Most authors are so delighted to see their name in print (or digital print) that they breath a sigh of relief when their book has been published.

A common question I am asked by authors is "How do I increase sales of my book?".

Published 23 months ago by Krishna De

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review
Published 22 months ago by Trish

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful primer for new authors who want to use digital marketing to promote their book, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Indie Author Book Marketing Success: Proven 5-Star Marketing Techniques from Successful Authors and Book Marketing Experts (Kindle Edition)

This new book is an ideal primer if you are an independent (self published) author and are looking for tips to use digital marketing to help you promote your book whether it is a physical book or a digital book.

It has been edited by Shelley Hitz and Heather Hart and brings together tips from a number of self published authors including advice about how to set up an author website, search engine optimisation, pre-selling your book on Amazon, Kindle keywords, virtual book tours and implementing group promotions.

If you are a new author and not confident in digital marketing you will find the book a helpful read.

I was fortunate to be given a free copy of Indie Author Book Marketing Success: Proven 5-Star Marketing Techniques from Successful Authors and Book Marketing Experts to review during the launch month for the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars treasure trove of creative marketing strategies, February 18, 2013
Indie Author Book Marketing Success is a remarkable resource for those of us who are self-publishing and for those considering this path. Fourteen authors share the methods they use for marketing, each one filling a chapter with how-to treasures that include such topics as Frugal Marketing, SEO, Group Promotions, and Kindle Keywords.

Whether you are considering the idea of independently publishing a first book or you have been pursuing your passion in this arena for years, Indie offers creative strategies to support successful results.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review, February 17, 2013
Excellent for pre-publication newbies who haven't ever done marketing. Lots of mention about prepping before release. Limited information on what to do after publication. Also, I was concerned with the level of detail on some entries. This is a collaboration, and some of the authors indicated that a particular task should be completed, but gave limited information on how to get started. For example, the blog/wordpress was very informative on detail- who/what/where/when/how, but how do I build a mailing list of people who aren't friends/family? How do I get connected to "bigger networks"? Who are the "bigger networks"?

5.0 out of 5 stars 5-Star Marketing Techniques, February 14, 2013
Fourteen indie authors and marketing experts share their marketing tips/successes that you can learn from and apply those techniques to your own book marketing efforts. I really liked how each person shared something different. This book has so much value. I'm looking forward to implementing these marketing strategies in my own book promotions. Very pleased that I received a free advanced copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Boat That Left Without Me..., May 6, 2013
Lilly Maytree (Aboard the GLORY B.) - See all my reviews
Imagine my shock to discover (after the big day finally arrived when my first book was published), that most of my marketing opportunities were already over. Over? I hadn't even seen them pass by! From that time forward, I was swamped with a deluge of missed opportunities, sold-out tickets, and vital activities I didn't even know the meaning of. Not to mention being technically challenged. Like having a beautiful website (you have to get one of those), except that none of the social network buttons went anywhere, on mine, because I didn't know how to connect them.

So, why am I telling you all this?

Because I just finished reading:

INDIE AUTHOR BOOK MARKETING SUCCESS: Proven 5-Star Marketing Techniques From Successful Authors and Book Marketing Experts by Shelley Hitz and Heather Hart.

And I'll tell you something. If this book had been available when I was wasting all that time waiting for my "book to launch" things would have been a whole lot different for me. Seriously. For the simple reason this book doesn't just tell you what to do, but exactly how to do it. Without a lot of vague terms that leave you wondering things like if a blog blitz is something you eat, or something you do. The thing is, there are a lot of other books out there you can find the same information in.

So, what's the big deal about this one?

Well, I'll tell you. It's not all written by the same person. Each chapter of INDIE AUTHOR BOOK MARKETING SUCCESS is written by someone who is already a success in their particular specialty. Many of whom tell you exactly how they did it, in very definite terms, and step-by-step descriptions. Fourteen successful people who have been chosen to share their particular strong points.

When I read a "how to" book, I'm usually pretty happy if I come away with even one useful thing that I can add to my own knowledge base (that collection of things that actually make a difference for me). Mostly because it's unusual to find many people who are an expert on everything. INDIE AUTHOR BOOK MARKETING SUCCESS is a collection of experts. All sharing their strongest points. So, I didn't just come away with something useful, this time, I came away with a whole personal marketing plan. One that I can understand and see myself using for a long time to come. To me, that's priceless.

Which is why I can recommend it to anyone who finds marketing as mysterious as I do. Oh, and when the next book of mine comes out, I can guarantee I won't miss that marketing "launch," again. Because I got my reservations in early, this time. And my tickets? Already have them in hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MARKETING BOOK FROM AUTHORS WHO TRIED THEIR METHODS AND SOLD THOUSANDS, March 2, 2013
REVIEW
Indie Author Book Marketing Success:
Proven 5 Star Marketing Techniques From Successful Authors & Book Marketing Experts

EVERY independent writer who wants to sell books needs Indie Author Book Marketing Success. Scan down the list of authors and you'll see names of writers who have sold mind boggling numbers of books.
I am familiar with the wonderful marketing advice of Heather Hart, Shelley Hitz, Staci Stallings and Karen Baney. I think all have been my blog guests promoting their five-star rated books.
These women taught me about everything I know about getting books before buyers in today's market, and closing the deal. Now I don't even have to pick the minds of these experts--they just share the secrets of how their books became best sellers and tell us how to do it.
There is so much experience and knowledge in this volume it will take me months to try all the ideas and techniques. I started with Chapter 9, "Group Promotions," and immediately created a newsletter and group emails. I sent so many, my e-mail provider told me I maxed out my daily allotment. But I finally sent them all.
Now I'm making notes on other chapters and launching into serious study and putting into practice what I learn.
If you want to sell an Indie book, buy Indie Author Book Marketing Success. It will be one of the smartest things you've done for your calling and writing career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overwhelmingly Helpful!, February 3, 2013
This book is absolutely chock-full of information. For a non-marketing type of author like myself, this book is gold. There is no way I will ever be able to implement all the strategies in this book... but I don't need to! There are so many different ideas here, I can choose which ones apply to my particulars (and to my preferences).

Whether you are a new author looking to set up a website or a published author looking to learn from others, this book has information for you. I especially appreciate Eric's chapter on Amazon Advantage and his to-do check list.

Thanks to all the authors who contributed to this little gem.

Note: I received a free review copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Compendium of Book Marketing Ideas, February 7, 2013
Shelley Hitz and Heather Hart have compiled a compendium on indie book marketing. Sixteen successful authors share their expertise, encompassing all aspects of the subject from free marketing techniques to the advantages of paid advertisements.

The frank discussions provide easy to follow directions to implement their wisdom. The work even contains links to both the authors' as well as other helpful sites that any indie author will find extremely useful in marketing their own works.

I found several suggestions that I intend to add to my marketing plan to improve its effectiveness. I highly recommend this book.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review of its contents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proven Book Marketing Techniques, February 10, 2013
As a fairly new indie author, I try to read all I can about the business of promoting my self-published books. What I love about this book is that multiple contributors weigh in on their areas of expertise. And they are all movers and shakers in the indie book world. These are people you will want to follow on Twitter and Facebook. Speaking of Twitter, I particularly liked the chapter on how to use Twitter for book promotion and was able to use several tips from that chapter immediately. This is a book I will refer back to as needed and recommend to new and aspiring indie writers.
Please note: I received a free advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for indie and traditional authors, February 7, 2013
May not be for a beginning author, but having said that I know I would have read this back then. I'm the kind of person that wants to know everything when I get started--no harm in that.

I'm not an indie author but I found a piece of gold in each chapter that I can apply to marketing a traditional book.

Staci Stallings list of hashtags is worth the price of this book.

Face it even traditional authors are responsible for so much marketing this book is a huge help.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›