Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Infinity Primus PS38 150W Powered Subwoofer (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 2, 2012
I have had this sub for several years since they came out, it gets a good work out every weekend and some week nights playing movies from bluray. At first it was in my bed room 16x14 in an apartment and was more than powerful, not to much boominess that most ported subs have it sounded fairly tight but drops off qickly under 50 hz. Now I have moved into a house with a 20x17 bedroom and 17x30 living room that opens into the kitchen. I was a bit surprised that in movies even in that large space the sub was still able to give pleasing lfe effects when placed in a corner but in music it just doesn't have enough thump anymore. I let my Yamaha receiver auto adjust the sub levels and as usuall the gain dial is set to around the 10 to 11 o'clock position with crossover at 100 hz. I am shopping around now for another sub to supplement it but will now have to pay a lot more, I will probably end up with the emotiva or a similar wireless sub to make placement easier and use this one still right by the couch or similar. I have not had any problems with the sub and for the price it easily out does any HTIB sub, I will say it is great for a small room but runs out of steam once you go into a larger space.

For reference I am running a yamaha 6190 receiver to the emotiva upa-7 with infinity primus 362 fronts, 252 rears, the 350 center channel and then the ps38 sub. This is a good product but you should shop up to a larger sub especially if your going to eventually move into a larger space or just to have some more head room just in case.
on March 21, 2014
I bought this powered sub for my living which is 20ft by 16ft. WOW WOW I watched behind enemry lines as a test drive last night I now know what I have been missing to home theater. I run this sub with primus 163 in the front 143 in the back with the 351 center and the sound is amazing. This is more than enough
on December 23, 2013
I got the front Infinity tower speakers last year and then I got the centre and this subwoofer to complete the front set. The whole set works wonderfully together, giving the right combination of full spectrum sound. The subwoofer has more than enough power to fill my 18' x 30' basement home theatre. Any louder would be uncomfortable.

With this subwoofer, I can see, hear, and FEEL the movies.

As a side note: The first one came broken. The inside was rattling and I didn't bother to take it out of the box. Amazon.com sent a replacement immediately and gave me 30 days to return the damaged one. It was inconvenient but Amazon sure made it good.
on April 12, 2016
Just got it a few days ago. Love it so far.

Update..... OK so I've had it for a few weeks now. I got it for my bedroom. It sounds just as good as my 500 watt 12 inch JBL sub I have in the living room. Totally happy with this sub. I would recommend it to anyone with a small living room or for a bedroom.

Have had it for a few months now and still live it. Decided to move it a few feet away from the wall just so I could get to the controlled easier. It seems like that helped it sound better somehow. Still the best sounding 8 inch sub I've ever heard.
on May 30, 2016
I was tempted on getting the 10, but in an apartment setting this is more the enough. The neighbors haven't complained, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Sounds fantastic with our Yamaha receiver.
on March 26, 2012
I don't know if I just got lucky and caught the best sale on Amazon at the right time, but I already have one of these subs and I was thrilled with it so I decided to get another for my 7.2 system. I got it for $141 here on Amazon, brand new, and the dual sub setup with these subs BOOM! Music, Movies, and everything in between come to life in a whole new way. It must have been a wholesale price for $141, but even for $299 I was extremely happy with this sub. It sounds comparable to a good 10" and most 8" amplified subs are 100 watts while this one is 150. You can feel the difference. If your receiver has the ability to run 2 subs, get these! You cant beat the boom for the buck.
on July 22, 2014
This sub is perfect, blew away my expectations (I don't think there could be higher quality sub, really doubt it); a super great deal; thoroughly SATISFIED!!!

I purchased these to rescue my new *mediocre* Audioengine 5A+, and they did just that.. I now wish I would have purchased all infinity system along with external receiver/amp, would have been a much better way to go.

This sub is for real!! don't think twice, and thank me later.
on November 2, 2015
I don't know how it happened but I became an infinity snob approximately 20 years ago. Today I have 2 beta series towers with 2 reference series bookshelves. I wanted a sub to complement my current setup and considering the bang for buck ratio, this sub is a crusher. Total wall of sound. Buy it.
on January 19, 2014
I couldn't imagine going with a higher end subwooder unless you have a dedicate room. This thing is great and provides good smooth base that fills even a really large room. I was extreamly impressed.
on January 13, 2014
I purchased this sub to go along with my Yamaha surround system. Full body, relatively small sized (the rectangle shape fits in easier than a square). High quality, highly recommended.