Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Infamous 2 - Playstation 3 forum

Infamous 2 Kmart Offering $20 Gaming Coupon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2011 10:30:06 AM PDT
Mikal says:
Kmart is offering a $20 Gaming Coupon instores. I hope Amazon will add a gaming coupon.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2011 10:47:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2011 10:48:02 AM PDT
Watcher says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 31, 2011 12:09:21 PM PDT
Burningsoul says:
Everyone gets the bonus items and reaper skin. Amazon's only exclusive is the Gold Amp which is the most useless bonus of the four they're offering.

I hope this will get Amazon to match the $20 credit.

Posted on May 31, 2011 12:28:08 PM PDT
FU says:
"Everyone gets the bonus items and reaper skin. Amazon's only exclusive is the Gold Amp which is the most useless bonus of the four they're offering."

I agree, usually this type of DLC I end up selling on ebay because it really doesn't add to my experience. I hope they offer at least a $10 credit. I've noticed that Amazon usually keeps an eye on what Walmart is doing and matches their deals.

Posted on May 31, 2011 12:42:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2011 12:43:03 PM PDT
Killer Day says:
"Since you're getting the gold version of Cole's new electrical weapon, 4 additional bonus in-game items including the exclusive Reaper skin and 3 different Amp variants, Sly's Cane, Caveman Club, Samurai Sword as well as early access to the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer Beta, Amazon figures that covers your bonus which is probably worth around $20 by itself."

I would take a 20 dollar credit over this without blinking an eye. Heck I even would take a 10 dollar credit over it. I could care less about playing a beta when I could potentially take 10-20 dollars off the REAL GAME. And I wouldn't use the skins anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2011 1:30:43 PM PDT
Watcher says:
Oops... I actually didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Posted on May 31, 2011 1:59:20 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
everyone will get the uncharted 3 beta because everyone will get a free month of psn+. plus it's only early access. everyone will get to play they beta even if psn didn't go down & cause sony to offer the psn+.

Posted on May 31, 2011 2:17:28 PM PDT
Chris Rizzle says:
$20 credit, and I'll buy. I'm sure you care.

Posted on May 31, 2011 8:14:25 PM PDT
Tommy H says:
Yep canceling my order here soon if Amazon doesn't compete.

Posted on May 31, 2011 8:59:39 PM PDT
Grimes says:
I'm sure Amazon will add a credit a few days before the game drops.

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 7:21:16 AM PDT
Senor Gato says:
i dont know amazon been dropping the ball on price matching lately, seems like kmart got all the good deals on games lately :|

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 12:09:59 PM PDT
Ya will definitely get it at Kmart unless amazon matches.

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 10:05:27 PM PDT
Kmart is gonna take alot of sales from you Amazon!!!

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 10:51:25 AM PDT
Amazon will quite possibly match this deal on Tuesday, since that's when K-Mart's deal officially begins (it's on in-store sales, not pre-orders).

They did this with L.A. Noire, upping the deal to a $20 bonus credit on release day. Thankfully, they extended this to people who had pre-ordered the game to receive $15 credits by granting these customers an additional $5 in credit. I am certainly HOPEFUL that if Amazon adds a $20 credit to Infamous 2 on release day, that they will grant this bonus credit to pre-order customers, but that is quite the gamble.

Personally, I am planning to cancel my pre-order and wait to see if Amazon matches the deal on Tuesday. If they do, I will order it and receive it on Wednesday. If they do not, I will buy the game from K-Mart.

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 1:38:16 PM PDT
Mikal says:
I plan on waiting to Monday morning to see if Amazon adds a credit, if not I am canceling my pre-order. I have some Kmart gaming coupons I need to use anyways.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2011 2:37:42 PM PDT
Joe P. says:
I hope KMart still does what the did with LA Noire. For those that don't know, KMART was giving out a 20 dollar coupon with that game as well. But the Friday or Saturday before the release, they also added a free 20 dollar game to the mix. So you got LA Noire, a 20 dollar coupon, and a free 20 dollar or under game( my choice was Borderlands). That would be awesome if they did that again

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 4:36:03 PM PDT
Grimes says:
I doubt K*Mart will throw in the $20 game. Seems to me like they were just trying to clean out inventory.

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 5:09:10 PM PDT
Joel Lentz says:
shame k-mart can't compete with the big boys, i'm in the 4th largest city in america and the nearest one is 3 hours away

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 8:33:13 AM PDT
I can't believe they haven't offered this yet!

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 9:09:34 AM PDT
Trainwreck says:
Yeah, I had this pre-ordered for about six months at least, but cancelled it because they aren't coming close to meeting the Kmart deal. $20 credit is MUCH better than a gold skin for my weapon. Considering all new copies of the game come with the Reaper skin and the three weapon skins (club, sword, Sly's hook).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2011 10:36:55 AM PDT
Mikal says:
Well, no luck on Amazon adding any gaming credit, canceled order. I'll pick it up tomorrow morning at Kmart.

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 10:49:13 AM PDT
Jerry says:
Amazon blew it on this one!

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 10:52:33 AM PDT
Come on Amazon! You guys are great about matching these types of offers!

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 3:26:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2011 3:27:19 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
pisses me off that i decided to try and cancel at 7am central time & it says shipping soon (w/ FSSS) so i can't cancel it (they said they cancel request failed). amazon failed sorely on this game. their shipping costs, not mine, lol.

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 3:57:34 PM PDT
Brooks Ellis says:
If you buy from gamestop you can trade in 2 games to get $40 off the game also.

Not a direct discount but heck, I've got a lot of games I'm not going to be playing once this comes out.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  May 31, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Infamous 2 - Playstation 3
Infamous 2 - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars (378)