4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pros and several minor cons
I bought the "boy" version of the gym for my three-month-old girl because I needed a second gym that will be easy to transport when we are visiting family etc. My daughter LOVES it and it became our primary gym. If you are OK with the minor cons described below, this is the best deal around.

PROS
- My baby loved playing in it, the colors are wonderful and...
Published on February 5, 2012 by Becky

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, but no Gymini
I put this gym on our registry for its aesthetics, assuming that all gyms were pretty much the same. It is indeed gorgeous and I'm very happy with it in that regard. It will certainly do the job, but I am not as happy with it as I was with the Gyminis I had for my older children.

Published on December 17, 2010 by K. Kellogg

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pros and several minor cons, February 5, 2012
This review is from: Infantino Twist and Fold Activity Gym, Vintage Boy (Baby Product)

PROS
- My baby loved playing in it, the colors are wonderful and the toys are cute. She played in it till she was 4.5 months and then continued to play with the toys separately from the gym. It really helped her learn to roll over from her back to the tummy
- Some people complain about the quality but I see no problems. Maybe they had defective models? The surface mat is thick and pleasant, I washed it according to the instructions and it is just fine.
- Easy to assemble. Takes a minute of your time and is sturdy.
- Compared to other models -- very compact when folded. I could take it with me when we go to a place she needs to spend an day with me outside home.
- Lots of ways to hang the toys, two levels, and rings that allow you to hand other toys as well
- Non breakable mirror included
- It is both a pro and a con -- the mat is small (exactly as depicted in the pictures). So if you want something compact for your tiny living room it is perfect. I have no troubles with this.

CONS (in the order I personally consider it as a problem):
- You can wrap the mat around the toys and secure it with the strap. This is a great idea, but for some reason they designed it such that you must wrap the mat such that the upper side of the mat faces OUT -- to the dirt etc, while the side that lies on the floor will face the toys! When I want to transport the gym, I end up wrapping the whole thing in another blanket to protect the mat from the outside world,and place the mat on this blanket so that the bottom side of the mat does not get dirty and then touch the toys when I pack it again.
- It is not as compact as it appears from the picture that shows it folded. I took it with us when we had to stay over night outside home, but would not bring it with me for just an hour at friends, for example.
- The rings design is hard to disassemble. So it takes a few extra minutes to hang or change the position of the toys. A bit annoying.
- The faces of the animals appear only on one side. It is more realistic this way, but if you hang the toy the wrong way (or re-position the baby) the infant cannot see the faces.
- It does not have a musical element but I am personally totally fine with this. Just to let you know -- no musical giraffes as some reviews sate. Nothing on batteries etc.
- The mirror is a non-breakable, bending reflective surface. So the reflection is has an effect of a carnival mirror. But it is safe and still fun.
- The gym arrived without one piece (the pillow) and Amazon allowed me to choose between partial refund or return/exchange of the gym. When I called the company they said they are out of these pillows but said they can send a different pillow that would not match the set, because they are out of these pillows. So they have great customer service and Amazon have generous policy, I just wish they could pack it all together at the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars this gym is stylin!, November 12, 2009
I love the colors of the gym. I have twins, a boy and girl, and it seems to be right for both of them. I like that the gym arms fold closed just by twisting the button at the top. So I stick the whole thing in the corner of the closet at night. I like that the gym is roomy under the arms. The toys are cute too. My babies tolerate tummy time better when they are on the little pillow. Our home and furnishings are a mix of contemporary and sort of retro. And so this gym fits our personality. Also my son is a real spitter-upper. And I have already unbuckled the mat from the arms and washed it. The colors stayed bright and I just rebuckled the mat to the arms and we were all set again. It's a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality activity gym, December 21, 2009
Used frequently by our infant, who really enjoys the hanging toys. The two positions for hanging toys is a plus as many other gyms we looked at only had one. The mirror is movable and works really well at the top for babies using the gym on their backs. Hanging from the sides works nicely when using the pillow for tummy time. The bottom matt has been washed according to directions many times and still looks new. Packs up easily and compactly for travel. Overall, really great activity gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and useful, baby adores it!, September 17, 2011
There are dozens of gyms out there, and I read tons of reviews before picking this one. My criteria was to have one which had toys that are soft and not plastic, so I wouldn't be worried about my baby hitting them, or them dropping on the baby. I also wanted the biggest mat out there, so baby would be able to use it for a long time, and one that was affordable and reasonable in price.

This gym's mat is huge, and it is really eye-catching and adorable. The toys are soft stuffed animals, and really cute. 2 of them rattle and 1 is a squeaker and one plays birds chirping, which is really unique, although you have to press it to make it work (too high up for baby, and he has to press too hard). There is also a nice big mirror. You can also attach other toys to the gym. It has a tummy time pillow but it is too small, I use it to prop up my baby's head instead. My baby loves this gym and goes crazy when he's playing on it.

I haven't tried washing it or closing it back up again so can't comment on that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this play mat!, May 3, 2011
I purchased this play mat for my 2 month old and she LOVES it! The toys provided are great, she loves them all! The birds make a chirping noise(and a crinkly noise), the monkey makes a funny noise and the lion and elephant are rattles.

You can easily put any hanging toy you want on this play mat. You can hang them high or low. You can take the "canopy" off and just use the mat too. It all folds up for easy storage and travel. Although, the mirror and pillow have no specific place when it is closed up....I just attach the mirror at the very top and tuck the pillow in once it's closed.

I have not washed this yet, but it is made of a great material that wiped up easily.

This item was just what I wanted and my daughter loves it! And it was cheaper than most!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product at half the cost of other gym mats out there, September 24, 2013
I had the rainforest fisher price gym on my registry which I got and looks great but some of the toys are made of hard plastic and specially the mirror is small and overall it was way over whelming fir my baby si I order this gym for following reasons and it does the job really well!!
1. Mirror is big so the baby can look around and find themselves to look at. Mirror can be strapped any where on the gym or you can hold it to show to the baby
2. There are three toys you can hang or play with all soft to touch and have different look.colors are great as well- soothing to the eyes and bright enough.
3. Very few gyms offered pillow for tummy time and this one did offer- it's very soft- filled with foam I guess- might get flat with few months use but by then I probably wouldn't need to use it based on baby's over all development.
4. Last- it's light weight and can be rolled up and taken anywhere with you!
Highly recommended!!
Love this gym

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, but no Gymini, December 17, 2010

The biggest issue that I have with it is that it won't travel well. It collapses into a cumbersome size that is nice for sticking in a corner of the room when not in use, but the Gymnini folded flat in half and came in a handled bag that made taking it over to friends' and relatives' easy. My other main problem with it is the way that the toys are attached; the rings are hook-and-eye that go into small fabric loops on both the gym and the toys and are not terribly convenient to move around. The Gymini has rings with slot openings and large, riveted holes in the arches to put them in. I have mostly fixed this by using rings from another company and recommend doing so... babies get bored with the same old set up, so gyms that are easy to switch around are a plus.

My only other complaint is that the mirror is one of the new fun-house kinds that are standard with most baby toys. I understand that we shouldn't give babies glass mirrors for safety, but there used to be more on the market that were stiff and reflected proper images, now flimsy sheets seem to be all that you can find.

Our son has yet to show any real interest in anything but the musical giraffe and even that only keeps his attention for a minute or 2, but he's only 8 weeks old and all babies are different as far as what kinds of toys they will like, so I won't discredit the product for his lack of interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and entertaining, March 30, 2014
EveryGirlEver (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
We LOVE this. Our home basically looks like it belongs to the baby and he lets us stay here. I love that we can collapse it at the end of the day and reclaim a few feet of adult space.

My fave things about it:
-It collapses and opens easily enough to do it one handed if you're holding your baby.
-It's super easy to pull apart for washing
-You can buy different toys to hang (in packs of 3). We like to rotate the toys out so our baby doesn't get bored.
-We can travel easily with it because it folds up and secures with velcro

We learned quickly that if we put the baby down in it at a diagonal so his feet could kick the base of one of the arches he could shake his own toys. Then we'd just helicopter him around each corner when he started to get bored with the view. So by the time our baby was about 5 weeks old he could entertain himself under this for a good 15 minutes at a time. Now, at 12 weeks, he'll hang out playing with the toys for a half hour or longer. We hang the toys at the high setting when he's laying in it and move them to the low setting (attaching the mirror to the base of one of the arches) to do tummy time. Works like a charm!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifesaver!, November 25, 2011
My twin girls were about 3 1/2 months old when I purchased this item. At a time when nothing seemed to entertain them, this did the trick! The toys are really cute & the girls are very entertained by the sounds they make. The mat gives them room to play. Love it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost didn't get a gym, what was I thinking?, September 1, 2012
I only added a gym to my registry on a lark, I kept wondering if I really needed it. I'm so glad to have it, my daughter spends plenty of time "working out" on this bad boy. I love that it's not PINK!!!!!!!!!!!

Update, at around 6 months my daughter began to lose interest in the gym, but I have to say she REALLY LOVED it for those first six months, the monkey toy was always her favorite to touch and bat around from the begining. She also sometimes would grasp the "bars" and use them to push her body around in a few early attempts at rolling. When she "got going" on this gym, she really went to town, you could see the whole gym shaking and the baby laughing in delight. Ah well, all things come to an end. Close to six months she just wanted to stand and bounce, not lay in the gym, she's now in one of these and loving it : Bright Starts Bounce Bounce Baby Activity Zone

Infantino Twist and Fold Activity Gym, Vintage Boy