Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on September 11, 2013
This is a great tripod. I hike a lot and this one survived 3 climbs already. I'm not that careful with my tripods as I just hang them outside of my bag on climbs and this one is pretty sturdy. A little heavy but I will take that extra weight any day for for its durability.
on September 15, 2012
I was looking for an affordable, stable and easy to carry tripod and I found the review from Eric Leslie about Induro AKB tripod kits. The looked for same things and bought this tripod.
After reading other reviews I decided to buy an AKB1 and I do not regret.
It is really stable and lightweight. It remains stable with my Canon 40D + GRIP (2 batteries) + Canon 24-70 2.8 and a 580EX on it.
The included ball head is very easy to use and adjust but let's keep it clear: It cannot tilt nor pan. It was designed for still photography.
And the price, well, it says for itself.
on December 16, 2013
Recommended by a friend, i am just getting into photography and he found this model for me and immediately went on amazon for it and it arrived today. Very pleased with its abilities.
on July 20, 2010
This was my first real tripod. The legs are made of aluminum and the spider where the legs attach are made of a magnesium alloy which make it really steady. I'm giving it 4 stars because I think the ball head can be improved. The ball head will creep slightly on initial lock but you just need to focus higher to compensate for it. Other than that it's steady. If you want a ballhead that doesn't creep then expect to pay more than what this tripod cost just for the head alone. I've used my Canon 40D w/ grip 17-40L f4 lens and a Pentax iST DL w/ 70-210f4 lens with no major issues.
on November 7, 2014
Quality construction at an affordable price. I would recommend this tripod to anyone, without reservation.
on May 10, 2013
It works. Does what it says on the label. Why do I need to type more works.

Does its job.
on July 21, 2015
Great product
on July 21, 2012
This tripod is perfect for it's price range. It is sturdy and stable! The hook to hand some weight it definatly a plus!
on January 2, 2010
i bought this tripod just today from a local camera store. the rep showed an interesting feature of the legs. Each leg can be moved independent of the other legs up and down to increase the base of support. this can come very handy on uneven surfaces. havent tried it yet in real world situation, but might work well. Another big difference between the generic 40 $ tripod and this one is that the three legs are not connected to the center pole which means each leg can move independently. also to further increase the height of the tripod, the center pole can raised. u dont have to crank it up. all u have to do is unscrew and lift. the reason why it is important is that the crank handle is made of cheap plastic and can break (i know this cos the rep in the store found a broken piece of plastic handle identical to the crank handle on a different tripod. and lastly the ball mechanism is very smooth. but i think it can become loose with use and might need to be replaced. i will know only after i use it more as how long the ball mechanism lasts. for an amateur photographer like me, i thought this was a little expensive, but i justified the purchase hoping that it might be a lifetime purchase(with sparing use of the tripod) and dont have to keep replacing the cheaper 40 $ which might break. so all in all it feels like a well built sturdy tripod and worth the 160 $. so no more precarious positioning of the DSLR for group photos and hopefully some nice landscape pics. enjoy
best
kotuk
on December 17, 2011
I replaced this gear from a manfrotto last year. When I got Canon 5D and 70-200 zoom I feel the Manfrotto low grade tripod is somewhat slim. The Induro's first impression was pretty sturdy and
rough. After 1 and half years of enthusiastic outdoor job, unfortunately it showed a little fatigue on the legs.
When I opened the knob the leg doesn't extended. It makes me frustrated. I tried and tried to forced it out and one day it sticks inside the tube and doesn't retrieve. Today I carry it on my backpack half extended. My wife laugh at me but I will keep it when I get a Gitzo.
We all know that the Tripod is import than the expensive body and lens. So think twice before you buy the items not recommended by the users.