Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Infant Potty Basics: With or Without Diapers . . . the Natural Way
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on April 5, 2007
As a new mom, it was great to have a book that introduced this concept in a really concise way. Extensive background information found in some other books is interesting, but not if you're trying to fit it in during naptime! Since I read this "basics" book, I also read "Diaper Free" by Ingrid Bauer. Despite that fact that I really enjoyed "Diaper Free," I was really glad that I got this Potty Basics book first since it was so concise and told me everything I needed to know to get started.

It really does work! We started when our daughter was 3 months old, and haven't had to change a poopy diaper since. Peeing is another matter, but we're catching about half of them every day. Definitely a technique worth trying--even if you only do it "part time" for the easy catches after naps and such.
on February 7, 2007
Though I don't do everything exactly as Laurie Boucke teaches in her book, I have found this method of dealing with elimination to be a good experience with my first (and only) child who is currenlty 8 months old. We started IPT a few days after bringing her home from the hospital, and the book is what taught me and gave me the confidence to try it in the first place. My mom and husband were very supportive of trying out this method, so that was really the key to getting it started. This is a great book for anyone who is interested in learning more about IPT, and it isn't overwhelming because it gives you the basics in a straighforward way.
on January 7, 2009
This is a great book, easy to understand, easy to follow, and very user-friendly! I highly recommend it. I use this method with my son, now 8mos old and we are doing well with it!
on October 8, 2012
This book is very clear and concise. It tells you many things you need to know without having to read a huge book. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in trying out infant potty training!!
on December 26, 2013
For all of the books you also need to have something to hold baby safely in the right position. Holding baby each time especially as they get heavier is not only tiring but not safe or at the very least your hands are very full. There is one product on the market called the Baby Throne that holds baby (4months to about 4yrs) in the correct squat position in a soft comfortable foam safely. It also comes with a manual and an instructional DVD. Check out the website and watch the instructional DVD on [...] Well worth the money; you save a ton on nappies and get a long life out of it plus it is endorsed by paediatricians and busy mothers! There is only one place you can get it is on line, great service and lovely to get a big box delivered! Makes life very easy.
on January 14, 2015
Great book. Helped me a bunch with questions I thought I knew the answer to...Thank you Laurie Boucke
on February 24, 2012
My husband bought this book when our daughter was 6 months old and I thought he was nuts! Now at 20 months, she's just about 100% trained and she loves the independence and freedom!
on June 4, 2011
This is a great book and i would recommend it to anyone who is wanting to learn how to potty train there infant
on December 17, 2008
This book is just OK; I still felt like I didn't know how to begin infant pottying/elimination communication after reading this book. It talks about the topic without giving really clearly laid out step-by-step instructions. After I read this, I went and bought Diaper-Free Baby, which was a much better book, and was an excellent how-to guide.