Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I gave this to my lovely fiancee for her use and this is her considered review... I hope it is helpful...

WARNING: I read the directions for this beauty tool before I actually plugged it in and used it so don't let the instructions confuse you. You're told of a few buttons (L, R, C) that make no sense whatsoever until you actually have it in your hot little hands and use it on your hair.

Having just changed hairstyles and committing to a shorter (A-line at top of neck), more layered cut, this curling iron really fits the bill. My hair is very fine, but wavy, and my challenge since getting my new cut is that I can never seem to get the back of my hair to look as curled and "polished" as the sides because of the awkward angles. I'm happy to report that the Curl Innovation has proven to be the solution for this problem. And here's why ...

This tool pretty much does everything for you, once you secure your pieces of hair in the clamp and push the L or R (Left/Right) button. These little magical buttons do the twirling/curling, to the right or the left, depending on which side of your head you're curling. FYI - this CAN be problematic if you choose to have your curls go in more than one direction, so be careful. I gave the buttons a quick push to see which way they decided to twirl and then committed to the L or R. The C button returns the clamp to its neutral position for the actual clamping of the locks of hair and that's where the clamp should be at the beginning of each curl. By the way, another plus is that the clamp is coated in silicone, making tangles a non-issue.

I always use product on my hair prior to curling so that the curls stay all day, and with the Tourmaline Ceramic coating on the barrel, the product won't become a thick coating on the tool because the curling itself on this very hot surface is very quick. Speaking of "hot" - be careful of setting on High if you have fine hair; there's no need since Curl Innovation's version of "Low" is really more of a "Medium" heat. The "High" is extremely hot and should only be used for very thick and hair that doesn't curl easily. My curls came out very soft and shiny, which is always a plus.

It heats up in 30 seconds and also has Auto Shut Off so for those "blonde" days where you might forget to turn off the switch, it does it for you. My previous curling iron didn't even have an On/Off button, so I was constantly plugging and unplugging it (and sometimes forgetting to do both).

I'm excited (and relieved) that I've found a great tool for my new 'do.
VINE VOICEon July 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My hair is very fine and shoulder length and I've never found a curling iron that was simple for me to handle and left my hair "curled" for longer than an hour or so, but this is the best I've owned.

This curling iron works well on my hair type (fine), and my hair stays curled for most of the day with just a little mouse used before drying. The (L)- left and (R) right setting allows you to have your curl/wavy going in the direction you choose (how cool is that)? The iron heats up very fast 30-60 seconds it seems and that means I can be out of the house very quickly while using this before work.

My minor complaints are (2) - the shorter pieces of my hair do slip out of the barrel, but since most of my hair is the same (longer length) it is not a big deal. The other issue was that while I am grateful there is an auto-shut off, a must for me, it takes about an hour before it will turn itself off it seems -- way too long IMO. Seems like 15 minutes, would be much safer. Despite these (2) issues, I'd still recommend this item...try it.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Infiniti Pro by Conair Curl Innovation Curling Iron with Rotating Clamp is pretty cool. The fact that it's such a cool color of purple is a real plus! And it heats up fast.

I really like the rotation feature. The only thing I would caution you about it is to make sure that any hair you don't want to curl doesn't get caught at the base of the barrel. The first time I used it, a few stray hairs got caught up in there and YOWL! it was a tad painful and a little bit of a pain to get out. I'm just more careful now and make sure I clip any hair not being curled out of the way. Easy enough.

Like some of the other reviewers, it would be nice if there was a middle point for the heat setting. Low is a bit too low and high is way too high. Still, not a deal breaker. My hair is pretty fine so I keep it on low and after I roll my hair, hold it for a few extra seconds. It does create lovely curls.

While some other reviewers complained that the clamp doesn't hold the hair on the barrel well enough, I'm actually glad it isn't a tighter clamp. I've had curling irons with iron clad clamps that left a crease in my hair making me look like an idiot. If my hair happens to slip out, I just put it back and start rolling again. I have found that sometimes rolling the barrel in one direction will cause my hair to become loose and fall from under the clamp more than rolling it in the other direction. Play around with it and see what works for you.

Or twisting it around the barrel a couple times before releasing the clamp works too. No big deal. Having to go back to electric curlers would be a big deal. Or, shudder, soup can sized hair curlers and bonnet hair dryers! NOOOOO! Your hair slips out, do it over. Shrug.

Works as well with products you put in your hair for extra hold before you curl it as well as those you spray on afterwards.

And it's purple! I love it!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There's several great aspects about this curling iron ~
1. It heats up quick ~ 30 seconds or less, (two settings ~ high/low/off button)
2. It's light-weight and feels comfortable & balanced to hold.
3. The 1" tourmaline coated-ceramic barrel makes a pretty cork-screw curl.
4. Four nice plastic clips come with the iron & are use-full with the iron,
as well as root lift when either air drying, or blow drying

This iron gets very hot, (it doesn't say how hot) so even though hotter heat sets a curl more,
I personally will be very cautious about using this iron on high.
I have long, coarse hair ~ past my shoulders, but I've had it thinned, so I'll be using a heat protectant lotion.

FUNCTIONALITY:
1. The clamp is said to be a 'non-slip silicone strip' but it doses slip, badly.
It won't grasp/hold my hair between it and the barrel on auto, no matter how small or large the amount of hair.
I found I need to wrap my hair a full wrap around, or more, for it to grasp and turn a curl.
Perhaps because the ceramic barrel is so slick, and/or the clamp isn't strong enough.
Also ~ I've found it's easy to get my hair caught in the gap between the handle & the bottom side of the rotating clamp.

2. The iron could use an improved, more substantial stand.
It's stand is quite short, so a person needs to stay alert to avoid burns on their lavatory top.
(The iron gets hot enough that I would be concerned it's capable of damaging our lavatory foe marble finish)

3. The iron has a 60 minute auto shut off which seems a bit long considering how hot it gets.

CONCLUSION:
Over-all this is a fairly good curling iron (better then 'off the shelf') but a couple of features could be improved on.
For me, the $50.00 price calls for the 'non-slip clamp', to actually be 'non-slip' ~ there-fore I can only say ~ I like it,
as opposed to ~ if the clamp worked ~ I'd love it,

Comes with a 5 year warranty.
VINE VOICEon June 26, 2013
Positives:
1) Heats up quickly
2) The rotating barrel. I have a lot of hair, and you would not think that my wrists get tired but they do. Plus it's just cool.
3) The curls last for hours, and my hair doesn't even hold curl well.
4) It comes with clips.
5) It produces even (I think it's the auto rotator) bouncy curls.

Negatives:
1) My hair tends to fall out of the clamp when using the rotator function. Minor irritation.
2) Only two settings? High and Low.
3) Due to the rotator's design when I put the curlier down, often it would rotate of its own accord.

Notes: You can't really tell from the picture, but this iron is a bright purple.
VINE VOICEon July 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Over the years, I've used a number of curling irons, from Conair and other manufacturers. One of the things I've noted is that some are easier to use (and more effective) than others and that this is not always about the product itself, but about one's own dexterity and the physical ease (or lack of it) of wielding an item that you need to place on bits of your hair, all over your head. And also, the type of hair you have and its length. (The effect of these tools on thin versus thick hair, on straight versus slightly wavy hair differs.)

That's a long way of saying that some of us are better at manipulating these tools successfully, while some of us are not. Sometimes it's us, sometimes it's the tool and sometimes it's a combination of both. Sometimes, it's just a bad match of hair (length, thickness) with tool and one's expectations (as in you expect more from a rotating wand curling iron than a non-rotating one where you have to do the work of curling/shaping.).

I experimented with this and managed to get the curls/waves I wanted but I could just as easily have used any number of curling irons (without rotating wands) to achieve the same effect in the same, or less time. As a lark, I asked a friend to use it on my hair. She achieved even better results, and more quickly, which makes me think that for some folks, this product is more effective in the hands of another who is wielding it on your hair!

Things you want to consider:
>Length of your hair: Unless you want to risk rolling up onto your scalp, I wouldn't use this on very short hair. I've got medium length, wavy (and medium-thick) hair that curls easily and holds its curls. I didn't have any problems with hair falling out as others noted, but I used smallish sections of my hair. I can see how someone with thin hair could have it fall out.

>Your own dexterity in holding and using a device where the "wand" rotates. It's really easy to hit the wrong button (left rotate when you want right)and have the hair rotate up and out when you want it under (Think flip versus bob style.). This is due to location of the buttons and which hand you're using in regards to where you are placing on your hair/head. I'm right-handed so it was easier to curl hair on the left side of my head. It was a bit trickier, when I held the curling iron in my right hand and tried to curl the hair on my right side. I tried holding it in my left hand but that was a non-starter.

>Your willingness to experiment with it until you get what you want. Some folks just want to plug it in and have it work. This may not be the case with this unit. However, after you master it, it may end up saving you time and provide "better" curls/waves compared to other products you use. It's very subjective.

On the upside:
>Heats up quickly (I used it on low and my hair set very easily.)
>Provided you use it properly, you will be able to create a variety of curls and waves.

Can be problematic:
>Can get very hot so you want to watch where you place it.
>You can easily wind too quickly and end up with too tight or misplaced curls. And in some cases, if you don't hit the right buttons, you'll end up with a flip of hair rather than a wave.
>You have to play around with how much hair can be clipped and held without falling out. Depending on length and thickness of your hair, and where you want curls, you could find yourelf having to repeatedly clip/curl, which could extend amount of time needed to finish the job on a whole head of hair
>The labels of L (left) and R(right) are misleading. It's more about hair winding under (in) versus out (up). You have to experiment. Of course, if you're looking to flip the ends of your hair, this unit offers a faster and perhaps better method than a regular curling iron.

Before you buy, ask yourself:
> If you're already using a non-rotating curling iron and it does a good job for you, do you need a rotating curling iron?

I gave it three stars because for me, I can achieve the same results with existing, non-rotating curling irons I already own.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When it's working right, there's a lot to like about this curling iron. It heats up fast, the rotating clamp is a fun feature that makes curling hair just a little easier, it produces nice curls, and the curling iron looks nice. But there are three problems:

1. The big problem is that the clamp won't hold my hair consistently. My hair slips out quite often. I have shoulder-length layered hair that's on the thin side.

2. The placement of the controls is not the greatest-- I kept bumping onto the rotation buttons when I didn't mean to.

3. The high heat setting gets too hot. I was just using it for a minute when my daughter said, "Mommy, why is smoke coming out of your hair?"

I hope Conair fixes these issues, because I do like the rotating clamp feature... it made it less awkward to try to get the right curls.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First off, I must state the obvious: As a male member of the United States Army, I have not used the curling iron (My hair is less than a quarter inch long), but my wife did, so my review will be based off of her comments and reaction to the product. Her biggest gripe with the iron was what just about every other reviewer has written, which is that the clamp does not hold on to her hair. She added hairspray to try and alleviate the problem, but this did not work. She loves the idea of the spinning motor, but with the clamp letting go of her hair, it failed to produce the results. She did mention that it heated up quickly and she liked the location of the buttons. Although she didn't like how it worked, I have to say, I thought her hair looked very cute when she was done. Would I spend $50 dollars on this? No. Will my wife use it, now that we have it? Yes. It's your call on whether to buy it or not.
VINE VOICEon August 20, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've got pretty long hair that is on the thick side and I fussed and fussed with this curling iron, but did eventually curl all my hair with this item.

While I know that this fluxuates, my biggest issue is the price vs performance. If I'm paying more than $30 for a curling iron, I expect a bit more from it than I would the $20 one I can pick up at a local big box store.

The curling iron heats up in a reasonable time and features two heat settings, high and low.

The most interesting feature, in my opinion, is not the rotating barrel, but the rubberized strips that line the inside and outside of the hair clamp part. They are designed to help hold your hair in place, but it seems to do the exact opposite by preventing the clamp from securely holding your hair down to the barrel. It seems like making a stronger spring would eliminate the need for the strips, but maybe not.

The curling process is a bit of a trick to get down because I am so used to either using a curling wand where you wrap your hair around the barrel or a traditional curling iron that you spin in your hand. For this tool, you just push the left or right button, depending on which way you want the curl to lay. When you are finished, you can rotate it the opposite way just a bit and then release it from the curling iron. There is a "center" button you can push that brings the curling iron back to the middle.

The issues that I ran into included getting my hair caught around the motor that spins and not getting a good grip on the section of hair that I was attempting to curl. I didn't have enough issues to prevent me from doing my hair, but it was kind of annoying to deal with.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been using the Infinitipro Spin Air Rotating Styler, Black daily for a couple years. I recall when I first tried the rotating brush I got frustrated until I got the feel for it. This rotating curling iron was a bit of a learning curve for me, so I am sure that anyone who has not used a rotating hair tool in the past will need to take their time and practice.

The beauty of rotating hair tools is they don't maintain constant damaging heat on your hair.

> Users need to understand that although this looks like a typical curling iron, it's definitely not.
> The clamp is NOT intended to keep your hair immobilized.
> The clamp is there to guide your hair just to get the section started.

The previous reviewers that complained that the clamp didn't hold their hair tight enough, fail to understand that it is not designed to do so. The rotation allows you to shape your curls in pretty long twirling locks, vs a traditional curling iron roll up & roll down.
With practice you may learn to love this as much as I do. This a a great tool to add to my hair styling collection.
Heats up quickly, spins smoothly, silicone is smooth so no tangles, curls really hold all day. Controls are easy to use once you understand them, and the placement is just fine for me.
The unit I received is deep purple colored.