Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Infantino Swift Classic Carrier, Black
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 30, 2011
My wife has one of the super expensive carriers... and it's covered in flowers and butterflies and wonderful baby colors. To put it simply I hate it. Yes, I know, I shouldn't care how it looks... but c'mon, can you blame me for being less than thrilled in walking around in something that looks like it was borrowed from Tinker Bell? With our vacation fast approaching I found this carrier and decided for the price (and good reviews) I would give it a shot...

Pros:

-I'm happy to be seen in public wearing this carrier.
-It bears repeating... the price!
-Compact, it folds up really small and can be kept conveniently in the car, or in my case in our umbrella stroller which actually folds up with this carrier in it.
-Dual facing positions... since it was a vacation, I was hoping our daughter could see out.
-With the side clips, it's easy to get baby in and out of the carrier.

Cons:

-In my opinion, this carrier is best when only used in short durations. After 30-40 minutes tops, it's time for her to come out for several reasons: 1) Longer than that and I think the way she is positioned, especially in the outward looking set up, doesn't support her weight as evenly as you might hope and she starts to get uncomfortable. 2) Not the best strap set up. Longer use bothered my back. I could carry her in my arms longer without that happening. The straps adjust, so not sure I'm ready to say being 6'2" was the problem, but if others that aren't as tall don't have the back complaint, then maybe I'd chalk it up to that. 3) Granted we were in Florida, but she got very hot in the carrier. I would get her out of there just to air her out.

Overall:

There were several 5 star reviews for this carrier, and for the price, it's hard not to love. That said, if something is a great price doesn't really matter to the baby. I don't regret the purchase and I think the carrier is quite useful, but for me, this will just be for short time periods. A quick run to the store, or in conjunction with the stroller on a trip. From my experience, I would not recommend this carrier if you were thinking you were going to just keep your baby in it for long periods of time... say the duration of a Disney trip or similar. That said, for this price and for specific needs, this carrier works well and I'll get my share of use out of it.
99 comments|498 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2011
i live in india.I went to houston for a training purpose and my wife asked me to bring a carrier for our 6month old baby.i brought this and bring it to india.from the first day he just loved it.it is very comfortable for him n he feels secure.
on January 22, 2012
This is a very poorly designed baby carrier that's uncomfortable for the wearer and bad for the baby.

This carrier is very uncomfortable for the person wearing it because all of the babies weight is pulling down on the wearers shoulders. When looking for a baby carrier you should look for one with a waist belt which will help to distribute some of the babies weight to the wearers hips. Carriers with waist belts are much more comfortable for the wearer (this is why hiking backpacks have waist belts).

The carrier is bad for the baby because all of the babies weight is on their crotch and their legs are held close together with their hips and knees straight which is bad for hip development. According to the International Hip Dysplasia Institute this is the most unhealthy position for the hips during infancy and can cause or contribute to the development of hip dysplasia or dislocation. The healthiest position for the babies hips is to have the baby in a seated position with their legs spread and their thighs supported.

If you want to stick with the Infantino brand the Union or Balance carriers would be much better options. They have a waist belt to help distribute the babies weight and also hold the baby in the optimal position for hip development. The Infantino Sash and Infantino Ecosash are also good options although these carriers tie instead of buckling.

Even better options would be the Beco Butterly, The Beco Gemini, the Ergo (original, organic, options, sport, and performance), the Boba (original, 2G, and 3G), or the Babyhawk Oh Snap. These are all high quality carriers that are very comfortable and safe for both baby and wearer.
66 comments|271 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2010
I got mine cheaper at Target, but this is an amazing carrier! I've tried numerous slings and wraps before this one and found them to be too warm, too difficult to use, uncomfortable for myself or the baby, or incredibly expensive. This one is perfect. Very comfortable, reasonably priced, attractive, and my baby loves it. We walked around the museum today for 2 hours and were both very happy. It was our first time using it and we got it adjusted in under a minute. Stopped twice in the museum to breastfeed and found it very easy to get the baby in and out. Straps can be loosened or tightened with one hand. Definitely not one of those items where "you get what you pay for." Wish this had been available 2 years ago! GET IT! You'll love it.
44 comments|154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2012
Our daughter loves being carried around in this. She holds her head up very well, and will help dad vacuum, or me do the dishes. You can't do a lot of bending in this, but that is ok. My only real complaint is that when my husband is carrying her in it, we need to put some kind of pad between him and her head, otherwise his chest and her head rub a little too much.
review image review image
on June 16, 2011
I bought this originally to use in the airport while traveling by myself a the baby. It worked great. For the price, it surprised me how comfortable it was.
I now use to to grocery shop. I can carry my 20 pound baby around for 2 hours with no problems.
on June 30, 2015
I'm plus sized and it's hard to find carriers that fit me! I wear a 2x in tops and am 5'11. This carrier fits me so well!! It's easy to use and my baby loves it!! I've attached a picture of my husband wearing it and it fits him well. :)
on January 22, 2014
I bought this carrier a week ago, I received it today (in Costa Rica). When I bought it I use to think that maybe this carrier might not be as good as I would like to because of the price. BUT as soon as I open the package I knew it was a good quality carrier, it has the most easy instructions, so anyone can learn how to use it right away. My baby is 4-month old and she fits perfectly, too perfectly to be honest, so I'm thinking on buying a bigger one, because my babe is a bit bigger than the average baby sieze for a 4-month old. Anyway the product is great, If you haven't bought anything like it in the past this is the way to go, since you may not be so sure about to buy a carrier at all because of the price or the safety, buy this one, it's not expensive, it's well-made and it has been done with great care, exc quality. THEN you can buy a better one, with more stuff in it.
on March 5, 2015
My newborn doesn't let me get anything done around the house cause she wants to be held all the time. This carrier it's comfortable & my baby likes it :)
review image review image
on February 21, 2016
Very handy! My son is 5 mo and loves being it. My son weighs now 17 lbs. and the construction holds up nicely. None of the stitching came apart so far. We've been using it for about 2 months now and have no worries about his safety while in it. It's something about the carrier keeps my son calm THE ENTIRE TIME HE IS IN IT. I love it for that! The only downside is that for some reason I'm not quite sure what happened but he doesn't sit properly in it. I adjusted one time a few weeks ago to compensate for his growth and ever since I couldn't get him sit properly. He's always leaning to left. I take it this to the fault of my own, not Infantino. Still, as uncomfortable as he looks, he's still very relaxed and calm in it.