Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on May 25, 2013
The toy itself is fine. One must hit it very hard for things to open and equally hard to close it back, but we would have been fine with that, except that while trying to close the toy with her finger, our 9 month old got her finger trapped on a gap between the animal and the door and got a huge cut on her little finger that bled for 2 days. I understand that accidents happen, but this deep a cut should not happen when naturally playing with a toy. Watch out for those gaps. At least she got her finger out, which for a little while, was stuck there. I was starting to wonder how to get her finger out without hurting it even more when it thankfully slip away. Adding a picture of the damage to the images.
review image
33 comments58 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2013
Pretty much all four of them will open if pressed. So much for learning to twist, etc. This is just very cheaply made. Don't waste your money.
on June 19, 2014
The only reason that I gave this four stars is because three of the buttons can be activated by push. The yellow is supposed to be a turn to open, but if it's at the right spot, you can just push on the yellow button and it will pop up. Someone had reviewed this and cautioned parents about their child getting hurt. I read the review and wondered how that could possibly happen, it sounds impossible? When when I got the item I started feeling around inside and realised what must have happened.

While the pop-up is opening there is a space between the bottom of the animal and the white area of the toy on the top. If you feel around in there, there are a couple of sharp corners (that serve what purpose I couldn't tell you). So, if a kid opened this toy, then started to depress the animal to close it and got their finger inside on accident, but then didn't close it all the way, their finger could get stuck in between the bottom of the animal and the white part of the toy as it popped back up again, and as it's sharp, yeah it's definitely possible for an injury to occur.

Overall, it's a great toy, just keep in mind that younger babies probably need to be supervised while using this.
on July 21, 2015
This toy is a huge hit with my daughter. She plays with something similar at daycare. We already have tons of toys so I wanted something small and this one worked out well. I love the carry handle too.
review image review image
on November 14, 2013
Purchased this item as a gift for my niece. It has quickly become one of her "go to" toys. She is 12 months old and just starting to learn the "open" "close" concepts.
on March 20, 2013
Okay I do not know if they come this way if you buy them online but... I bought this at babies r us. It came with horrible security things attached to it. So I'm like meh I will get it off as usual. Nope. Because they have a T shape and the top of the T is up inside the toy and is impossible to get out. Not wanting protruding dangerous sharp objects stabbing my precious baby, I took the toy apart. It was fine except that the first animal the cow will no longer go down. I turned the little button in the different directions possible but it just won't work. Is it the companies fault? YES i should not have had to take this stupid 9$ toy apart because of the ridiculous security tabs. Seriously how can you put this crap on baby toys? It's a hazard and it's not like they tell you anywhere on the box how to get them off/out. I will never buy another infantino product again because apparently they babies are meant to play with sharp plastic security devices.
on March 10, 2014
It's not as nice as some as the others, and the yellow one that looks like a button, you actually have to put your finger in the indentation and turn it, which my son doesn't have the motor skills to do and it frustrates him. I think I would say it's ok, but would probably recommend a different brand.
on July 24, 2014
The pictures of this toy are deceiving. I thought for the price($13 when I bought it) that it would be a little better. Very cheap looking. I caution anyone against buying as a gift. They will think you spent five bucks.
VINE VOICEon January 18, 2013
My 7 month old likes playing with this toy. But we have to continuously watch him while he plays with it though, it tips forward easily and the hard plastic can hurt if it bops him in the head. Usually I have to hold on to this toy whenever he plays with it, so it doesn't move or tip forward and hit him.

He does like closing the lids on the animals whenever they pop up. He unintentionally makes the orange sheep pop up and as soon as it pops up he is trying to close it again. So, it really helps his motor skills. The blue cow, you press down on the switch. The yellow horse, which is the hardest for him, you have to twist for the horse to pop open. It looks like you are supposed to press it, but it won't open unless you twist. The orange button presses down for the sheep to pop up and the green one has a key to turn to get the dog.

The bright colors attract his attention and he loves to play with the animals and push them back down. This toy is for 6months+ and it is a great toy for a baby to play with during tummy time.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2015
I purchased this as a gift for my granddaughter. Two of the buttons need to simply be pushed; these work well. The last 'button' is to be twisted. Although a bit stiff, it works with a little effort. However the second button does not seem to work properly. It must be turned as an old-fashioned dial telephone and has an indention to place a finger, but the mechanism is too stiff. When it gets to the place where it should open the latch, it stops turning. One cannot open the latch using the finger indention, one must grasp the entire round button as if turning a dial on a stereo; and even then, it is difficult, even for an adult.
On the positive side, the bright colors are appealing, the plastic animals and their pictures are friendly, and the unit as a whole is sturdy. My granddaughter enjoys the animals when they pop up, and she enjoys standing on it. She has learned to close the sections with her feet. It is STURDY! :-)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse