4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pros and several minor cons
I bought the "boy" version of the gym for my three-month-old girl because I needed a second gym that will be easy to transport when we are visiting family etc. My daughter LOVES it and it became our primary gym. If you are OK with the minor cons described below, this is the best deal around.

PROS
- My baby loved playing in it, the colors are wonderful and...
Published on February 5, 2012 by Becky

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, but no Gymini
I put this gym on our registry for its aesthetics, assuming that all gyms were pretty much the same. It is indeed gorgeous and I'm very happy with it in that regard. It will certainly do the job, but I am not as happy with it as I was with the Gyminis I had for my older children.

Published on December 17, 2010 by K. Kellogg

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pros and several minor cons, February 5, 2012
This review is from: Infantino Twist and Fold Activity Gym, Vintage Boy (Baby Product)

PROS
- My baby loved playing in it, the colors are wonderful and the toys are cute. She played in it till she was 4.5 months and then continued to play with the toys separately from the gym. It really helped her learn to roll over from her back to the tummy
- Some people complain about the quality but I see no problems. Maybe they had defective models? The surface mat is thick and pleasant, I washed it according to the instructions and it is just fine.
- Easy to assemble. Takes a minute of your time and is sturdy.
- Compared to other models -- very compact when folded. I could take it with me when we go to a place she needs to spend an day with me outside home.
- Lots of ways to hang the toys, two levels, and rings that allow you to hand other toys as well
- Non breakable mirror included
- It is both a pro and a con -- the mat is small (exactly as depicted in the pictures). So if you want something compact for your tiny living room it is perfect. I have no troubles with this.

CONS (in the order I personally consider it as a problem):
- You can wrap the mat around the toys and secure it with the strap. This is a great idea, but for some reason they designed it such that you must wrap the mat such that the upper side of the mat faces OUT -- to the dirt etc, while the side that lies on the floor will face the toys! When I want to transport the gym, I end up wrapping the whole thing in another blanket to protect the mat from the outside world,and place the mat on this blanket so that the bottom side of the mat does not get dirty and then touch the toys when I pack it again.
- It is not as compact as it appears from the picture that shows it folded. I took it with us when we had to stay over night outside home, but would not bring it with me for just an hour at friends, for example.
- The rings design is hard to disassemble. So it takes a few extra minutes to hang or change the position of the toys. A bit annoying.
- The faces of the animals appear only on one side. It is more realistic this way, but if you hang the toy the wrong way (or re-position the baby) the infant cannot see the faces.
- It does not have a musical element but I am personally totally fine with this. Just to let you know -- no musical giraffes as some reviews sate. Nothing on batteries etc.
- The mirror is a non-breakable, bending reflective surface. So the reflection is has an effect of a carnival mirror. But it is safe and still fun.
- The gym arrived without one piece (the pillow) and Amazon allowed me to choose between partial refund or return/exchange of the gym. When I called the company they said they are out of these pillows but said they can send a different pillow that would not match the set, because they are out of these pillows. So they have great customer service and Amazon have generous policy, I just wish they could pack it all together at the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars this gym is stylin!, November 12, 2009
I love the colors of the gym. I have twins, a boy and girl, and it seems to be right for both of them. I like that the gym arms fold closed just by twisting the button at the top. So I stick the whole thing in the corner of the closet at night. I like that the gym is roomy under the arms. The toys are cute too. My babies tolerate tummy time better when they are on the little pillow. Our home and furnishings are a mix of contemporary and sort of retro. And so this gym fits our personality. Also my son is a real spitter-upper. And I have already unbuckled the mat from the arms and washed it. The colors stayed bright and I just rebuckled the mat to the arms and we were all set again. It's a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality activity gym, December 21, 2009
Used frequently by our infant, who really enjoys the hanging toys. The two positions for hanging toys is a plus as many other gyms we looked at only had one. The mirror is movable and works really well at the top for babies using the gym on their backs. Hanging from the sides works nicely when using the pillow for tummy time. The bottom matt has been washed according to directions many times and still looks new. Packs up easily and compactly for travel. Overall, really great activity gym.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, but no Gymini, December 17, 2010

The biggest issue that I have with it is that it won't travel well. It collapses into a cumbersome size that is nice for sticking in a corner of the room when not in use, but the Gymnini folded flat in half and came in a handled bag that made taking it over to friends' and relatives' easy. My other main problem with it is the way that the toys are attached; the rings are hook-and-eye that go into small fabric loops on both the gym and the toys and are not terribly convenient to move around. The Gymini has rings with slot openings and large, riveted holes in the arches to put them in. I have mostly fixed this by using rings from another company and recommend doing so... babies get bored with the same old set up, so gyms that are easy to switch around are a plus.

My only other complaint is that the mirror is one of the new fun-house kinds that are standard with most baby toys. I understand that we shouldn't give babies glass mirrors for safety, but there used to be more on the market that were stiff and reflected proper images, now flimsy sheets seem to be all that you can find.

Our son has yet to show any real interest in anything but the musical giraffe and even that only keeps his attention for a minute or 2, but he's only 8 weeks old and all babies are different as far as what kinds of toys they will like, so I won't discredit the product for his lack of interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it!, November 10, 2009
I love the colors in this gym and that was the reason why I bought it in the first place - though my daughter doesn't get set down very often (and I have to say she doesn't like it) I was a little nervous that she would not use it.

Luckily, she LOVES it. The toys are very colorful & interactive and the giraffe plays a little song too! All the toys can be moved and around as well as the mirror (and she does love to look at herself!). It's pretty easy to move from one room to another & we have brought it over to grandma's to use too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable & Beautiful!, June 26, 2010
Right out of the box, the Twist and Fold Activity Gym was super simple to put together. It came in just a few pieces and I had it together in around three minutes. The colors are what struck me the most. It looks like a beautiful quilt that your grandma would make, no kidding. It has an expensive look for an affordable price.

While this product is for smaller babies, newborns and up, my eighteen month old loved it. He wanted to play with each toy and check out each square. When I went to put it away, he cried. Even though he was too big to fit under the crossbars, he still enjoyed sitting up and playing with this. You can guarantee it will grow with your baby.

I think one of my absolute favorite things about the Twist & Fold Activity Gym (aside from the colors, which I really LOVE) is the fact that it is so easy to fold up for portability or to store. I would have never thought I could take an activity gym to the park or to Nana's house. With most gyms, you would have to disassemble them and find a way to keep up with all of the pieces. With this one, you twist the top knob, and wrap it up. It really is that simple! There is nothing to take apart; all toys stay as they are and you don't have to worry about losing anything!

Overall, I think this is a wonderful product. The material is easy to clean, the colors are gorgeous, the characters are so cute, and it is portable! I can say that without a doubt after reviewing this that I would buy it in a heartbeat. I just can't wait to have a newborn under it. Can't you just imagine the pictures?

I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for Infantino and have received various Infantino products to as part of my participation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live without it!!!, January 30, 2010
I LOVE this playmat and my son does too. We got it for him when he was just a couple of weeks old and he has been using it ever since. He is 6 months old now and still loves it. We have taken this mat everywhere! It has even gone on our trips and fits nicely in a large suitcase. I love the colors and design and the fact that it is so entertaining for my baby and doesn't require batteries that constantly need replacing. The directions for folding aren't very clear, but once you figure it out, it's a breeze.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have gym, can assemble or disemble with one hand!, November 5, 2009
This gym is not only beautiful and soft for my baby, but is so easy to use! There is a unique feature that allows me to assemble to gym for play with one hand, you just push down and the bars spring into place. It's also so easy to take down, you just twist the knob and the whole gym is ready to be folded up and put away! This is a great item and will buy for all baby showers!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware. Dangerous., November 25, 2012
We received this as a shower gift. Super cute and not obnoxious like a lot of others. I thought i would love it However, 2 times the twist lock became unlocked and snapped really hard while over the baby. I returned it immediately. I'm sure this was just a fluke and others could be ok, but why risk it? it doesn't really fold up smaller than other models anyway so I don't get the benefit.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT GIFT, February 2, 2010
This baby gym is tooo cute. I bought it as a gift and the mother and father (and baby) LOVE it. Whe the layed their 4 month old down on the gym, she was in awe, her face lit up; her eyes got big and she began reaching for the toys. It was the perfect inexpensive gift because it is so cute and different. This is the only one I found that was gender specific. The parents told me that they almost bought one, before I gave them the gift, but they didn't like any that they looked at. They LOVED this one.

Infantino Twist and Fold Activity Gym, Vintage Boy