5.0 out of 5 stars All you the subwoofer you need + some!
Published on July 26, 2011 by homethtraddict

1.0 out of 5 stars Crackling noise
Published 17 months ago by Jim Kane

5.0 out of 5 stars All you the subwoofer you need + some!, July 26, 2011
This review is from: Infinity Primus 12-Inch 400-Watt Powered Subwoofer (Black) (Electronics)
Unless your a millionaire with thousands to blow, this sub is all you freakin need for your house. It will rock your socks. It delivers smooth, clean bass with enough bass for your friends to borrow. Before this sub I owned a JBL 12" sub. It was good but this Infinity is GREAT. With the sub being the most important piece of your surround system(or center channel) a good powered sub will make or break your system. This one had definitely made mine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crackling noise, July 11, 2013
I give one star as mine is nearing imminent death most likely. When it was without the crackling noise and my worry, it was a four star rating from me. I will be moving on to sealed subs in the future for tighter response, and this crackling sound is leaving it unsellable to my personal belief. It has never left this room and I may just give it away as I have a subwoofer from the 90's that is still churning away beautifully to swap with. Your mileage may vary. I loved it before it started the crackling. Paperweigh, more like anchor. I had the Primus 7.1 matching set, and have moved on with those as well, too bright sounding, near excruciating. Harmon Kardon = Infinity Primus

5.0 out of 5 stars This sub rocks the House, February 1, 2013
This review is more about Harmon, the company that makes the sub. Of course the speaker is awsome, but when my speaker arrived, I didn't notice that the speaker grill left and right bottom corners were broken. I pretty much assume, that this happened in shipping. Well I emailed infinity, and told them I just purchased the speaker, and didn't noticed the broken grill, until a week later. They had me fax my invoice, to prove I purchased the speaker, and promptly sent me another speaker grill, after recieving the invoice. I just have to say, that is good customer service, I have more than $2000 sunk into infinity speakers, on my home theater, and the system sounds really good. Again props to Infinity/Harmon for stepping up and making it right. Thanks Harmon.
Oh if you need a great sub, this one is the one to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sub, February 27, 2013
My last Infinity sub lasted about ten years and the amp just had enough and burned up. I can say during those ten years, it didn't have it easy. With that said, I bought this one to replace it and am pretty confident I will see the same long lasting performance out of this one for the next ten. For under 500 bucks, you can't beat this sub.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best subwoofer on the market for this price, November 10, 2012
I have had 2 of these over the years now and wow you can not beat the awesome sound for this price point.
A 12" sub is just what you need for your home entertainment center. My room is 20'x30' and when watching a movie the pictures on the walls shake and have fallen. :) Totally AWESOME!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Boom boom boom !!!, February 14, 2012
Well musically speaking no boom boom, it just plays the cleanest, deepest bass. You just can't go wrong with this, not many subs at this price point with this power output. Also it is substantial, you will feel like you have a sub at home!

Few leasons learned: Placement of subwoofer is absolutely critical so that there won't be any sound waves cancelling out each other. Like me I would assume everyone will have limitation of where to put it in living room, unless it is in a dedicated entertainment room where you have more fexibility. This kind of reduces its usability. Next thing is if the room is not big enough, this sub would reduce the overall sound quality. Smaller sub produce tighter bass and sound better at lower volume. Some thing to think about if you are considering buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars From Hear to Infinity., January 7, 2013
I am biased, I love Infinity. Until a hydro substation explosion got past my surge protectors and took them out, my four Reference towers (RS IIIb’s up front and RS 4B’s in the rear) gave me almost 30 years of phenomenal service. Granted, like the Infinites, my new Mirage OMD towers didn’t really require much help, but, I wanted to supplement them with a little extra, at least for home theater duties ... but the sub had to be musical. That meant I needed exceptional transient response. For me, anything larger than 12" in a home sub-woofer means Doppler effect. The metal matrix cone is an added bonus, especially if the driver is being pushed to the limit, (Maximum strength for the weight.) and this sub has more than enough power to control the excursions. Most subs are “loud and proud.” This sub is musically transparent, even as it rips your house apart. E. Power Biggs, Virgil Fox, Toccata and Fugue in D Miner, Rock On, DTS anything ... it’s a steal!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
ray (United States) - See all my reviews
My neighbor doesn't like it as much as I do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, October 31, 2012
Very loud and full bass. Pictures fall of the shelves, love it, my wife doesn't. Great for home theater or listening to music. Looks nice in a living-room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal on a great item, July 31, 2014
Great deal on a great item. Almost too much for my front room. Had to lower the level to avoid bass overpowering the sound. Love everything Infinity makes.

Infinity Primus 12-Inch 400-Watt Powered Subwoofer (Black)
$499.95 $399.95