Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on July 26, 2011
Unless your a millionaire with thousands to blow, this sub is all you freakin need for your house. It will rock your socks. It delivers smooth, clean bass with enough bass for your friends to borrow. Before this sub I owned a JBL 12" sub. It was good but this Infinity is GREAT. With the sub being the most important piece of your surround system(or center channel) a good powered sub will make or break your system. This one had definitely made mine.
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2013
This review is more about Harmon, the company that makes the sub. Of course the speaker is awsome, but when my speaker arrived, I didn't notice that the speaker grill left and right bottom corners were broken. I pretty much assume, that this happened in shipping. Well I emailed infinity, and told them I just purchased the speaker, and didn't noticed the broken grill, until a week later. They had me fax my invoice, to prove I purchased the speaker, and promptly sent me another speaker grill, after recieving the invoice. I just have to say, that is good customer service, I have more than $2000 sunk into infinity speakers, on my home theater, and the system sounds really good. Again props to Infinity/Harmon for stepping up and making it right. Thanks Harmon.
Oh if you need a great sub, this one is the one to get.
on May 4, 2015
I have been holding off on writing a review for this since I was having some issues with subwoofer volume and wasn't sure what exactly was going on. Disclaimer: I am a novice when it comes to setting up home theater audio components and understanding all of the ins-outs with everything.

That being said, the below might be helpful for others:

Turns out the subwoofer setting in my Yamaha receiver was turned down really low and once I manually adjusted that and set the gain and crossover to higher levels, the bass rumbling started.

My Yamaha receiver came with a microphone to use as part of an auto setup feature and for some reason the mic set my subwoofer gain to be really low. Also, don't use regular RCA cables....unless you really have to. I noticed when I had regular RCA cables plugged in that the subwoofer was emitting a strange background hum noise. I bought a Belkin subwoofer cable through amazon and after plugging that in, the background noise hum went away.

I mentioned all of the above stuff in case others have had issues too.

So far, I have no complaints! If, as other reviewers have said, the subwoofer has issues a year from now etc..I will come back and update this review to reflect the change. But right now, I have to be very careful with how loud my overall volume is because the bass is superb on this and it really goes a long way to help with the movie immersion and I really like it.
on February 14, 2012
Well musically speaking no boom boom, it just plays the cleanest, deepest bass. You just can't go wrong with this, not many subs at this price point with this power output. Also it is substantial, you will feel like you have a sub at home!

Few leasons learned: Placement of subwoofer is absolutely critical so that there won't be any sound waves cancelling out each other. Like me I would assume everyone will have limitation of where to put it in living room, unless it is in a dedicated entertainment room where you have more fexibility. This kind of reduces its usability. Next thing is if the room is not big enough, this sub would reduce the overall sound quality. Smaller sub produce tighter bass and sound better at lower volume. Some thing to think about if you are considering buying this.
on February 27, 2013
My last Infinity sub lasted about ten years and the amp just had enough and burned up. I can say during those ten years, it didn't have it easy. With that said, I bought this one to replace it and am pretty confident I will see the same long lasting performance out of this one for the next ten. For under 500 bucks, you can't beat this sub.
on October 2, 2014
Glass breaking, wall shaking sub woofer. Clean and completely solid bass.
on July 5, 2015
Bought the Infinity Primus series (12" 400W powered sub, 2-way 6 1/2" bookshelf (for the rear), 3-way 5 1/4" dual center, and 3-way dual 6 1/2" tower). The size of the speakers were a little bigger than I anticipated, but the sound output is FANTASTIC! Clear crisp sounds for both music and movies. I feel as if I'm either at the theater or in a concert hall. I have the Infinity series powered with a Denon AVR-S900W.
on January 28, 2015
This 12-inch Infinity is so power full that it shakes all the dishes and knickknack in the two china cabinets and the dogs don't like the floor vibrating so they run out side. I would buy this unit again
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2014
Great deal on a great item. Almost too much for my front room. Had to lower the level to avoid bass overpowering the sound. Love everything Infinity makes.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2012
Very loud and full bass. Pictures fall of the shelves, love it, my wife doesn't. Great for home theater or listening to music. Looks nice in a living-room.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse