- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: University of Illinois Press (July 17, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0252071468
- ISBN-13: 978-0252071461
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.7 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,424,299 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Indiana: A HISTORY Paperback – July 17, 2003
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
He doesn't allow the reader to recognize that the citizens of Indiana and its legislature were largely sympathetic with secession and uniformly wary of Blacks as either slaves or citizens. What you receive from this book is an inappropriate romanticism about Gov. Morton. His failure to properly summarize his persecution of opponents and disregard for the will of the people goes beyond the license due to popular historians and into the realm of outright distortion.