5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies, get THIS instead of The Perfecter
Published 17 months ago by The Secret Ingredient

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Hot
This hot brush is a good size. Should only be used on the lowest setting, which is simply "on." The red teeth heat up, which is not necessary. I think it would be safer to have none of the teeth heated - do away with the red ones - I kept burning myself. Will keep this product, but it could be better.

Thanks
Published on October 4, 2009 by Gail A. Devine

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies, get THIS instead of The Perfecter, October 3, 2013
This review is from: Infiniti Pro by Conair 1" Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Brush (Health and Beauty)
I had my credit card out, and I was alllllllmost about to order the outrageously overpriced Perfecter, but at the last minute I thought "Hey, maybe I should check Amazon and see if they have anything like this". And this is it! Now, I know several people here are having issues with the heat, but I'm thinking that maybe they don't understand that the lowest setting is simply ON. Just turn it on and don't bother with the little +/- temp buttons. If that isn't hot enough, THEN you can crank it up to the next level (which is 310).

What about the heated red bristles, you ask? Well, not a problem if you use the longer black bristles against your head first (like a comb). It's hard to describe what I mean, but since the black bristles are longer, if you pick up a piece of hair and place the brush next to your scalp with a row of black bristles touching your scalp, and then slowly comb up and out, you get a lot of lift & volume without getting burned. You're not supposed to use this like a standard curling iron (eg. rolling hair up from the ends to the very top of your scalp). It's top to bottom, NOT bottom to top. ;) Basically, just use it like the demonstrations you've seen of The Perfecter, and you'll be good to go. I have very fine, limp hair, and this curling brush is the answer to my prayers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Hot, October 4, 2009

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars best "HOT" curling brush ever, March 11, 2009
This is an excellent "HOT" curling brush or you can even straighten your hair with it. I have moderately curly hair and I have always wanted to smooth it out a little yet leaving some lofty curls at the end of my hair and this is the first product that has been able to do that for me. I have tried straighteners and they feel and smell like they are scorching my hair. Conair has developed a great product, try it, you will like it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Read Before Buying, May 15, 2008
I wish that I had read the reviews before I bought this item. I have used these types of brushes for 20 years. I wanted to try the new ceramic style brush so I bought this one. The problem is that it is so hot that I cannot use it, even on the low setting. I have burned my scalp, neck and ears. I regret having spent this much money for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too hot, not too cold...JUST Right, June 8, 2012
CAring4u (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
Okay, just like Goldilocks, I tried so many. Some were too hot, some were too cold, but this was was JUST RIGHT for my hair. I have medium length fine, but somewhat curly hair. Not too curly, but, since the 80s are over it is still too curly to be left completely alone. (if your hair is like that you'll understand. If you lived through the 80s, you'll definitely understand...otherwise you never will...sorry) Anyway, especially when it is humid I have to tame this mane. This product does that! Yes, the red thingys get got, but they are shorter than the black thingys which is generally all that touches my head. My fingers sometimes touch the red thingys, but, instinctively I am learning NOT TO TOUCH THE RED THINGYS! I'm clever like that. If it had too many more thingys, I'm afraid it would get tangled in my mane of hair and that would be bad because, as we've all established the red thingy's get really HOT! So far, no tangling. As others have pointed out, it I can do my hair in half the time of my old Helen of Troy "only the barrel gets hot, not the thingys" type of brush curling iron. That one, too, was designed by the same genius who thought putting the on/off button on the handles right where you grip with your fingers was a good idea. But, I will agree with you all, that the sensitivity of this on/off button makes its location even more of a hassle. Again, though, I am trainable and am learning not to turn it off and to check it to make sure I haven't turned it off while I am using it. Because it heats so fast, it's turning out not to be as big a headache as I expected. However, if Conair is listening (which I doubt) they will put a little plastic door type cover over the on/off button so we don't have this problem. Sheesh! How hard would that be? Okay, so I give it 4 stars because it does what it should and I took one away for the button placement. If you are not sure what "Tourmaline Ceramic Hot..." really means, you may not be ready for the concept of this brush. It's HOT, but sometime you just need HOT to do the job properly. When you need it, you need it. If you don't, then use another tool. If you have struggled day after day to do your hair with the old Helen of Troy tool, you'll know when you are ready for something that is HOT and fast. Then you'll go buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A curling brush that women of color can use, September 14, 2012
I applaud Conair for coming up with hair tools that women of color can use successfully. For years I have looked for products that can be used on my hair, none of them where hot enough until I tried this one. It works wether my hair is freshly relaxed or in desperate need of relaxing. It straightens and curls. It may be too hot if you have fine hair and they make another curling brush whose teeth do not heat, that may be the one for you. This one, however, is the one for me and is the reason why me and my girls have several of their styling implements in our bathrooms.

2.0 out of 5 stars Conair Touramaline Ceramic Hot Brush, April 28, 2008
The problem with this hot brush it that it is much too hot to use when on even at the lowest temperature setting. I like the size and how it works in my hair but the only way I can use it is to heat it for 30 seconds as directed and then turn it off. After a short time I can use it until it cools down. I have no idea why Conair designed it to be this way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here is a trick not to burn your scalp., March 15, 2014
I am an X cosmologist and I am use to using a Marcel curling iron and they get very hot. As soon as I read the review on it; that it was too hot! I had to order it.

I wear my hair it a bob and curl at the ends also it is perm to give it volume. Usually I blow out my wet hair and smooth it with a round brush and then curl it. But I found I can air dry or if I am in a hurry I can blow it out. If anyone ever have blown out a perm you know how fuzzy it gets. Because you can use this as a flat iron to smooth out your hair, you can also curl it at the same time.

Because I don’t have the time to spend on my hair I usually have my hair done in 15 to 20 minute and that is from the time I blow it out and curl it. If you don’t work as fast as I do put it on a lower setting, here is a trick you can do and I used it in the hair salon I always laid a comb on the scalp and the curling iron barrel on top of the comb. I never burn anybody scalp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best electric curling "brush" I've found., December 28, 2012
Not a brush with traditional brissels, but rather more like teeth. Heats nearly instantly -- very long cord -- many heat settings. have purchased one for each home because the iron does what it is designed to do -- turn and curve the hair -- or make it curley without curling iron marks! Highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Infiniti by Conair Hot brush, April 12, 2008
I am very satisfied with my new hot brush. It heats quickly and does not tangle in hair. I did not get a tight enough curl to use it on freshly shamooed hair, but I have very
fine hair and this may be the reason. After being curled previously with regular iron, the brush works great