5.0 out of 5 stars I love, love, love it!
Published on October 11, 2010 by Andy Gossen

3.0 out of 5 stars For the price, this is great... for short time periods.
Published on March 30, 2011 by D. Dunlap

3.0 out of 5 stars For the price, this is great... for short time periods., March 30, 2011
This review is from: Infantino Swift Classic Carrier Black (Baby Product)
My wife has one of the super expensive carriers... and it's covered in flowers and butterflies and wonderful baby colors. To put it simply I hate it. Yes, I know, I shouldn't care how it looks... but c'mon, can you blame me for being less than thrilled in walking around in something that looks like it was borrowed from Tinker Bell? With our vacation fast approaching I found this carrier and decided for the price (and good reviews) I would give it a shot...

Pros:

-I'm happy to be seen in public wearing this carrier.
-It bears repeating... the price!
-Compact, it folds up really small and can be kept conveniently in the car, or in my case in our umbrella stroller which actually folds up with this carrier in it.
-Dual facing positions... since it was a vacation, I was hoping our daughter could see out.
-With the side clips, it's easy to get baby in and out of the carrier.

Cons:

-In my opinion, this carrier is best when only used in short durations. After 30-40 minutes tops, it's time for her to come out for several reasons: 1) Longer than that and I think the way she is positioned, especially in the outward looking set up, doesn't support her weight as evenly as you might hope and she starts to get uncomfortable. 2) Not the best strap set up. Longer use bothered my back. I could carry her in my arms longer without that happening. The straps adjust, so not sure I'm ready to say being 6'2" was the problem, but if others that aren't as tall don't have the back complaint, then maybe I'd chalk it up to that. 3) Granted we were in Florida, but she got very hot in the carrier. I would get her out of there just to air her out.

Overall:

There were several 5 star reviews for this carrier, and for the price, it's hard not to love. That said, if something is a great price doesn't really matter to the baby. I don't regret the purchase and I think the carrier is quite useful, but for me, this will just be for short time periods. A quick run to the store, or in conjunction with the stroller on a trip. From my experience, I would not recommend this carrier if you were thinking you were going to just keep your baby in it for long periods of time... say the duration of a Disney trip or similar. That said, for this price and for specific needs, this carrier works well and I'll get my share of use out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love, love, love it!, October 11, 2010
This review is from: Infantino Swift Classic Carrier Black (Baby Product)
I got mine cheaper at Target, but this is an amazing carrier! I've tried numerous slings and wraps before this one and found them to be too warm, too difficult to use, uncomfortable for myself or the baby, or incredibly expensive. This one is perfect. Very comfortable, reasonably priced, attractive, and my baby loves it. We walked around the museum today for 2 hours and were both very happy. It was our first time using it and we got it adjusted in under a minute. Stopped twice in the museum to breastfeed and found it very easy to get the baby in and out. Straps can be loosened or tightened with one hand. Definitely not one of those items where "you get what you pay for." Wish this had been available 2 years ago! GET IT! You'll love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable for Parent and Bad for Baby, January 22, 2012
This review is from: Infantino Swift Classic Carrier Black (Baby Product)
This is a very poorly designed baby carrier that's uncomfortable for the wearer and bad for the baby.

This carrier is very uncomfortable for the person wearing it because all of the babies weight is pulling down on the wearers shoulders. When looking for a baby carrier you should look for one with a waist belt which will help to distribute some of the babies weight to the wearers hips. Carriers with waist belts are much more comfortable for the wearer (this is why hiking backpacks have waist belts).

The carrier is bad for the baby because all of the babies weight is on their crotch and their legs are held close together with their hips and knees straight which is bad for hip development. According to the International Hip Dysplasia Institute this is the most unhealthy position for the hips during infancy and can cause or contribute to the development of hip dysplasia or dislocation. The healthiest position for the babies hips is to have the baby in a seated position with their legs spread and their thighs supported.

If you want to stick with the Infantino brand the Union or Balance carriers would be much better options. They have a waist belt to help distribute the babies weight and also hold the baby in the optimal position for hip development. The Infantino Sash and Infantino Ecosash are also good options although these carriers tie instead of buckling.

Even better options would be the Beco Butterly, The Beco Gemini, the Ergo (original, organic, options, sport, and performance), the Boba (original, 2G, and 3G), or the Babyhawk Oh Snap. These are all high quality carriers that are very comfortable and safe for both baby and wearer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, June 16, 2011
This review is from: Infantino Swift Classic Carrier Black (Baby Product)
I bought this originally to use in the airport while traveling by myself a the baby. It worked great. For the price, it surprised me how comfortable it was.
I now use to to grocery shop. I can carry my 20 pound baby around for 2 hours with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, inexpensive carrier!, January 20, 2011
This review is from: Infantino Swift Classic Carrier Black (Baby Product)
My husband and I wanted a carrier that our 3 1/2 month old daughter could face in or out in. I had seen this carrier at Walmart, and decided to read some reviews on it here. It was a bit cheaper on Amazon than at the store, and the reviews were good. Literally while I was reading about it, I received an Amazon Mom $10 coupon in the mail, which made the carrier about $3, so I decided there was no reason NOT to order it!
The verdict is that we (my daughter and I, both) love this carrier! She has been in it in both positions, and was happy both times. Currently, she is napping in it, facing me. This is very possibly the first real nap she's ever taken in a baby carrier...she never seemed happy and comfortable enough in other ones to really nap.
This carrier is very padded and secure. It is very easy to adjust the size for both of us, and it doesn't feel like she would tip out of it. I love the way it comes up to support her head when she is facing me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't use when baby's too small, can't use when he's that big either, August 26, 2011
K. Barnett (sunny California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infantino Swift Classic Carrier Black (Baby Product)
I put this carrier on our baby registry because it seemed simpler to use than many of the wraps and slings for newborns, and it's quite inexpensive, too. As it turns out, the carrier is super-easy to use, just as I'd hoped - there's no wondering (as there is with some wraps) how to get the thing on or if it's on right. However, after our baby arrived, I found that the ease of wearing this product was of little value to me at the outset, since I couldn't use the carrier at all at first. This product can't carry a newborn in any position in which he will feel comfortable - most newborns don't like to have their legs stretched out like this carrier requires. Our baby fussed and cried the whole time he was in the carrier when we first tried it. In terms of the positions in which this carrier can hold a baby, it's more suitable for when the baby is a few months old.

Once our baby was comfortable not having his legs tucked in, I was excited to use the carrier, but at that point, he was 15+ pounds, and I found out I still couldn't really use it - he had become too heavy to comfortably carry in this product, as it distributes all the weight on the shoulders and upper back. I have a pretty strong back - I did deadlifts through the second trimester of pregnancy, and I never once had an aching back during my pregnancy. Pregnancy couldn't hurt my back, but this carrier kills it! I couldn't stand to wear my baby for more than 20-30 minutes at a time. Even the wraps tend to do a better job distributing the baby's weight.

Since I couldn't use the product at any stage of my baby's development, I don't think the product is worth even its modest cost.

Even if you can stand the back-killing engineering of this carrier, I'd discourage using it, since (as I found out after the fact), carriers where the baby basically hangs by his crotch aren't good for the baby - carrying the baby in this position can potentially cause hip dysplasia. To avoid this risk, it's better to have a carrier that has some kind of seat pocket, that holds the baby so that his knees are about level with his hips.

If you want to wear your baby, you're better off putting in a little time to figure out how to use a wrap when he or she is still a newborn and spending the money for a good ergonomically supportive carrier, comfortable for both baby and parent, for when your baby is a bit bigger. If you're looking for something to carry your newborn in, try the Moby, a Slingling, or maybe the Ergo with infant insert. Even I was finally able to figure out how to use my Moby and like it now! The Slingling may also be an option if you want something really simple to use, though it's not quite as comfy as the other two options. I'd recommend an Ergo or Beco starting when baby is 4-6 months old.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good for the money, July 18, 2011
This review is from: Infantino Swift Classic Carrier Black (Baby Product)
I am small and petite house wife with an infant so when it came to doing the shopping and running errands it was physically impractical to try and use my car seat to carry my infant around in. My sister had used a sling with her baby so i planned to do the same and invested in a top of the line sling. I loved it as did my son who would fall asleep instantly in it. then came our meltdown. it was the first warm day of spring and in hind sight, i had over dressed my son and we were at the grocery store. within a 1/2 hour in the sling he woke up screaming. i got him in the rest room and he was SOOOOOO hot and would not stop screaming. so i went out and bought this super cheap carrier just to try it out. i have not stopped using it- havent even looked at the more expensive brands because this one works so well. i like the easy to adjust straps and they are soft and comfortable. and while my baby rarely sleeps in it he does like to look around and chew on the fabric. which leads me to one of my two complaints. i thought that i had washed the bib but apparently i did not and the first time i put it on my son was chewing away on it. i did not notice til we got back to the car that the red dye was everywhere. ruined his shirt and was on his face and hands. and of course i got very worried about him ingesting it. so- make sure to wash the bib and be warned it will run. second complaint is that my son is pretty slender and before he was holding his head up on his own the carrier provided little support because i could not tighten it up enough to fit him. it was fine for me because i just held his head to my chest which he liked anyway. now he likes that room because he can turn and look around or tilt his head to look up at me. anyway you could spend 100$ on a top of the line or 15$ on this carrier and be just as happy i think. try it out you may be surprised how well it will compare.

3.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it but I don't !!, October 5, 2011
This review is from: Infantino Swift Classic Carrier Black (Baby Product)
My daughter loves being in this baby carrier and she easily sleeps in it as well. She is 6 months old.
But my back pains when I use this carrier. Next time I wont buy this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for short trips, May 5, 2011
Laura Wirsig (Holden, MO, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infantino Swift Classic Carrier Black (Baby Product)
We had a Snugli with our daughter, and I hated it, because it had so many buckles and snaps, and slides that it required two people to use it. I bought this Infantino carrier when I had my son, because it looked simpler. It is much easier to put on (doesn't require two people), but it doesn't have quite the back support either.

My baby loves being in it, and it provides adequate support for him for several hours. However, after about an hour, my back is usually hurting. The center circle on the straps in the back slides up, and I am constantly having to pull it down to readjust the weight on my shoulders and back. I wish that there was a belt that strapped across the back, to help hold the straps in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live without!, May 20, 2011
This review is from: Infantino Swift Classic Carrier Black (Baby Product)
I prefer this carrier to others I tried... It is easy to get on and off and easy to get the baby in and out (which is great when they are sleeping). I use it almost everyday... it helps me get house-hold chores completed as well as grocery shopping. It's nice to not have to push the stroller everywhere, also I've found people are less likely to try to touch my little one when he is attached to me! =)

Infantino Swift Classic Carrier Black