Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

on January 9, 2013
Wow This sub woofer is the best thing I could have bought for my home stereo. From the time I hooked it up and adjusted the power . My floor,windows and the walls of my house began to shack rattle and roll. I mean it's the bomb as the kids say. Really I would recommend it to anyone...... Have fun and good listening...........Joe
on November 15, 2012
I replaced my old Infinity sub with this model. Works great. The trick on all subwoofers is to realize they are to supplement the signals coming in to the main speakers, not to function as a separate speaker. Many overuse or blow them by trying to shake the walls each and every moment. I hope never to have to use the warranty. However....

Even though Amazon had it advertised as One year warranty, I knew from prior experience that all Infinitys have five year warranties. This info was not included in the box. In fact, no warranty info was included with this order.
I went to their website and downloaded the warranty sheet that should have been included with my order. Their operation manual at their website was identical to the one I received. The warranty comes as a separate document. If I have bought a refurbished unit advertised as new, I need to know it now so I can return it.
on December 30, 2013
I paired this sub with (5) Polk LS Vanishing series in-wall speakers in my home theater which is 23x15 feet. I wanted something powerful enough for LFEs and good percision for music as well. I went by reviews only since my local stores didn't have infinity and my Polk options were not that good. All I can say is they were right-on. This sub does not dissapoint. It has enough power to shake the room without being boomy like others can be. Music sounds very good as well (as I expected from infinity). Even at lower volumes it compliments the speakers nicely. I almost bought a different product but glad I didn't - this one was well worth the extra money.
on February 6, 2013
This new unit [PS410] is a direct replacement for an Infinity PS10 with a 10" diameter subwoofer bought in 2003, which was moved to my bedroom area for my stereo system. This one [the new PS410], provides me the deep, clear and defined bass needed for listening to the Rippingtons [C-Jazz] or David Arkenstone [New Age] music. When listening to Zyce & Flegma [titled "Goa Trip A", Electronica music], the unit has a clear bass feel for the music, when wired into the 6.1 - 900 w. RMS system. The unit was easy to setup, wire into the Sony AV reciever and balance the sound characteristics within the large family room.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 5, 2015
This subwoofer is exactly what I needed. It has the perfect balance of deep booms and subtle thuds to round out your action movies and FPS games. It was also a perfect middle ground as far as price to quality. It isn't the cheapest sub around, but I have friends who got one of the cheap-but-popular subs for their home theaters. They are more distracting than anything. The goal of a subwoofer is to have it blend in and not be obvious which speaker(s) are projecting your low frequencies. Cheap subs just blast out garbled rumbles, this one is subtle, but powerful.

I bought this to replace my older Infinity PS10 sub that I had for ten years before its amp went out. Strangely, Infinity's site doesn't have any information about 10 inch subs in their lower primus line anymore. The only 10" sub I found was in their reference product line. So I wasn't sure if this PS410 model had been discontinued, but it was one more reason I decided to hurry and order it, because I didn't like the other three options in case this one sells out. The reference line is a little out of my price range, and the primus 8 & 12 inch subs were too small & big. The 10 inch was perfect, and I would highly recommend it for the value and sound quality.

This PS410 is a little bit longer front-to-back than my PS10 was. Make sure you take note of the dimensions in the product description before ordering. One reason I like this size is it's the most cube-like. I think the tall & narrow 8-inch sub looks kind of lame in comparison, as well as giving up a small amount of low-hz range. IThe 12-inch is also more of a cube, and I would have loved to buy that one, but I simply don't have the shelf space for it (the 10 fits perfectly in my setup).

The switches and inputs on the back are on-par for what you'd expect on a subwoofer. You have volume, crossover frequency (50hz-150hz), LFE/Normal switch, phase switch (0, 180), and L/R inputs, both standard RCA as well as the posts for raw speaker wire. Most people (myself included) will only need one of the L/R inputs, but it's cool that it supports both in case you have a serious dual-sub (5.2 / 7.2 / etc) setup.

Another thing I've noticed they have improved since my previous Infinity sub is the transition between sleeping and playing. My PS10 would take a few seconds to wake up after receiving a medium-volume signal to wake it up, and would often make a chirping noise. This PS410 is very responsive and doesn't make any weird noises when waking up.

My wife and I can't agree on whether or not to keep the black cover on the front, but fortunately, the sub looks and sounds fantastic either way.

Overall I am loving this subwoofer and hope it can give me at least another 10 satisfying years of window-shattering, neighbor-waking awesomeness.
review image review image review image
on July 22, 2015
Purchased this in 2012. At first it sounded acceptable, then about two years after, it started to make a loud popping sound every 10 to 20 minutes. It would also make low level distorted background rumbling sounds even when receiver powered off. Disconnected from receiver and power for about 6 months. Reconnected later on but could not get a green signal light nor sound. Found out from Infinity that the unit had a two year warranty only on the amp and a 5 year warranty on the driver (cone). After numerous discussions came to find out that they no longer make the amp board for this unit. Looked inside and found the circuit board was burned. Decided to try a Dayton sub-1500 for a change. Not sure if I would ever purchase an infinity again. Customer Service is outsourced and very difficult to explain problems. Also could not send email because their domain name could not he found. Overall, I would say that you might be taking a risk if you purchase this product.
on August 1, 2015
This subwoofer sounded good for the very short time that it worked. I enjoyed the deep, strong base that it produced. However, about a year into owning it the sub would produce a high pitch feedback noise pretty frequently. It was a quick high pitched squeal. Not sure what caused that problem. Then a few months later the sub amp went bad and the whole unit went silent. After considering if I was going to get it repaired or not, I finally decided to scrap it out and buy a different brand. I will not buy any more Infinity products in the future. It didn't have a high enough build quality in my opinion. I later read that other people had similar issues with their unit.
on December 31, 2014
I bought this sub and the sound was amazing since it work, 20 days when we come back from beach never turn on again. I star to looking for a possible damage and found that all those infinity sub's had problem with the board and are a time bomb soon or later, sincerely gambling for a good sound vs cost? I do not recomend it.
on March 9, 2015
Wanted a sub woofer for music only, particularly jazz, no video. Paired with my Magnepans. Very pleased with the sound. Right amount of bass, doesn't overpower the speakers and keeps up with the MG-IIs.
on August 28, 2013
I bought this 10" sub 14 months ago. Great sub for the price. I'm set up in a small living room and barely add volume. If you are the type who likes shaking the walls during action films then go for it. I cannot see why the average user would need the 12" sub. BUT!! now something is wrong with the amp. I get a weird noise coming out the woofer. Sounds just like a Fax. machine connection. Very low but audible and intermittant. I searched for warranty info. on the Net but no luck. Nothing came with the unit. Can anyone help me out? INFINITY? Are you out there?
Actually, this line if subs are made by a different company - HARMAN. Maybe once part of Harman Kardon?

(edit) I found the webpage for customer support and emailed them about my problem. Will see what kind of response. ;)
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse