|Item Weight||1.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||0.7 x 0.7 x 2.7 inches|
|Item model number||NCR-18650A-ORB|
|Batteries||2 Lithium ion batteries required.|
|Item Package Quantity||2|
TWO PROTECTED 3100mAh 18650 (Industrial NCR18650A Panasonic Cell inside) Li-ion Rechargeable Orbtronic Battery Cells- DUAL Protection, Button Top, PCB- High Performance
|Price:||$27.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Unlike other protected 18650 batteries that will cut off all power at only 4 Amps, Orbtronic protected 18650 batteries will provide power at currents much higher than 4 Amps (Seiko 10A protection cutoff), and let you use your high power flashlight without any interruption. Will power up:Fenix, Nitecore, Thrunite, Olight, ... with easy.
- Cell Made in Japan. Made by Panasonic. Protection circuit made by Seiko. Industrial stress resistant battery cells inside. Made to last. Panasonic NCR18650A 3100mAh (REAL capacity - see discharging test-chart above)
- 500 cycles. 5 years storage life. 3100mAh ( REAL capacity tested is OVER 3200mAh), 3.7V, Li-ion, 18650 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Cells
- Industrial NCR18650A 3100mAh cell that is used for this protected 18650 cell is based on new NNP technology that provides energy density of astonishing 675 Wh/L . At the same time Heat Resistant Layer technology makes this cell very safe to use.
- NOT FOR E-CIG MODS- FOR FLASHLIGHTS ONLY! Protection circuit will cut off at 10A (Over current protection), at 2.5V (Over discharge protection), and 4.35V (Over charge protection). Double short circuit protection, Overheat protection. Orbtronic 18650 Li-ion cell is very safe to operate with built in - Internal, and External Electronic Protection. NOT for E-cig mods.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Charge fully Before first use. These are NOT AA batteries. These batteries are NOT for e-cig mods. -Never use force to install (insert) li-ion battery. -Use only high quality Li-ion battery chargers. -Do not expose to heat. -Do not charge unattended. -Do not store your li-ion batteries fully charged (for extended period of time). -Store in cold and dry place at approximately 3.7V (storage charge). -Never try to charge li-ion batteries with batt. chargers (or any other device) that are not made for Li-ion 18650 batteries.It must be 4.2V CC/CV 18650 li-ion battery charger. -Do not try to open, solder,or modify this battery.
Top Customer Reviews
* over current protection - 8 Ampere cut off
* over discharge protection - stops working when the voltage reaches a minimum of 2.5 VDC to protect the battery
* over charge protection - stops charging when it reaches 4.2 VDC
* double short circuit protection
* over heat protection
* A heat resistant layer to make this power cell safer to use
My purchase came to me charged at 3.61 VDC. I charged them with the Xtar WP2 II Smart Charger set at a 1 Ampere charge rate. You can see my video review of that product at this location, just scroll through the reviews until you find my review.
18650 Smart Li-ion Charger and Two 3100mAh PROTECTED Orbtronic (Panasonic NCR18650A cell inside) Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Batteries Kit (NEW Version)
Using a good LI-ion charger is a key to protecting your investment and assuring that the batteries are charged properly and maintained to maximize their life cycle. Here is the charging data for the batteries:
* Starting voltage both at 3.61 VDC
* At one hour they were at 3.91 VDC
* At two hours they we at 4.12 VDC
* At 3 hours they were fully charged at 4.2 VDC
As you can see the batteries quickly charged and they stopped at the specified 4.2 VDC limit.Read more ›
As the battery voltage dropped from its initial 4.20V to 3.02V, the light output fell from an initial 48 lumens to about 35 lumens, which is still more than enough to walk around in a dark house or outside on a moonless night. How long did it take this battery, in this flashlight, to make this voltage drop? 72 hours. That's why I like the XML T6 LEDs. Their dim mode is just about perfect.
Test Flashlight: Romisen RC-E4, XML T6 LED.
Low Intensity Setting, 48 lumens.
Battery: Panasonic Industrial 3100 mAh.
10:00 > 3.91V
16:10 > 3.81V
25:40 > 3.65V
30:30 > 3.60V
32:45 > 3.58V
36:00 > 3.56V
41:00 > 3.52V
47:30 > 3.46V
53:15 > 3.38V
57:45 > 3.33V
61:00 > 3.31V
64:09 > 3.29V
67:10 > 3.23V
72:00 > 3.02V
73:15 > 2.97V
75:50 > 2.55V
If you graph the points, you'll see that the Panasonic Industrial 3100 mAh battery begins its voltage versus time downturn at about 68 hours. At 75 hours, the battery is pooped out. I probably shouldn't have kept it going for the final 50 minutes, but the battery recharged OK and didn't seem harmed by its overuse.
Update: 10/21/12 Battery Voltage after 24 hours of usage is 3.52V. Excellent!
Although I haven't personally done any real testing on these batteries, I trust they will work very well because of the quality cell inside. They both charged up to 4.19v in a few hours in my Tenergy Li-ion charger and lit up my two flashlights with no problems. There are also some very detailed reviews and tests of these batteries floating around on the web that you can consult if you are unsure about purchasing.
Don't waste your time on the super cheap Li-ions everywhere. The price can be tempting, but they typically perform much worse than quality batteries and may even be dangerous to use.
I'd also like to praise the very fast shipping from ORBTRONIC; They shipped the day after ordering and arrived 2 days later.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are about as good as it gets. Great for high drain flashlights!Published 2 months ago by Stephen Ferrell
These batteries work fine but the plastic wrapper peals off after three months of regular use.Published 2 months ago by Marquis
Have several sets of these batteries. They never disappoint always ready and hold a charge for long periods of non use.Published 4 months ago by taz
Been only using this battery for a month in a Led flashlight. So can't give a good review. So far great, 1000 lumen light has had the same battery in for a month with a lot of... Read morePublished 4 months ago by D-in-the-ruff