Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Infantino Wrap and Tie Baby Carrier, Khaki/Modern
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on May 15, 2010
I bought this carrier when my daughter was about 4 weeks old; she's now 10 weeks old. I had a Moby that I borrowed from a friend but could never quite get to work, and my daughter hated being in it. I also have a Bjorn Active, but she seemed pretty precarious in that when she was so little.

This carrier is nearly perfect for infants. It's not quite as easy to put on as the Bjorn, but MUCH easier than the Moby, and it gives that nice snug fit that the Moby did. It's much lighter weight than the Bjorn, so it's easier on my back. I have the khaki-colored version, so I haven't had any problems with it showing dirt and dust. I wish the straps weren't so long (one size fits all), but I just wrap them around to my back and tie them again loosely. [I'm 5'4" and 145 lbs.] I think this carrier would fit most people. The fabric is thick, and the construction seems to be of good quality. It might be hot in hot weather, but most carriers are.

This has been a life saver. My daughter won't sleep anywhere except while being held. Now, once she's fed/diapered/etc and getting fussy (i.e., needs to sleep), I pop her in and walk around and sing. After a couple of minutes of fussing, she is sound asleep, sometimes for several hours. I can do a little light work around the house, plus I can sit and type at the computer (she's in the wrap right now).

*******Update 8/1/2010--my daughter is now almost 5 months old, and this carrier still works great with her facing me for her naps. She now weighs about 15 lbs, and it's not bad for a couple hours of use (especially if I can sit for part of the time). She starts to strain my back when I have to walk around with her for a couple of hours, but less so than when she is forward-facing in the Bjorn Active.

I have tried the face-out option, and it works OK, but I probable prefer to face her out in the Bjorn Active (it's quicker to put on). The Wrap and Tie is a little tall for her facing out, so I have to try to scrunch down the front, and I worry about her falling asleep and having her nose down in it. This carrier is definitely better than the Bjorn Active for facing-in naps (more support on the back of her neck so that her head doesn't flop around while she's sleeping). A friend is sending me her Ergo, so I will compare all three once I've tried it.

********Update 8/25/2010--Once I got the Ergo, I stopped using the Wrap and Tie. Both hold the baby snug and close to me, facing in, for sleeping. The Ergo is super easy to put on and great for my back. I am now an Ergo convert.

In summary---
1) Infantino Wrap and Tie: Pros = Great for little ones, facing in, for sleeping. Easier to put on than the Moby and yet keeps baby nice and snug. Can face baby out. Sturdy. Cheap (cheaper than other mei tai style carriers). Not bad on my back. Can ball it up and shove it in the diaper bag. Cons = harder to put on than Bjorn/Ergo, not as good as the Bjorn for facing out, not as good on the back as the Ergo.

2) Baby Bjorn (I have the Bjorn Active): Pros = My baby LOVES facing out when awake, and this is hands-down the best carrier for that. I put up with back pain to keep my baby happy. Cons: Not as good as the Wrap and Tie or Ergo for facing in/sleeping. Hurts my back to wear it for long (baby now ~15 lbs). Expensive.

3) Ergo: Pros = Quick and easy to put on, perfect for baby facing in/sleeping, cute little hood to put over her head to block out light while sleeping, AWESOME!!!! for my back. Cons = Expensive, baby can't face out. (My baby doesn't much like facing in while awake but she's getting used to it.)

When I go out, I usually take both the Ergo and the Bjorn with me in the car, and then pick whichever one is appropriate for my baby at the moment. If you have enough cash to drop on both (or better yet, can get them used or hand-me-down), get both and skip the Wrap and Tie. If you only have enough $ for one carrier, the Wrap and Tie might work.

*****final update--others have commented on the baby's face being smushed into their chest in the facing-in position. I haven't had a problem with this, but I frequently check my baby's neck position to make sure that her chin is tilted up a bit and her nose is pointing up a bit. It's easy to look down at her and reposition her head when appropriate. Also, I usually have her in with the binky in her mouth, which keeps her face off my chest as well.
33 comments|129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2010
I got this wrap for free from Infantino as a replacement product for the recalled bag sling (which I never used but sent back anyway). I had just bought a Beco baby carrier that I was not totally in love with, to replace my Moby Wrap. My one year old is way too heavy for a wrap and I was told Beco carriers were the best. I didn't like the Backpacky feel of the Beco from the start, it has straps and buckles and just doesn't have that 'Granola Mom' Feel to it. The moment i tried on the Infantino Wrap & Tie I was in love with it! It has the structure and weight capabilities of the Beco, Ergo or any other structured carrier on the market while maintaining that closeness and almost primal feel that the wraps provide. I LOVE it! I breastfed my one year old in it this afternoon and he fell asleep and i continued to do my cleaning and writing e-mails while he slept comfortably in the front carry. I went to Whole Foods later, did some shopping with him alseep in the front carry once again and then sat down and ate my lunch without waking him. It didn't play hell on my back and shoulders like my Peanut Shell sling. I would recommend this to anyone!
on December 9, 2014
I highly recommend this carrier!! It is perfect for my 7 week old whom I've tried many carriers with! I have an Ergobaby that will be great for long trips when he is older, but this one isn't so bulky and fits him better as an infant. I've also tried many slings and they just seem SO uncomfortable with his poor little head squished and as a pediatric nurse I worry about his airway (neck) being closed off. It helps so much for my needy little man who wants to be held 24/7! I have actually been able to get some housework done because this carrier is easy to use and light enough to wear around home, but also supportive enough that Christmas shopping all day at the mall was a breeze! They were even nice enough to add a cute little toy that Jaxon wil love when he's a little older :)
review image
on April 26, 2010
I originally purchased a Moby wrap, which I did not find comfortable or easy to use. I have also had a baby bjorn in the past and this carrier is significantly more comfy. I purchased this on impulse (and desperation due to being unhappy with my Moby) and it is much easier and much more secure and comfortable in comparison. I appreciate that the instructions are printed inside the sling, so you can't lose them. Yes, the shoulder straps are long, but they are on all mei tai style slings. The padding on the shoulder straps helps with comfort. The fabric itself is soft, but thick. My little one enjoys being close to me in this sling, and always ends up falling asleep in it. We began using this when she was about 8 1/2 lbs, although it definately became a better fit when she was close to 10 lbs. So far, I have comfortably carried her for 2-3 hours in this with no neck, shoulder or back strain noted. I would not hesitate to use the sling for say an outdoor arts fest or something where a stroller is inconvenient due to crowds. The only drawback in my opinion is that this sling would be very warm to wear in the summer, due to the weight of the fabric.
on March 4, 2014
I had originally purchased an ergo, but found it very difficult to adjust to my small frame, it never was tight enough and very hard to buckle. I'm 5' 105lbs, This is the perfect carrier for any size since it's fully adjusted by tieing it. The shoulder straps are padded and easy to ware for extended hours. I back carry my 8 month old when I'm cleaning and we were safe and secure for hours in this!!
review image
on October 29, 2010
The Wrap & Tie is definitely cheaper than other mei tais on the market! Its so comfortable and so quick and easy to use.

The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is this: They've added a velcro strap to bunch up the fabric so that you can use the carrier with the baby facing forward. This is basically "crotch dangling" and is not good for baby's hips at all. Don't wear your baby forward facing in this, please!

But it is great for wearing them facing you and so so easy to get them onto your back too. I have tried back carries in a lot of other styles of baby carriers and this is by far the easiest and most secure.
on February 16, 2015
I was worried about getting this because I have a 35lb three year old, and our ring sling was starting to become very uncomfortable. But this does the trick. :) The print is so much cuter in person, and I honestly have no complaints. Just a few things you should know before buying, it doesn't come with a hood, nor does it have snaps for a hood. Also mine came with an adorable elephant toy, the kind that rattles and vibrates, but my daughter is a little old for it, lol. But, I ordered the Sash because we were going to the aquarium and zoo in one day, and my daughter doesn't like holding hands for long periods of time. She was in the back carry for almost four hours, and we were both very comfortable.

So, basically this is a great carrier for moms on a budget. :) The back carry is brilliant, I'm not sure how I got stuff done without it!
on March 19, 2014
1. Unlike other carriers that baby faces outward causing hip dysplasia; this carrier facilitates proper "froggy" leg placement when baby faces towards you
2. My youngest had extreme colic that started at 6 days old. The doctors and specialists said it was the worst they had ever seen! Since it was impractical to carry him all day I tried at least 15 different carriers, wraps, and slings from generic brands to the very expensive and THIS was the best! All of my friends with babies went out and bought one after seeing mine.

This is a comfortable wrap that I could single - handedly put on while holding my son once I got the hang of it. I wore this 16-20 hrs / day for 3 months and I actually used this until my baby was 9 months old. The shoulder straps are padded and incredibly comfortable even with extended wear. This an item that is being saved for my future kids!
on March 6, 2015
I've used this carrier several times a week for my now almost six month old since she was a teeny tiny baby. I love it! It's way easier for me to put on and adjust on my own than our ergo is. With our ergo I usually have to have my husband help me a little, so this has been wonderful to use on my own when he's not home.

When we first got it, our baby didn't quite fit in it in a way that was comfortable and ergonomically safe for her. To help her we did roll up a receiving blanket to place at the bottom for her to use as a seat. Also, as I mentioned, we also have an ergo, and we got the infant insert to that. Imagine my surprise when out of curiosity one day I decided to try the ergo infant insert and it fit in this wrap PERFECTLY. We used that along with this wrap until she was about three months and began to fit a little better.

It's very comfortable to wear for a couple hours. I wear her in it at home when I need to get things done and she wants to be attached to me. I use it often while taking our dog for a walk, quick trips to the mall, etc. It's really wonderful!
on September 18, 2010
i love this thing. my kid loves it. my husband loves it. we wear it together everywhere we go. he is 7 1/2 months old and 20 lbs. we've been using it since he was 2 months old 12 lbs.
we also have a babybjorn but that kills my back. with the wrap&tie you can wear him facing in or out or on your back. we used the back-carrying option A LOT recently while on our first vacation with a baby. lots of walks and croquet with a baby strapped to our backs. i always wear it while shopping, and he usually falls asleep.

there are loops on the side where you are supposed to thread the straps through, but it's a little hard to do when you are rushing around and the baby is wiggling. so i usually (unless back-carrying) skip them. the fabric is a heavy cotton which does pick up some lint but does not slide or slip like some other fabrics.

while putting it on people always try to assist me, but i am usually finished tying the knot when they reach for a strap. so it really is quick once you get the hang of it. my husband even will use it when we're outside.

the back-carry option is easy to use too and I LOVE IT! i'm able to cook dinner (yay!) or clean up the house (hoorah!), and again, the baby usually falls asleep when against his cozy mama. (i am able to maneuver him onto my back alone. but its great to have a second set of hands the first couple of times. or a mirror at least.)

hope this helps.