Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ty Dolla Sign egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

on July 30, 2013
My husband I just got this stand and are very happy with it. We can still play CDs with the mount mounted, and the magnetic attachment system is super convenient -- easy on/off -- with just the right amount of magnetic force.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2013
I bought a couple of these types of mounts and this one was the best. The mountek in particular was bad and cheap. I use this mount with my nexus with a Cruizerlite case and it works great. It is plenty strong to hold up the nexus 7.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2013
Final update:

The seller's customer service is outstanding! Not only did they respond immediately, they kept me updated, sent me the new version quickly, and emailed again to make sure I received it.

There is very little jiggling with the new version, no more than I had with my GPS suction-mounted on my dashboard, when it actually stuck to the dashboard (couldn't put it on the windshield). I finally chucked that thing out the window one day because I was so tired of it falling off after 30 minutes. (It was a symbolic gesture: I was in my driveway and it landed on the grass.)

I started using my smartphone as a GPS, but I didn't feel safe picking it up to look at it, so I relied on the audio. And when I played music from my phone through my car stereo, I had to wait until I was at a stop light to fish around for it and pick it up so I could skip songs.

I'd been wanting a universal smartphone car mount, but I knew that if it was too much of a hassle to mount or get the phone on and off, I'd rarely use it.

This one is IT! So easy to mount, so easy to attach the phone, perfect viewing angle! I put the metal between my phone and its case, and you can't even tell it's there.

Original review and update:

I want to thank the reviewer who uploaded the photo of the old and new versions.

This just arrived, and immediately I could tell it was the OLD version. I then compared it to the photo just to be sure.

EDIT: What quick customer service! I will be receiving the new version. Yay!

I had to run to the store and tried it out. I drive a Honda Fit Sport and have an HTC Rezound. I inserted the regular battery in the Rezound because I wouldn't expect it to work with the extended battery (it's a brick with that thing).

Held my phone in place with no shifting around, both in portrait and landscape positions.

The placement in my car's CD player is excellent. I can angle my phone toward me and see it with a glance. The only thing that's covered up is the readout for the audio system. I rarely look at that anyway, as I just cycle through with the steering wheel controls.

I have changed my review to three stars pending receipt of the new, stable version of the mount.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2014
I have owned this phone holder for about 6 months, so feel I can give it an adequate review now.
The phone I am using is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and I drive a full size Ford truck on dirt roads frequently. I installed the mount in between cracks on the dash of my truck, as CD player installation would have been inconvenient for my everyday use. The mount works flawlessly there and holds the phone very securely.
The phone does not shake or vibrate during everyday highway driving, but occasionally while driving on a really bumpy dirt road the phone will shake and activate the "send feedback" mode. Again, this happens infrequently.
The mount comes with two carbon steel insert plates to choose from- one with adhesive backing and one without. My phone case fits tightly onto my phone with no room for the thin metal in between. I installed the adhesive side to the back of my phone case and it works great. Over 6 months of use, however, the black paint on the metal has rubbed/scratched off a bit so the shiny metal peeks through.
I am very impressed with this phone holder and would recommend it to anyone with any type of vehicle or phone.
review image review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2013
This is seriously the best car mount ever invented for a smartphone. I have galaxy note 3 and this mount is incredible.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2013
I use this with my iPhone 5s and my Honda Fit. There are so many things I like about this mount: the way it installs without messing up the dashboard, how clean it looks, how QUICK it is to attach the phone, how the phone can be at any angle, etc. There were three pleasant surprises:

1. It also works upside down, with the bracket below the car's CD slot. This worked better for me so it didn't block the A/C vents.

2. Since it's easily removable, I can take it along on a business trip and use it in a rental car.

3. And the best surprise of all: Combined with my Detachable Wallet Card Case & Back Cover, I didn't even have to attach the metal plate to the phone! When I get in the car, I take the phone from my magnet wallet and pop it on the dash.

A top notch product. Highly recommended.
on April 12, 2014
Had it for less than a week:

-Magnet really easy to use
-Didn't shake when going over rough terrain

-It broke in a week. Seriously.
review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2014
I was very happy with this at first. However, after only about a month of very light use, the neck broke off from the base as I was driving. I wasn't even touching it when it happened. After looking at it closer, the way the neck attaches to base appears to be woefully inadequate. It's just two small plastic cylinders. If they hadn't cheaped out on this crucial connection point, they would have had a great product. I am going to try to super glue it back together, but I'm not optimistic that will last long, especially in a hot car.
on September 23, 2013
I use this phone holder for my Note II. My Note is big, somewhat heavy in its case, and I was worried this would not hold it. I don't drive on rocky terrain, but I do hit my share of potholes and this thing has never failed me in the 6 weeks or so that I've had it. My wife tried it out for her Samsung S4 and I had to buy her one or risk losing mine. There may be better ones out there, but I haven't found one. It's secure, easy to slip your phone on to it and remove it, it maintains your access to you connections such as a output plug and a charger, in short, it does all you could ask for. I'd get another if I ever lose this one, and that's about as good as endorsement as I could give.
on December 11, 2013
Like (almost) everyone else, I think this is a very good car mount. When I have it mounted as tightly as I dare to turn the screw, it feels solid and has no trouble passing the railroad track test. There is some bounce but not enough that its a problem for me. The magnets in the mount are strong enough that I have no fear of it falling off. Except for this not charging, it brings back memories of when I mounted a Touchstone in my car to hold and charge my Palm Pre (which was the best phone ever!) The face of the mount is easily positioned enough that the phone can be turned toward the driver.

Before you put this in your car for the first time, I recommend turning the screw as far as it will go. When I mounted it there was loud groaning and creaking after only modestly tightening. I took it out expecting to see that I had cracked my dash only then realizing it was the mount making this noise and that there was no harm done.

To use this with my phone, I also ordered the Nokia CC-1043 cover. The mount comes with a thin metal plate that I put in the cover then put the cover on my phone. Because the back of this phone is curved, situating the metal plate as high as I could without blocking the camera caused the cover to bulge a little at the bottom of the cut-out on the back. The plate is thin enough that giving it a slight bend will make it sit flat on the back of the phone. Bulge gone. The phone can me mounted portrait or landscape and is solid in either orientation. Perhaps it goes without saying but I wondered if a magnet behind the phone would cause problems with GPS and it has not for me.

Unfortunately, the metal plate in this position interferes with the Nokia wireless charging plate, which is a Qi standard plate. This is a problem for me. I found that if I turned the metal plate with a long side lined up to the bottom of my phone, it would charge. Putting a slight bend in the metal plate (on the opposite axis as discussed above) allows the plate to sit flat against the phone except that the plate, being almost as tall as the phone is wide, is a hair too long to allow the cover to fit correctly. Cutting about 1/8" off the plate takes care of this problem. With the plate this low on the phone, the phone cannot be mounted in landscape orientation. It won't fall off but its too far off center and will start to rotate on the mount. This also puts the phone quite high in the car but the mount can be put into the CD slot upside-down to help with this.

If you don't use a wireless charger, this is an ideal mount. Mounting by magnets is secure and far and away more convenient than alternative methods. The location of my otherwise unused CD slot is also more of a desirable location than a windshield mount and there's no way I was going to use a permanent dash mount. I paid more for the HTC Evo mount and hated how hard it was to put the phone in the mount. If you're a frequent traveler and use your phone for GPS, this is the mount you want. The wireless charging problem was unfortunate but I don't consider it a design flaw of this mount. Its was also easy for me to work around. Compare the location of the wireless charging coil in your phone to mine to see if you can work around it the same way.

Hope this helps.