5.0 out of 5 stars Can't help my Infatuation, August 27, 2011
rmcrae (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infatuation (MP3 Music)
Pop diva Christina Aguilera's controversial 2002 record Stripped opened up and explored many facets of her personal life. Infatuation is a lively Latin track loosely based on her first love and former backup dancer Jorge Santos.

Preceded by an interlude spoken entirely in Spanish, Christina reflects on a mysterious guy who "intrigues me with every move/Til' I'm breathless, I'm helpless/Can't keep my cool." Her mother warns her to beware him: "She said, 'I gave my heart to soon/And that's how I became your mother!'" Chrissy assures her mom that she "never will let a man control my emotions", but you know she's in pretty deep. Faced with the decision to let him go or "let him take me to Puerto Rico", she follows her heart and goes for it.

Christina performed Infatuation for the first time at the 2002 Winter Olympics, leading fans to think it would be the record's debut. Personally, I think it would've made a better candidate than Dirrty. I get what she was going for with releasing a single and a video that would tear away her initial girl next door image, but it nearly cost her sales. Infatuation is frenzied and fun to dance to and Christina's impassioned vocals are on-point. Can you imagine how awesome the video could've been? But alas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo!, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Infatuation (MP3 Music)
This is my favorite album of hers so far. I love almost every song....There are only 5 I didn't care for...

Infatuation