Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Infinity Primus Two-way dual 5-1/4-Inch Speaker (Each, Center-Channel, Black)
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 23, 2012
A couple months ago, I decided to do an upgrade at Center for my home theater. At the time, I had a 7.1 Infinity Reference bookshelf speaker system with the Infinity Beta C250 center channel speaker. I liked the Beta center, but the sound didn't quite fit with my other speakers and I sometimes had a hard time understanding the dialogue in movies and TV shows.

I knew I wanted to stick with Infinity when I got the new speaker, to keep the uniformity of the home theater. After doing some research, I narrowed my search down to the Infinity Primus line of center channel speakers. The PC351 would have been a great speaker, but I do not have room for it with my current setup (it is a monstrous speaker), and I didn't want an overpowering center channel since I have bookshelf speakers.

I settled on this Infinity Primus PC251, and it fit what I needed to the "T". Dialogue is clear, music sounds fantastic (just watched Phantom of the Opera with the new speaker), and overall the tone is much richer and more detailed. It has plenty of power behind it, too. I would highly recommend this speaker to anyone who has a mid-range audio system and is looking for a good Center channel!
on March 25, 2011
I am not an audiophile. I repeat, I am not an audiophile.

I purchased this center channel speaker in conjunction with 4 P163BK speakers for a HT and Music setup. I have been nothing but pleased with the performance thus far. The speaker handles the frequency range quite well and excels with dialogue. The speaker is large but is extremely well built.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a center in a budget-minded surround sound setup.
on June 5, 2016
Seems like a great center channel speaker. This is my first home theater setup and I couldn't be happier with my Infinty Primus speakers. At first I was bummed out that the larger center channel speaker was sold out, but this one sounds amazing and is plenty loud to bring the dialog through during movies and TV. Plenty of bass to make deep men's voices have weight to them... Narator/Optimus Prime in the Tranformers movies.

I have this as my center channel in my 5.0 system that will be completed as a 7.1 when I add some Fluance bipolar rear surrounds and a Bic 12" subwoofer.

Current Setup:
Infinty Primus 363 Towers - Front right and left
Infinty Primus PC251 -Center Channel
Infinty Primus 153 Bookshelfs - Side Surrounds

To be added:
Fluance XLBP Wide Dispersion Bipolar Surrounds- Rear surrounds

Bic Accoustec PL-200 - Subwoofer
on May 25, 2014
I had replaced my L and R home theater with Primus speakers so the stereo would rock, but the movies were weak with

5.1 dolby using the supplied center speaker. I added this and dialogue and sound is clearer and has more range.

Big savings, fast delivery, and the Infinity speaker is a great value with pleasing performance.
on November 30, 2015
It is a solid center speaker. Purchased to go with Infinity 363 (R+L) speakers, for a large room. Pairing them with a Denon 710W and the sound is incredible. Price from Amazon was incredible with a hundred bucks off and USPS delivered it even on a Sunday. This is a heavy unit but plugging it in takes 5 minutes. The speaker wire connectors are a good fit and work well with 14/16 gauge. Five year warranty from Harman was a pleasant surprise.

I highly recommend this speaker. If you have a very large room, I recommend getting the 351 model as that has 2 tweeters.
on February 8, 2014
this speaker it is the best speaker that you can buy and I waited for a long time to get ahead and got it at Amazon at the best price possible and I looked everywhere so to say the buy it you won't regret it;you'll notice though that you're turning the music up louder just to hear this great speaker
on July 20, 2016
I really like the sound of this center channel. I have the 3 way towers and two way bookshelves in the back. Powered by a Denon AVR-2106, so a pretty powerful and capable amplifier for this speaker level. I had previously been running DTS with center turned off. The difference made by adding this last piece to the system is immeasurable. So much depth, volume and placement as intended by the soundtracks of movies is detectable now. I really wanted the 3-way, but I have a very large sub and the towers are quite large as well, I don't feel like I'm missing anything in buying the smaller center here. (at least not enough to justify the larger bill for the 3-way)
on November 9, 2011
It took me a while to complete a set but the infinity primus bookshelf and center-channel speakers make a great 5-1 surround sound system. Clear crisp sound at low levels and can crank when you want it.
on September 1, 2012
I purchased a new LED flat screen TV and needed something better than the built-in speakers as the center channel of the surround sound system. My old Pioneer Elite projection HD TV had excellent speakers that I used for the center channel, but those went away when I replaced the TV. I have Infinity speakers for the front, rear and rear center channel so it was natural to stay with Infinity for the new front center channel. The tone quality is nicely matched to the rest of the speakers. These speakers have good mid-range and are not too bright on the highs. The systems subwoofer takes care of the bass. This new Infinity center channel speaker provides very natural sound and easy to understand speech, as well as doing a fine job on music. If you like Infinity you will be happy with this speaker. I highly recommend it.
on May 14, 2014
I've loved Infinity for years.

When my old center speaker cone broke and I was having problems getting it replaced, I found this speaker. It matches the newer front/rear speakers and sounds great.