Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Style Name: Subwoofer|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$199.99+ Free shipping

VINE VOICEon November 15, 2006
After installing a new head unit and upgraded speakers, I found the improvement over the factory stereo to be very worthwhile. But I soon realized I was missing something: Bottom End. The tweeters and midranges are great but without solid bass, it just wasn't complete. My home system has a full range of sound, and the bass is so solid you can feel it. I needed this in the Jeep!

Asking around, I learned that enclosed, self-powered subwoofers are a good choice for Jeeps because of the space-savings. One name kept coming up - Infinity Basslink.

This item fits in the small area behind the rear seat of a Jeep Wrangler with no trouble - even if you have the Add-A-Trunk. It is easy to run the power and speaker leads back to the unit and tie them into the main stereo. Of course you can have a technician do it but if you can wire your home stereo, this is the same deal.

I installed mine with a little extra wire in case I need to move it higher when crossing streams.

Sound? This thing KICKS! It is tight, accurate, and gives that extra bottom-end I was looking for. Get this - you will have no regrets!
review image review image review image review image
1010 comments|134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2016
Worked great and had enough bass to thump in the trunk, but not rumble the whole block. It added the perfect amount of bass for me.

However I purchased it back in April of 2015 and it recently crapped out on me (January 2016). It has a year warranty, but we'll see how customer service is. The fuse of the subwoofer was blown, but replacing it did nothing. I looked at the circuitry and noticed a capacitor was blown, specifically a 1000uf 80v capacitor. I'm assuming that these Chinese capacitors are the main reason all the other reviewers' subwoofers are dying. If you possess the soldering skill and it is out of warranty, I would highly suggest getting yourself a nice Japanese made Nichicon 1000uf 80v capacitor and replacing the blown one. Also don't forget to replace the 20amp fuse that has probably blown as well. Both items will cost less than $5 and your subwoofer should last years after that, assuming no other electronics break.
review image
on July 28, 2012
O.K. this thing sounds great, but as many others have stated 13 months after my purchase & 1 month out of warranty it fried. I ignored all the other reviews and thought " they had something wired wrong. etc". Not so!! I'm 54 years old have been installing car stereo systems since 1976. I am an electrical engineer. My system is not state of the art but it consists of all quality components and it is wired solid. The head unit wasn't even turned up. I was talking on the phone and the stereo was turned all the way down, I turned my car off, 1 hour later I get in my car, turn it on and I hear a loud "thud" I turn the music up and guess what, no bass. The servo light is blinking a slow continuous pattern and no sound.
I call Infinity ( Harman) tech support and explain the situation, I added that a search of on the internet indicated I was not alone. The women says "email me the receipt and explanation of the problem and I will give it to my manager. We will get back to you within 2 days. Well it's been 10 days and no word.
LISTEN people trust the reviews.
Now I read a bunch of reviews about the Pioneer TS SWX251 10 SHALLOW SERIES PRELOADED ENCLOSURE $135.00 and an inexpensive Boss Audio R1100M Mosfet Monoblock Power Amplifier $60.00
All reviews were stellar.
They should arrive next week, I will update this review with that info in a few months.
In the mean time
DON'T BUY THIS INFINITY SUB, YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!!

8-19-2012:
First off still no word from Harman customer service.
Second, I've been using the Pioneer TS SWX251 10 SHALLOW SERIES PRELOADED ENCLOSURE $135.00 and the Boss Audio R1100M Mosfet Monoblock Power Amplifier $60.00 as a replacement, so far GREAT! I'm glad the Infinity Bass Link blew. This set up was just as easy to install and it sounds way better. The Pioneer hits hard and it's tight.
So if you are like me and searching reviews to help figure out what to buy, don't buy the Bass Link but rather purchase the Pioneer TS SWX251 10 SHALLOW SERIES PRELOADED ENCLOSURE $135.00 and an inexpensive Boss Audio R1100M Mosfet Monoblock Power Amplifier $60.00
Rock On!
1515 comments|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2007
These days it's such a great thing to get a product and it exceeds your expectations, this is one of them.

What a workhorse this product is and takes up such a small area (about 1 square foot)

It kicks out so much bass, it's amazing, unless you want to rattle the car next to you, this is the sub you need

I listen to everything from the beatles to broadway to dance music, sounds incredible, plenty of settings so you can fine tune it.

ENJOY
on September 5, 2011
I installed this to replace the stock FJ Cruiser subwoofer. I knew the factory unit was wimpy, but I didn't know how wimpy until I installed the Infinity Basslink. I had a choice of other FJ after market monstrosity subwoofers, most requiring separate amps, and self contained and elegant Basslink. The Basslink produced a clean bottom and will go louder than is enjoyable. With all that said, this unit broke in less than eight weeks - it blows its fuse. It was installed properly, I know what I'm doing. After Internet research this appears to be a common problem with the Basslink. I was a little concerned about the design of the internal amp with vibration and proximity to the speaker magnet. I don't have time for the drama of returning it for service. Instead, I bolted an external Pioneer momo amp to the Basslink and use it for a stylish speaker enclosure. The Poineer has lots more head room at 800 watts so it sounds even better. For me this is a big disapointment from Infinity, I hope my new Infinity KAPPAFOUR amp holds up better.
review image review image
on April 16, 2015
This thing is pretty good while it works; unfortunately, they fail at a pretty high rate. If you take apart a failed unit you will find several blown capacitors and/or MOSFETs. You may be able to repair it but it's not worth your time. My first one lasted 3 years ; the second only 14 months. And if you look at the AMP they put in there you will see it is not very good quality and not particularly well built either.
on September 12, 2014
This is the second one of these I have owned. The first one lasted almost 8 years, and was transferred between three different trucks. I see some reviews where these haven't lasted nearly as long for some people, and I can only assume that is from having it cranked all the way up and having the crossover improperly set for a long period of time. I never had to turn mine up more than 30% to get all the bass I needed.
on March 6, 2014
I must admit I was really happy after installing the thing. The quality lacks but hey, you get what you paid for. What I'm mostly bothered about it that after owning this thing for six months, it began popping. It's really loud and can scare the hell out of me and a passenger, especially if it happens when you're reversing. For a while, I thought it had to do with the installation so I took it back to the professional installers and they couldn't find anything. I then googled Basslink popping a boom, there it is. Forum after forum of people complaining about the popping sound since 2009. I know a lot of audio shops discontinued the Infinity Basslink because they were bad and I thought that had to do with the quality but no, it's because they do not last at all. Some people are lucky to get three years, I got six months, and the last month using it was more and more annoying
on March 26, 2015
This may be my first negative review. The Basslink sounded great until a month after the warranty expired. Full rich sound paired with my Alpine head unit. I don't turn it up that loud - a lot of classical music and soft rock. Like so many others I thought my experience would be different since I'm 57 and drive a full size car with a soft ride. Not the kind that abuses my stuff. I see a lot more similar reviews since I bought mine. $200 for 13 months of use. Going in the trash. I recommend avoiding this poorly engineered product.
on September 4, 2008
As with most other reviews I found this sub to an impressive little guy. It is built well on the outside, it comes with multiple mounts for horizontal or vertical mounting and the remote db gain is nice. After a good bit of research like others, I decided this was the one for my needs. Again like most I was looking to fill out the lows not anger the neighbors. I am past that now just as the need for huge bass. Now for the truth. Most reviews are shortly after the purchase with the exception of the last post. Which I might add that I am happy for him and his speaker's longevity. I however cannot make that statement. Let me start by saying I take care not to abuse electronics or motors, it's kind of weird but if you are taking the time to read these reviews I think you understand. It seemed that the day my warranty expired so did my trusty sub. So off to contacting Infinity. Well good luck with that. I thought there were synonymous with great customer service, you know being in Lexus's and all that. Well that just is not true. I can't tell you how poorly I was treated. Really it was just lack of any treatment really. I am in the market for a new one now and it won't be basslink.
1616 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse