5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - Very Tasty
Wow !! This is the most delicious cinnamon I have ever tasted.

There are two types of cinnamon - Cassia (Cinnamomum aromaticum, found in most supermarkets) and Ceylon ( Cinnamomum verum - also called true cinnamon).

This is Organic Ceylon (True) Cinnamon which is tastier, of finer texture, and healthier than Cassia.

Great for flavoring...
Published on February 7, 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars For health purposes consider the alternatives
If you're looking to use cinnamon as a *health supplement* I hope this review will help. I've been on a fitness regimen for a couple years and became interested in cinnamon because of Tim Ferriss' book The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman.

On pages 144-145 Tim recommends Saigon cinnamon, followed by...
Published on April 25, 2011 by Kent Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars For health purposes consider the alternatives, April 25, 2011
This review is from: Indus Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder, 1 Lb Jar, Premium Grade, Freshly Packed in New Ergonomic Design (Grocery)

On pages 144-145 Tim recommends Saigon cinnamon, followed by Cassia *because* they contain the highest amount of "coumarin", a blood thinning drug that also affects blood sugar. This can be dangerous in high doses and Tim recommends taking no more than 1.5 teaspoons per day. Note that those types of cinnamon are regulated in Europe for the same reason.

For three months I used Saigon Cinnamon 7oz.. I purchased this at a "big box" store for about $6, however it is no longer available locally. The taste is quite intense and *super* "cinnamon-y". I used a teaspoon in my coffee every day. I feel that it had a positive effect on my metabolism, energy and ability to maintain my weight. When that began to run out I looked for a new source.

I read more (including reviews on Amazon) and wanted to try the Ceylon cinnamon (also called "true cinnamon"), i.e. the product sold here. Ceynon cinnamon has a minute amount of coumarin and is seen as entirely safe.

Indus Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder Spice Pack, (1 lb) was the best buy in terms of price and customer satisfaction. It cost about twice as much as the Saigon cinnamon I've been using but it is organic and Fair Trade Certified. Delivery was super fast.

The product is definitely more subtle than the Saigon variety in both smell and taste. I prefer the intensity of the Saigon variety, but that's a personal thing. This Ceylon variety has a bit of a "piney" scent and taste, especially in coffee. It's sweetening effect in coffee is far less noticeable than the Saigon variety.

This Ceylon variety is ground *extremely* fine -- it's almost like talcum powder. Keep in mind that cinnamon is a wood-like substance and when you grind wood you get sawdust. In coffee this Ceylon variety is much less pleasant because it sinks to the bottom in greater quantities and it also feels scratchier on my throat. Compared to the Saigon I was using, there's about twice as much residue left when I'm done drinking. All this may just be due to the fineness of the grind.

I will be switching back to the Saigon variety for medical, taste and texture reasons. But for the Ceylon variety this was the best product I found, it is certified organic and they deliver their product very fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - Very Tasty, February 7, 2010
Wow !! This is the most delicious cinnamon I have ever tasted.

Great for flavoring tea, yogurt, etc. or for medicinal anti-inflammatory treatment.

This is three 2 ounce packages - but is also offered in one six ounce package. Amazon should stock this item!

4.0 out of 5 stars Subtle and spicy ground Ceylon Cinnamon, April 19, 2012
I ordered the Indus Organic ground Ceylon Cinnamon because a knowledgeable friend informed me that the Cinnamon we Americans use is actually not true cinnamon, but Cassia, a cousin of Cinnamon that has VERY different chemical properties. When I found out that the blood-thinning potential of Cassia is over one thousand times as potent as true Ceylon Cinnamon, I was determined to sample the Ceylon Cinnamon and see how I liked it. I have always found Cassia very bitter and overbearing, so I was hopin Ceylon Cinnamon would be a milder version of Cassia taste-wise. I must say I was surprised by the taste...it does have a hint of what my palette is used to in the "cinnamon" arena, but there is also a scent of bay laurel or something else rather herbal about it. It is not unpleasant, but it doesn't taste like Cassia! I am enjoying it on its own merits. I like to sprinkle a good amount in an empty mug and add hot water and a little milk for a lovely nigthttime beverage!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Cinnamon, July 21, 2011
Max Headroom (Midpines, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Very fine organic Ceylon Cinnamon. Not as aromatic as the Vietnamese variety, but has more health benefits. I mix a teaspoon of this w/ 1t turmeric, 1/2t cayenne, 1T of black strap molasses (all organic) with plain low fat yogurt for a heart-healthy, high-protein breakfast. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious cinnamon, September 1, 2009
This is really a very high quality cinnamon. Good consistency, strong flavor, evenly ground. Because it's organic (protects the environment) and from Ceylon (which apparently is of much higher quality and better for your health than from other locales) I will only buy this. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars How To Enjoy Ceylon Cinnamon, June 16, 2012
If you are reading reviews on Ceylon Cinnamon, more than likely you are into healthy living. I agree with most of the reviews on this site concerning this product's pros and cons so there is no need to repeat anything.

I enjoy this cinnamon by taking 2 slices of frozen quality bread from the freezer and spreading creamed honey (the hard, off-white kind) on the open-face bread because this way the frozen bread isn't smashed by the hard honey. Pop the bread into the microwave for 20 second, and then sprinkle a thick coat of cinnamon and spread with a knife. This way the cinnamon combines with the honey. Taken with a good cup of coffee, you'll find that all the flavors and aromas come together into a pleasing healthy snack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cinnamon!, October 31, 2009
Christina DV (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This cinnamon is so much better than the kind I've always bought in the supermarket. The taste is delicate, not too sweet, and the fine texture mixes well. For those who supplement with cinnamon, this variety is better than the more common cassia variety, which has a blood thinning quality when taken in large doses. The cost for this product is a great deal and the company shipped very quickly. Will buy again. 5 stars!

3.0 out of 5 stars Indus Ceylon Cinnamon, November 30, 2011
I was disappointed with the Indus Ceylon Cinnamon. It was too grainy and not flavorful to my taste. Indus was very responsive to my reaction and sent me a refund. It makes me feel good about trying some of their other products.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Cinnamon, October 8, 2009
I received the Real Cinnamon today! It is really great. It has a sweet aroma and a noticeably better and milder flavor than the cassia variety. I ordered this variety for health reasons although I will use it in cooking as well. Cinnamon is known to have therapeutic properties and can act as an anti-inflammatory. My acupuncturist has recommended that I take 1 tsp 2 x's a day with
honey (I'm taking it with agave nectar). I have read that this variety of cinnamon (True Cinnamon)
is much safer to take for these purposes and is a superior product from what is sold at the local super markets.
I am extremely pleased with the products quality. Indus Organics delivered the cinnamon in a timely manner as well. I will most likely order this product from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Cinnamon Powder, December 30, 2011
Adara (Delray Beach, FL, US) - See all my reviews
Indus Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder has been a must-have for me from the very first time I tasted it. Forget about the adulterated, irradiated cinnamon powder that lines the shelves in the supermarket. After having done my own extensive research I discovered that organic Ceylon cinnamon is by far the best. Of all the varieties of cinnamon Ceylon cinnamon is the one that provides health benefits. I was happy and relieved to discover Indus organic Ceylon cinnamon powder here at Amazon. It is certified organic plus the flavor is exceptional. I enjoy it with my favorite snack of 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, fruit and nuts. To that combination I add 1 1/2 teaspoons of this product. It tastes absolutely delicious! It adds a subtle sweetness without the calories, of course, and is much better for you than artificial sweeteners. Experiment to find out how much or how little cinnamon you may require on your sweet potatoes, apples, winter squash, etc. For example 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder is just the right amount to sprinkle over one sliced apple. Also it is great in recipes in which cinnamon is an ingredient. Additionally, each packet lasts for a long time while it maintains freshness. I am a loyal customer of Indus and highly recommend the Indus Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder. Enjoy!