Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 27, 2011
If you want to really know what is being taught to your children in public schools that is....
Not for someone that wants to stick their head in the sand and pretend that "their school is a good school"..
Well done, thought provoking, funny - all parents should watch this movie.
66 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2012
This movie is a fabulous overview of the state of the current public school system, the history of tradition education, and the biblical mandate for training up children. Great work Mr. Gunn! I would highly recommend this movie to anyone, parent or not.
on December 2, 2011
This is a film that exposes the government schools for their unconstitutional stand to remove God from said schools and to teach children anything but the truth about where they came from and why we learn. It is well done, serious and funny, and a must watch. Highly recommended.
88 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2012
This film will make you think about the influence of the state over your child. The film makes a very compelling argument for home schooling. The filmmaking technique is subpar, yet somehow it works despite poor audio at times, one camera and poor picture quality. This isn't a "smoking gun" film but that is what makes it work. Most Christian themed films whack you over the head with their beliefs and this one did not, making it more compelling. Recommended rental or purchase and re-gift.
on June 14, 2012
I purchased this even though my wife and I have already decided to homeschool (my children are 4,2, and newborn). I have read all the stories about the outrageous things that happen in public schools, and I am familiar with the overall education that public school children receive. I thought it would be a rehash of the liberal agenda, bullying, sex ed, et cetra. It wasnt. It was a look at schooling from a Christian viewpoint, and how no matter how we try to 'fix' public schools it isnt possible. We have chased Jesus Christ out of our schools and are suprised by what they have become. The education truly is secondary to mind control and conditioning. The schoolteacher from NC and the father of the Columbine student were absolutely convicting. If you have children, watch this movie!
on May 2, 2012
This is one of the best video documentaries I've seen in a long time as Colin Gunn does a thorough job exposing the public education system for what it is. It truly is a pagan environment that our children are being placed in when they enter the public schools and most parents have no clue how much their children are being negatively programmed in the process. And for some reason, the real truth of what happens behind closed doors in the class rooms has managed to escape public scrutiny.
Parents are under the mistaken impression that THEIR child's school is 'different' and that bad stuff only happens in those 'other' schools. But they are NOT being told what is happening inside the classrooms. They believe their child tells them what's going on but that is a mistaken impression and should not be overlooked if they care about the well being of their child.
This documentary left me wanting to yell out to every parent with children, urging them to pull them out of public schools and either home school or send them to private or Christian church schools.
If I had young children I would do everything in my power to see that they escaped the indoctrination of the public school system as it made me cringe watching the truth unfold in this well made documentary.
This indoctrination is stealing our children's minds and there needs to be a mass exodus from the public school system in order to take them back and under the authority and guidance of their parents where it should be.
on January 28, 2012
I was impressed the first time seeing this documentary. It is professionaly done and really shows the decline of the public (government) schools in America. Before any parent sends their child or children off to a government school, you should see this film. This film also serves as a wakeup call to the private schools to clean up their acts as well.
on April 13, 2012
Indoctrination was an insightful view of the problems with the American public school system, presented by a homeschooling father as he travels around the country in a big yellow bus speaking with various folks such as educators, theologians and experts on problems with the public school system. I can see how this content could definitely rub some people the wrong way, particularly Christians who have no problem with sending their children to the state school. My only observation about this would be that it seemed as if the film could be tightened just a little bit more, to really hone in specifically on the Christian with children in the public school (at times, the content did seem to meander a little.) And unless I missed it, I don't think the video addressed those difficult situations of Christian single parents for whom, due to financial constraints, the public schools really prove to be the only option. It would have been interesting to see the video touch a little bit deeper on topics such as this.
VINE VOICEon October 19, 2012
The documentary involves Colin Gunn, a homeschooling dad who hails from Scotland, loading his family up on a schoolbus and going around the country to talk to all kinds of people. Some are well-known in homeschooling circles, like John Taylor Gatto, Ken Ham, and Voddie Baucham. As a homeschooler for the past dozen years, they really didn't say anything I haven't heard before.

For me, it was the stories told by regular people that hit me. A very popular elementary school teacher. A recent graduate of a highly rated public school. Another teacher. A regular working-man type of dad. A school principal. People who DO know what is going on in the schools.

The main message of the documentary is basically that as Christians, we have to get our kids out of the public school system. That's a message that makes me squirm. I mean, we have made the decision to homeschool, but I struggle enough with my family, you know? I'm not sure that I'm capable of making any kind of recommendation about schooling choices to anyone else.

But one thing I do feel comfortable saying is: "You have to be aware." I think this documentary can really, really make you think. To think long and hard about what the real situation is for our kids in the schools.

I know, the tendency is to believe that these things are not happening here. People just northwest of me, up in Denver, believed that. It's been over a decade since Columbine, but the last few months have been challenging. The movie theater shooting in Aurora this summer. The abduction of a sweet 10 year old girl just this past week.

For me, these drive home the point that horrible things are happening in my community.

The DVD runs just 102 minutes, and honestly I think every Christian parent should see it.

Disclaimer: I received this materials for free from New Leaf Publishing Group as part of the Moms of Master Books program. No other compensation was received. The fact that I received a complimentary product does not guarantee a favorable review.
on February 14, 2012
This documentary is of superb quality. I love how the producer intertwines the history of public school together with the story of the used bus he bought off Craigslist. The Scottish accent is great and he has an awesome sense of humor. There are many great guests in this film, including my favorite, John Taylor Gatto. (For those interested in the history of public school in America, read Gatto's "The Underground History of American Education," and "Weapons of Mass Instruction; you can also find Gatto on YouTube.) I bought Indoctrination along with another Gunn film about media's affect on children, Captivated. I gave both five-star ratings, but enjoyed this film more. Indoctrination is hard-hitting, speaks truth to power, and from my own research on the subject matter, is factually correct.

This film is a must-see for all Christians. If you know a Christian who has their kids in public school, buy this documentary for them as soon as you finish reading this review. People who follow Jesus and believe the Bible need to know that, once they subject their children to government-run schools, they are playing Russian Roulette with their childrens' souls; but when it comes to public school, there are numerous chambers and only one of them is empty. This documentary points out what believers innately believe: if you send your children to public school, the odds of them being corrupted by the world far outweigh the odds of them converting worldly kids to Christ. How many public school kids do you know that got saved from the testimony of a Christian classmate? One? Two? But we all know scores of Christian children who fell into drugs, alcohol, sex, violence and atheism.

The way I see it, Christians are afraid to pull their children out of public school for two reasons: 1.) they are afraid that they are not smart enough to teach their kids, and 2.) they mistakenly believe they can't afford it.

1.) As this film points out, public school kids are not learning anything. My wife and I have four college degrees between us, and I am finishing up another this year. When I look around at my fellow students, I am shocked about how little college kids know these days. Clearly, they are learning very little in public school. Do not take my word for it. I challenge you to enroll in one freshmen class at the university or community college nearest to you. You will discover that 1.) the material is easy and dumbed-down and 2.) 95% of the students are dumb as rocks. I am not trying to be mean here--these are just the hard, cold facts. Once you see how easy college is, it will boost your confidence that you can teach your kids better than the public schools are teaching everyone else's.

2.) Everybody can afford to homeschool. Again, I am not trying to be mean here, just brutally honest. The reason people can't afford to homeschool is because they value material goods over their childrens' well being. Homeschooling requires a situation where one parent does not work. Unfortunately, these days two parents have to work because they choose to pay for a mortgage on a house and keep up on payments on two new vehicles. The bottom-line is that they covet houses and cars that are out of their price range. They could afford to live on one parent's income if they rented a trailer or apartment, bought used cars, and did not eat out everyday. So what is it going to be parents? Getting in debt for material junk so that you both have to work? Or living a simpler lifestyle so that you can protect your children from the horrors of government schools?