Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 8, 2013
I am an old guy and a little hard of hearing due to too much Army, too much hunting and range firing, and too many rock concerts. When I first set up my home theater, I used a fine two way speaker from another company. For anyone with average hearing, it would have more than sufficed; for me the dialogue was a little muddy until I cranked the system a bit. My wife has no hearing problems, so what worked for me was loud for her. I saw no reason to end up with two deaf people in the house, so I cast about for a solution. After doing some research, I came up with what seemed to be a solid answer to the problem. The three way Infinity 351 with its five speakers was the perfect replacement for my original speaker. With the sound being split among more (and larger) speakers--five as opposed to three in the old speaker--I can keep the volume down and still hear everything with terrific clarity. The speaker produces wonderfully realistic quality of sound too, crisp, sharp, but not too bright. A word of warning though, this speaker is large and heavy, so check the measurements of the proposed location before you drop the cash and end up needing a new entertainment center.
on January 12, 2012
The Infinity Primus PC351 is an amazing piece of work. I could NOT believe the difference this bad boy made to my home theater system. Seriously, the second I turned this puppy on the choir of angels started singing!!! I have the Primus connected to the Pioneer VSX-1021-K and two wonderful Sony SS-F700 Towers and four Yamaha satellites and an Audio Polk subwoofer. Talk about audiophile bliss!!! My 17 year old son cannot believe the "Awesomeness" of the over-all sound.

The clarity in dialogue is astounding really. You have to hear it to believe it. Wait
until the price goes down a bit and pull the trigger. You will not be disappointed.

The only con here would be the size of this beast. It is very large. If you don't have the room then don't buy it, but if you do, this will change your idea about home theater surround sound forever. The center speaker is King!!!!

Again, I cannot say enough about this speaker and Infinity. Great Company, great speaker.
99 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2014
I am driving these speakers with a HK 1610 AVR which provided about 85 watts per channel of power to these speakers. I am using Infinity P163 speakers as fronts with a Infinity P351 as center, Yamaha nx e700 (my old speakers) as surrounds and Polk PSW 10 sub. I use this system for music and movies (about 60:40).

A word on the build of the speaker- these speakers are very large and heavy and this needs to be kept in mind when you are purchasing these. Although, I feel the sturdy enclosure adds a lot of value to the speaker in terms of the quality of the output.

Sound quality: The sound quality of this speaker is simply- Wow. I have no other word for it. The movie soundtrack, dialogues, music etc all sound very clear and much better with this speaker. I have had to turn down the volume on my receiver by quite a bit and even then the clarity (& the apparent "loudness" of dialogues/ other soundtrack) is amazing.

I can go on and on about the value this speaker adds to my home entertainment system- in short, I would strongly recommend this center speaker to anyone looking for one. And at the price at which I got it on Amazon, I do not think any other speaker can offer better value than this.
on February 19, 2016
My experience with movie sound prior to getting an Infinity Primus setup (floor standers, bookshelves for the surrounds and this for the center) was a Home Theater In a Box that you would get from a local Best Buy. As someone who grew up on TV speakers, those all-in-one box sets are a tremendous leap. Generally it was the subwoofer in those setups that made the largest difference in feeling the excitement of a movie, but they always came out a cost of dialogue clarity with the very small center channel that never seemed equipped to handle the job. So when I began putting together a more substantial home theater setup, I decided to get a center channel that could pull weight.

One thing you should know before buying this speaker is that it's monstrous. You'll be spending a portion of your time wondering how to work it into your setup. If you have a small TV, you might be able to set it on top, but anything else will require a substantial rearrangement of your setup. I actually had my brother build a custom housing for this speaker that I set my larger TV on top of that worked for some time. After awhile, I invested in a TV stand that had housing large enough to fit the speaker in without elevating my TV. I put a little foam under the front to slant the speaker upward towards our ears and it works well.

I also separated the front speakers further away from the center channel to get more isolation for the center channel to do its job, and increased the dB just enough to make sure it's the loudest speaker in the room by a small margin. I wouldn't say it's a perfectly blended setup, but it's been the clearest setup I've ever had from a dialogue standpoint. Even at low volumes the voices are crystal clear. I've also learned how to temper subwoofer gain, frequency crossovers to debloat subwoofer sound, to make sure mids (dialogue) and everything else is crystal clear. Everyone loves their subwoofer, as low frequencies can be the most "exciting" part of movie audio, but maxing it out is probably the worst thing someone an do for their setup, yet everyone does it.

This is is definitely the center channel to grab if you're moving up from the world of bundled home theater setups, and building your own system. Of course, it's not going to just solve all your issues the moment you plug them in. You'll need to learn your receiver settings, set up your subwoofer properly and get good speaker positioning. And of course, you'll need make some room...or a lot of room. It's worth it.

(Note: I've had these for over a year, just now getting around to reviewing them)
on June 13, 2015
Today I received my Infinity Primus PC351. This unit is very well built. It's dimensions are (H x W x D) are 7 3/4" x 23 7/8" x 9 1/4". It weights 25 pounds. It's crossover frequency is 650Hz and 2800Hz: 24dB/octave. So, it covers a wide frequency range with ease. As a center channel speaker, it really brings the dialog in a movie into balance with the rest of my media center. I am always looking for audio equipment that sounds and looks great, at the lowest cost. This center speaker meets these requirement hands down. I highly recommend this product.
on June 22, 2011
I'm using this with a pair of Infinity Primus 362s, 141s and a Sony 10" sub. All are powered by a NAD t747 except the sub, of course. Its a tremendous system and a marked improvement from the Primus Theater pack. While the tone of the sound is very similar, the power and presence of these larger speakers is a nice advantage. Just make sure you have the room since it is nice and big.

I like this center channel. It's a great value with looks and sound from a more expensive speaker.
on December 10, 2013
Coming from a small Polk audio with very small drivers this is a huge upgrade. Once you plug this in, you really start to realize how much content is played through the center. Voices sound so crisp and clear as if I'm right there in the moment couldn't be happier. Speaker is VERY large though keep that in mind.
review image
on October 14, 2012
From the moment I plugged this into my receiver..my theatre room has never been the same. They are a bit big, but big sound is surely produced. I have had speakers that cost so much more, and by far these out shine anything I have had before. I normally dont write reviews, but these deserved it. I know sound..being a DJ for most of my life..these are it as far as a home system is concerned.
on January 30, 2013
Yeah she is a big girl but if you have the room for her you will be rewarded with crisp diolage and rich full range sound that draws you into the action. The center channel is the work horse of your system and this Center speaker is a Clydesdale!
on October 23, 2011
I have been using Infinity products for years without any issues, I just updated the front channel speakers as well as the center and Amp. the clarity is awesome and the fit was exactly as they stated. I would recomend this product to any high end home entertainment user!!!