergies.
on December 20, 2012
Pretty, dye free, and easy to use. The one negative thing about these is that the top is open, and it can't be used as a shaker. Other than that, a yummy way to decorate cookies with no arificial cral.
on April 7, 2015
Nice vivid colors. These made for a nice sparkly birthday cake for my 10 year old who cannot have artificial colors. I tasted each color individually, and the only one that stands out at being a little odd is the green. It clearly tastes kind of green. I expected that from previous reviews, and knew to keep it light with the green. My very picky child also didn't notice any color flavor except the green. She avoided those pieces of cake, but no one else seemed to mind it when enjoyed with frosting. Price is a little high for what we get, but I can't get it locally and it's a great option for those who can't have "regular" sprinkles. Overall, I am pleased.
on January 15, 2015
I love having this option from making cupcakes for my kids! The colors will fade after a while, so if you don't use them up in the first six months you might be disappointed when you reach for them in your cabinet.