Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

• Customer Reviews

on May 27, 2011
I bought my Indo board after using a friends for a few weeks. She had been teaching me to surf and we were using it to work on our balance. However, after using it for a couple weeks I found that my legs were getting stronger and my normal balance was also a lot better. I decided to buy one of my own and incorporate it into my regular work outs. Here are some of the pro's and cons of the item in case you are thinking about buying one yourself:

PRO

Very sturdy - The board, the cylinder, and the cushion are all made out of solid materials and feel like they can take lots of abuse. My friend is a life long surfer and she has had hers for a decade or so.

Challenging - With the "beginner" cylinder and the "advanced" cushion you are offered two main levels of difficulty but since balance is just the start of the Indo Boards usefulness the actual difficulty can be almost limitless. As soon as I was able to stand for several minutes at a time on the cylinder I began to come up with more challenging things for me to do such as squats, moving my feet and eventually tricks. Also, the cushion is manually filled so that it can be "set" to many different levels and since it adds a whole new dimension to the balance itself this means that you could spend years on the Indo Board and if your creative enough you will never run out of new things to do. For example one of my friends likes to stand on one end of the board while it's on the cylinder "hanging ten" style and balance that way. I don't have the balance for that yet. ;-)

Usefulness - This is almost a must have for surfers, snowboarders, skateboarders and the like. It's balance training will definitely step your game up but the thing that I discovered is that if you do even basic exercises such as squats(legs), sun-gods(shoulders), and even push-ups(whole upper body) you can also maximize those workouts. The balancing adds just that much more challenge and works out some completely different muscles than I am used to, which is great for working out.

Ease - Very easy to use and learn. Can be stored just about anywhere.

Cons(these are minor but they may dissuade someone from buying so I am going to list them)

Space - you need a good amount of open floor space at least 6x6 but 8x8 is better. Also, be sure to keep pets out of the space as you don't want to accidentally hit them if you lose your balance, which will happen.

Injury - I haven't hurt myself but I can see that it would be very easy to do so. Nothing more than a skateboard but precautions such as padded floors are advised. NOTE: This board is great on low carpet.

Overall I would say this is a great product and while I wouldn't list it as a "toy" it can be used by people as young as 13 independently and under that with supervision with very little risk of major injury and plenty of fun for all ages!
on January 6, 2006
I dislike conventional, boring exercise equipment (e.g., treadmill, weight sets, etc.). Unlike the aforementioned, the Indo Board is very fun and addictive. I added upper body to my Indo Board workout by including a weighted workout bar and dumbles as well (as is suggested in the accompanying DVD).

VERY FUN, VERY EFFECTIVE, CHEAP AT TWICE THE PRICE!

I subsequently bought the Indo Board Pro, a larger, more challenging board, but I still use my Original Indo as well. As is suggested by the Manufacturer, definately learn on this board and move on to other boards after mastering the basics.
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2011
Recommended by a friend, I decided to try this out to keep in shape for snowsports (Okay - it was more like to get in shape for the snow season). I definitely recommend working on your balance with the board with the cushion first then moving onto the roller. I actually set everything up with a barstool to help me get started initially. The package comes with a DVD, but there are also tons of instructional videos online. I highly recommend this for someone working on strengthening legs and core muscles.
on September 12, 2009
I'm 29 years old and am very out of shape and overweight. I always wanted to try one, so I bought it. I picked it up fast and try doing it for a half hour or so. It builds up leg strength, gets the blood flowing through your body, and is just fun. Anyway, it's not just for kids, skaters or surfers. It just takes a little practice, just don't crack your skull.
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2008
My whole family loves this thing. From my dad, 44, to my little brother, 9. It took as all only a few moments to figure out how it works, and now we mess around on it everyday. I even do it while I'm watching tv. I can instantly see how it's improved my balance. I seen some people wipe out on it, so keep it slow. But i've also seen people do some amazing tricks, so keep it up! I definitely reccomend it :)
on May 29, 2009
Great product!!! I recommend this to anyone wanting a fun and different way to exercise and achieve better balance! Use it outside in the grass at first until you get more used to it because you WILL fall off and lose your balance in the beginning. It was well worth the money!
0Comment14 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2009
I bought the indo board for my daughter for Christmas. She is 10 and loves it! In a very short time she was swishing side to side with ease. Great fun for the entire family, though mind yourself, my husband took a nasty spill. If you move too quickly side to side you can easily loose control and wipe out. We keep it on a carpeted surface which seems to keep speed more controllable.
on January 7, 2014
I use the indo board just about every day. It took me a while to get aquanted enough, and skilled enough, and now I've really can stay balanced for a while without any assistance (the sofa nearby). This is awesome for improving your Snowboarding balance and skills, I've noticed already and I've been out only 3 times this year.
on October 9, 2008
I got this for my 7 (almost 8)year old son to help w/ sports,balance,etc....WOW, he just got right on and did awesome. We have contests and he can stay on for up to 4 minutes!!! I cant wait to get him up skiing again this year, I think it will be a great asset!!
on October 11, 2010
The indo board is a great way to develop your sense of balance. It's also fun to use. The instructional DVD wasn't very helpful -- it could have provided some more drills -- but there are a lot of Youtube videos that can give you ideas.