Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on September 20, 2012
Yes, it's finally out!! Been waiting so long! But... Not sure if everyone else is oblivious to the risk of this collection but read on...

What is seriously going on with the execs who make the decisions for these long awaited collections? Is it a conspiracy for companies to give us bad packaging in hopes we ruin the product in hopes we buy it again after we ruin them over a long period? I'm not a movie troller who hates movies and Indiana Jones is one of the greatest franchises ever, I'm just fed up with these horrible packaging ideas. Basically the Indiana Jones Adventures is in identical packaging to the Clint Eastwood collection which was one of the worst packaging ideas ever. Here's the main issue, these treasured movies are stuffed in between two pieces of hard abrasive cardboard. In order to pull a movie out, you have to grab both sides of the disc right near the edge, immediately putting finger prints on the information side of the disc. Not to mention pulling it out on the bare cardboard as it's packed in so tight. Do this over a period of time, you're asking for trouble. Even trouble, i noticed a tiny 2cm scratch on Raiders the FIRST time I pulled it out from rubbing against the cardboard. Mind you, these blu ray discs can withstand scratches, but how much and for how long do you want to chance it? It's packed in so tight, it's just bound to happen when one day you're gonna freeze up thanks to a nice scratch from your case. IF you buy this collection which I still say you should, just take them out safely as you can and store them in a regular DVD Case. A major pain and yes, the case is basically worthless and nice to look at, but don't risk it if you want to savior this collection that is wonderful if you can salvage it before ruining it. Some people have said squeeze the cardboard to loosen and wait for it to fall out, I did try this on Raiders and temple and the disc did not move

If you want to know about the movies, on how they look, I actually think the older movies look even better than Skulls. Obviously the first 3 classics got the most love. Skulls is inferior, so we know why though. The extras are great, a nice documentary of watching Raiders with lots of deleted scenes and lost footage is an amazing find. Bonus materials are amazing! Just be really careful taking these movies out of the cases. Feel free to use Crystal Skulls as a coffee cup holder. ;)
2525 comments|179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2016
Great price for Bluray complete set! I can't wait to show my kids the adventures of Indiana Jones!

*I just tried playing disc 2 and it's doesn't work at all. It's thicker than disc one and three and barely even fits into my Bluray player. It's too late for me to return. My kids are very sad now.
on July 27, 2015
This is not a review of the movies, rather a review of the item itself. I love the movies, even Crystal Skull, but the quality of the movie reproduction on Blu Ray is very poor. The picture actually gets blurry or seems out of focus from time to time. Also, if you stop the movie at any point, it doesn't take you back to your stopping point. There is no "play from last point" option when you restart. Then there is the packaging. Very poor and cheap design. The card board sleeve storage is just plain stupid. Very disappointed in this collection.
on March 20, 2016
Packaging is terrible. Blu-rays are in there like pages in a book, and they get stuck in there. Not matter what you do, you end up getting finger prints on it before using it. Also my copy came with temple of doom with bubbles in the pressed copy and crystal skull warped. Neither of which would play. Returned this product as defective. Also the HD quality is not every good.
review image review image
on December 31, 2014
I had to return this set as various places in each movie would freeze and not continue playing the movie.
At first I thought it might be my new blu-ray DVD player however I brought it back to the store and they checked it out with these Indiana Jones movies and it was shown that the movies themselves had some kind of defect. I had absolutely no problems with the return.
on April 13, 2014
Although my order arrived on time and appeared to be in good condition, when I got to disc three "Last Crusade" it would not play.
On closer examination I found a 3/4 inch crack at the center of the disc hole. I have requested a refund (I wanted to exchange it but it would not let me print the shipping label so I had to do a refund before it allowed me to print a shipping label - pfffttttt - senseless)

Now I tried to reorder it and the price is higher....... makes no sense at all
on February 17, 2015
From a movie standpoint, our family loves Last Crusade and Raiders of the Lost Ark, with Temple of Doom being a distant third, and Crystal Skull maybe a tie for third. By this time we've all seen the movies so I won't spend any time reviewing them. This review is specifically about the packaging.

This set comes in a thin pack with paper sleeves. When the Simpsons did this, I scratched several discs on the first removal and quit buying that series. I would not have bought these if I'd taken the time to find out. I haven't removed the discs yet and I'll probably buy new cases for them before I do.
on August 7, 2015
Movies are great, but it's really really hard to get the disks out of the case! The disks are kept in cardboard sieves as part of the set, and I really have to yank the disk with a lot of force to pull them out; I fear the disks will crack or get scratched easily because of this.
on June 5, 2013
I bought this set back in December. I finally got a chance over the very cold and wet Memorial Day weekend to decide to watch the set. I opened the package pulled out the 1st disc popped it in the player and guess what, not Raider's of the Lost Ark. Instead it was Temple of the Doom. They had sent 2 Temple of the Doom. I then contacted Amazon about the issue and just as I figured it was a waste of time. I will never ever assume that just because it is a boxed set that it is what it is supposed to be.
on July 29, 2015
Worst Blu-ray movie I have ever seen. I have read a few five star ratings and I don't believe they were written by consumers.
Don't buy the box set of the Blu-ray movies; they are absolutely terrible.
I wanted to see the movies in Blu-ray because I enjoyed the movies very much, but they are a big disappointment .