Indigo Dreams is a 60-minute relaxation audio book designed to entertain your child while introducing them to relaxation and stress management techniques. Four unique bedtime or naptime stories incorporate breathing, visualizations, progressive muscle relaxation, and affirmations. These are the same self-calming techniques recommended for adults but presented in a fun, interactive format that appeals to children. Children follow the characters along as they learn diaphragmatic breathing with A Boy and a Bear, make positive statements with The Affirmation Web, visualize with A Boy and a Turtle, and use progressive muscle relaxation with The Goodnight Caterpillar. All four of these stories are also available as mp3 downloads, paperbacks, and eBooks.
Indigo Dream s shorter stories are perfect for shorter attention spans and beginners. The story lengths range from 6 to 10 minutes. Each story introduces a different relaxation technique that children can use to relax, self-soothe, build self-esteem, and improve sleep. Female narration is accompanied by soothing sounds of crickets, gentle breezes, and forest animals. An additional 30-minute music sound track is included to further enhance your child s relaxation experience.
Note to Parent: Every child has a different emotional maturity, attention span, and need. While the stories are best suited for ages 4-9, do not let this be your primary reason for selecting. I recommend the Indigo Dreams stories for children with shorter attention spans and as an introduction to stress reducing techniques. The story lengths range from 6-10 minutes. You know your child best and remember this is not about the reading level. The focus is on the actual techniques. Even adults can learn the techniques within these stories if they will allow themselves to enjoy a playful format.
The Relaxation Techniques found in these stories can help children:
* Decrease phobias, fears, night terrors, worries
* Deal with changes, transitions (divorce, death, relocating, family member in military, having a sibling with special needs, health challenges)
* Fall asleep peacefully and quickly * Have a more restful sleep
* Decrease moodiness, irritability * Increase creativity
* Increase positive attitude * Increase social skills
* Increase self-belief * Increase test scores
* Have greater attendance * Visit doctor less
* Manage pain during and after medical procedures and treatments
* Manage anxiety associated with hospital stays and treatments
* Sleep better when traveling, time changes, hotels, airplanes
* Self-soothe * Increase ability to focus and concentrate
* Recover from PTSD, Abuse, Neglect, Trauma * Decrease anger
* Mental Health Challenges, Depression, Bi-Polar, Anxiety Disorders
* Special Needs, Autism, Asperger, OCD, ADD, ADHD, SPD