infamous 2 is a single player, Open World game, exclusive to PlayStation 3. The second chapter in the best selling infamous franchise, this immersive adventure offers a powerful, emotional, and visceral take on being a superhero, and the choices that involves. Features include: a unique blend of electrical and melee combat abilities, epic boss battles, a new morality system allowing for two possible game endings, user generated missions and more.
Will You Save Humanity or Destroy It All?
Cole MacGrath is back, more confident and with more focused energy burst abilities. Blamed for the destruction of Empire City, Cole must make a dramatic journey to discover his full super-powered potential - and face the final confrontation with a dark and terrifying enemy. This being, a creature of pure power and destruction is annihilating the East Coast. To stop this menace, Cole must find the key to unlocking his undiscovered powers hidden deep within New Marais. Standing in the way is a power-hungry dictator that will stop at nothing to rid him from the city. Gain enough power to defeat The Beast or witness the destruction of the world. The power is in your hands.
Cole returns in infamous 2 as a more focused, more dangerous superhero in the making. View larger.
Like its predecessor, infamous 2 is a single player Action-Adventure game set in an Open World game environment. Players take on the role of Cole, the returning anti-hero from the first game. Possessing electric burst abilities through his hands Cole has matured a bit as a superhero type, being more confident and focused in his abilities. He uses these abilities, as well as improved melee possibilities to battle enemies both large and small in mission-based gameplay. Along with combat, choice remains a big part of the game, with an improved morality system that allows for two separate endings to the game, depending on the choices that Cole makes.
User Generated Content
Unlike the original game in the series, infamous 2 contains significant user generated content tools that dramatically expand gameplay possibilities. Centered around a creation tool system, this allows players to create original missions and share them with other players via PlayStation Network. These function more or less as side quests once they are accepted, adding to the player's point total, but not altering the primary mission flow and morality-based aspects of the game.
Key Game Features
- A True Superhero Experience - Discover what it means to be a true superhero with epic boss battles and powerful cinematic sequences
- Advanced Super Powers - Experience being a full-blown superhero with enhanced electrical attacks, a visceral melee fighting system and new superpowers
- An All-new Open Dynamic Gameworld - Explore a vibrant world in the city of New Marais with increased interactivity and destruction using dynamic parkour moves
- New Morality System - All new morality system gives players freedom of choice and leads to 2 different endings
- User Generated Content - Create and share original missions with a built-in tool set that function as side quests