5.0 out of 5 stars Balanced and Great Sound, Excellent Value
I ordered P362's from Electronic Expo and they sent these P363's instead. Although functionally the same, it's a newer model with a full front grill. No complaints from me!

Published on March 22, 2011 by Eddie Chu

2.0 out of 5 stars Over hyped
Published 3 months ago by S. Sullivan

5.0 out of 5 stars Balanced and Great Sound, Excellent Value, March 22, 2011
Eddie Chu (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infinity Primus P363 Three-way dual 6-1/2-Inch Floorstanding Speaker (Black, Each) (Electronics)

These replace a pair of Klipsch two-way floor speakers as my front pair of 7.1 surround. The improvements are definitely obvious. Even my wife, who doesn't care about these things, notices the clarity of sound from these P363's.

The highs are not as bright as the Klipsch's, but I suspect it's because it's more accurate. The mid's are, wow! There is great clarity and does not sound strained at all even at high volumes.

The bass is good, but the need for a sub for the low movie rumbles is obvious. I mistakenly played the Tron Legacy mkv file on a two-channel setting. When I realized my mistake and switched to surround and activated the sub, the difference was obvious. For music, however, the bass is just fine without the sub. Music is actually more natural without the low rumble.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the purchase. I'm sure there are better speakers but the P363's are just fine for me. I don't think I'll get better sound than what I get from these for the price. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Try them first in your environment and set-up before judging!, May 9, 2013
I bought 2 of these about 7 months ago at $99 each - then, at the end of April '13, I went back and bought 2 more at $107 each! I am very pleased with all genres of music experienced, with only a small tweaks here and there for vocals, more bass, or acoustical performances. I have no regrets, these are much more neutral than my older bose, studio monitors, and misc speakers i have used thruoughout the years in various rooms/environments. I am very happy, and they still freak me out while listening to them as certain sounds and voices appear to come out of nowhere and surprise the heck out of me! What i love most is i do not feel or hear directional sounds unless built into effects of sound production, ala hendrix pan from left to right speaker, et al. I just feel surrounded by sound with no particular heavy directional presence with four in corners of my med-large living room. I do not have a subwoofer unit for rumbling effects, but i have plenty of bass in neutral settings (esp for movie soundtracks), and if i really want bass in music recordings, i just tweak setting or hit bass enhancement switch on tube amp i use at the moment. Truly a fine experience for the bucks involved, and i like the looks of them with my black furniture and accent art. I say a great deal and highly recommend, keeping in mind personal taste and environment. (My first pair has well over 100 hours of play, and boom quite well when those frequencies are present or desired by adjustment.) Good Luck.

ps. I did monitor the Klipsch line in about this price range or higher before sale price of P363s AND i was way happy with what i heard coming from the Infinitys in audio showroom. Both are great, but i liked the look and their sound, as well as a bit of saving with the P363's. I am not a novice to sound and production, and well aware of various models and technologies over the decades. Nice to know trickle down tech is paying off in these modest speakers like all other type of products over the last 10+ years.

Hope you find YOUR dream set-up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Speaker, September 16, 2013
I find these Infinity Primus P363's to be a very good speaker for the types of music/movies I enjoy. A heavy rock & roll, heavy metal, or rap speaker they are not, but for my listening of classical, pop, new age, jazz, R&B, and some country I find them quite acceptable, especially for piano, guitar, and voices (to include choral). I've always enjoyed the midrange and highs of the Infinity/JBL brands of speakers and also find they produce acceptable bass, at least they do for me. With movies I would suggest you compliment your system with a good subwoofer for those dramatic sound effects, and of course a good center channel speaker. Are these audiophile grade speakers? Of course not, not at this price point. And speakers are one of the most subjective purchases one can make, as what sounds good to some will not work for others. Your ears/tastes may be different than mine, as well as your budgets. And that's the trick to buying speakers, finding what sounds good to you AND falls within your budget. If money were no object then a set of Wilson's, Legacy Audio, or B&W's might sound good to YOU. I think most people would find these speakers very satisfying and quite capable of producing sounds that are quite pleasing, all at a very good price point. For their "medium" size I find they can produce a very nice soundstage. Bottom line is what sounds good to YOU! I like them and would not hesitate to recommend you give them a listen. With Amazon's current promotion, combined with free shipping (Prime Member), and no sales tax, I think these speakers are a very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars a no-brainer, February 7, 2013
I first brought Infinity Kappas for My car afew years back - they were simply astounding. Anyone whos ever heard them would agree - and for that reason - I sourced a Pair of 363s (imported them to Aussie ) and coupled them up with 2 pairs of 163s, an Infinity Centre Speaker, and a Yamaha Powered sub.
Its correct to say that they lack some bottom-end bass punch - but then, Im not into THUMP - Im more focused on clarity.
The 363s are to My ears - exceptional. They are the last pair of speakers I will ever buy. I dont care if Youre a Professional reviewer, I dont care if You quote graphs - I know what I like and what pleases My ears. If Youre a Metaler - theyre not for You - however, if You want a sound that is crisp, sharp, defined and will carry a clean punch at volume - You cant beat them.
Simply outstanding Speakers and amazing value.
Enough said.

2.0 out of 5 stars Over hyped, December 30, 2013
By reading the reviews, its obvious that many use these for home theater rather than music. The first set I bought, one tower had a dead tweeter right out of the box. As the price is so good for these at ~$200 a pair when on sale, I still wanted to try them and got a replacement. As a budget audiophile, I have several issues with the speakers. For a tower speakers, I found them subpar for anything except modern processed music. For well recorded life-like music tracks, these speakers presented unnatural highs, lacking mids, and pronounced bass, similar to that of a sattelite system. When compared to a set of modest priced Dali Lektor 3 bookshelfs suplemented by a cheap polk sub, the infinities fell short. For the sale price, I agree that you are not oginging to find much better, but lets not get carried away or fooled into thinking that these are really worth $600 a pair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this sound!, January 1, 2013
I had been wanting to upgrade my front bookshelf speakers since I installed back speakers and bought an Onkyo 5.1 receiver two years ago. I ordered the Primus P363 pair even though I had not heard them, which I knew was a risky thing to do. I relied on the brand's reputation and thought the price was good for a three-way floor speaker. When I set them up in my medium-sized living room, I was immediately delighted by the rich, clear sound. I was also pleased that they work well with my unpowered subwoofer. I listen to a variety of music, including movie soundtracks, classical, and folk albums. I would have given this product five stars, but since I am not an audio engineer or a speaker salesperson with exposure to a wide variety of brands, it seemed presumptuous to do so. If you're ready to step up your system, I'd recommend the Primus P363.

2.0 out of 5 stars If ordering from Amazon be prepared to wait if currently out of stock!, April 16, 2014
I ordered the speakers on March 8th, and at the time they said it would be 2-3 weeks for delivery. Well as of right now it has been 6 1/2 weeks and they still don't have an estimated delivery date. Yet I see that they are still taking orders for them at the $107 price even though they haven't had any to sell for over a month and a half. So if you're seeing them at the $107 price and considering ordering them, just be aware that you might have to wait for a while!

Fry's Electronics has been putting these on sale for the same $107 price the past few weeks, so if you don't want to wait then your best bet is to just pick some up there.

Before people start bashing me about reviewing Amazon rather than the product, I only did this to let people know how long they may have to wait when ordering these from Amazon. I will update my review with feedback on the speakers themselves once I receive them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A steal at Fry's Electronics - 199.98 for the pair, May 26, 2012
B. Adams "JeRk" (Constantinople ... ;-)) - See all my reviews
Just bought these a few hours ago, and obviously still breaking them in. But perhaps someone is thinking about these speakers right now, and lives near a Fry's. Buy these NOW! At 200 bucks for the pair (through 5-31-12 at Fry's Electronics; store only) you're losing money if you don't buy them. I'm pushing these with a Yamaha RX-V867, and the sound is amazing. I've got these in a slightly oddly shaped but large living room, approximately 19' x 16'. Sound is amazing compared to the mid-end polks I previously had as the FL and FR channels. I've taken the amp up to -8Db (14 AWG wire, slightly more resistance than 16 AWG), I think amp is pushing 110W to each of 7 channels. Sound is still crisp and clear with highs, mids and moderately low range all perfectly balanced. Disconnected sub and these still filled the room quite well with all but the VERY lowest bass. No noticeable distortion even at this volume. I'd take it even louder to break in, but I can already hear my music a several hundred feet from the apartment, despite all windows and doors being closed. Well insolated high end townhomes, too. Its also not just the bass I hear outside. I can clearly make out the lyrics as well. Crazy loud in conjunction with my Yamaha amp. Again, if you live near Fry's, BUY THEM THIS WEEK! Don't miss out!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly just great speakers at any cost, August 4, 2011
Truly just great speakers at any cost. That really sums it up. They are efficient, have great extension/detail and provide a nice sense of space. I did some measurements and low and behold, they say the same thing: [...] as do Stereophile's from the older 360 version. You just can't go wrong with Infinity's speakers these days. These will be around for some time at a great price. Ashame the Classia series won't.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet speakers!, April 16, 2011
I have always been a fan of Infinity speakers because most models sound better than the more expensive brands. Time & time again I have done blind tests at Ultimate Electronics comparing the medium range level down to bottom level speakers and almost every time I end up choosing infinity over, Klipsch, Definitive etc. These speakers are no exception. They don't disappoint and are cheap for what you get compared to other good brands that are about double the price. If you want a really good middle of the road speaker that will rock, get these with a 15" infinity sub and maybe some satellite speakers and you will have a great speaker system.

ARRAY(0x9836ffb4)