5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Center Channel Speaker
Published 22 months ago by Henry Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT! until the cross-over died
When I first received this speaker to use in my 5.1 system, it sounded totally awesome!
Prior, I was not using a Center Channel via my Denon AVR-1312 HDMI 5.1 receiver.

Published 1 month ago by Za09

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Center Channel Speaker, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Infinity Primus Three-way dual 5-1/4-Inch Speaker (Each, Center-Channel, Black) (Electronics)
I am an old guy and a little hard of hearing due to too much Army, too much hunting and range firing, and too many rock concerts. When I first set up my home theater, I used a fine two way speaker from another company. For anyone with average hearing, it would have more than sufficed; for me the dialogue was a little muddy until I cranked the system a bit. My wife has no hearing problems, so what worked for me was loud for her. I saw no reason to end up with two deaf people in the house, so I cast about for a solution. After doing some research, I came up with what seemed to be a solid answer to the problem. The three way Infinity 351 with its five speakers was the perfect replacement for my original speaker. With the sound being split among more (and larger) speakers--five as opposed to three in the old speaker--I can keep the volume down and still hear everything with terrific clarity. The speaker produces wonderfully realistic quality of sound too, crisp, sharp, but not too bright. A word of warning though, this speaker is large and heavy, so check the measurements of the proposed location before you drop the cash and end up needing a new entertainment center.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away!!!, January 12, 2012
The Infinity Primus PC351 is an amazing piece of work. I could NOT believe the difference this bad boy made to my home theater system. Seriously, the second I turned this puppy on the choir of angels started singing!!! I have the Primus connected to the Pioneer VSX-1021-K and two wonderful Sony SS-F700 Towers and four Yamaha satellites and an Audio Polk subwoofer. Talk about audiophile bliss!!! My 17 year old son cannot believe the "Awesomeness" of the over-all sound.

The clarity in dialogue is astounding really. You have to hear it to believe it. Wait
until the price goes down a bit and pull the trigger. You will not be disappointed.

The only con here would be the size of this beast. It is very large. If you don't have the room then don't buy it, but if you do, this will change your idea about home theater surround sound forever. The center speaker is King!!!!

Again, I cannot say enough about this speaker and Infinity. Great Company, great speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing across the board..buy this one for sure, October 14, 2012
From the moment I plugged this into my receiver..my theatre room has never been the same. They are a bit big, but big sound is surely produced. I have had speakers that cost so much more, and by far these out shine anything I have had before. I normally dont write reviews, but these deserved it. I know sound..being a DJ for most of my life..these are it as far as a home system is concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Speaker !!, January 12, 2012
Robert Micka (Chesapeake City, Maryland) - See all my reviews
I now know what I have been missing all these years. This speaker delivers the most unbelievable sound. Crisp and Crystal Clear. Well worth the $$$. Love this sound so much I am considering upgrading the rest of my 7.2 system to Infinities also. I am no Audiophile by any stretch,but this speaker makes listening enjoyable again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker for the money, June 22, 2011
DustinT (Atlanta, Ga.) - See all my reviews
I'm using this with a pair of Infinity Primus 362s, 141s and a Sony 10" sub. All are powered by a NAD t747 except the sub, of course. Its a tremendous system and a marked improvement from the Primus Theater pack. While the tone of the sound is very similar, the power and presence of these larger speakers is a nice advantage. Just make sure you have the room since it is nice and big.

I like this center channel. It's a great value with looks and sound from a more expensive speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!!!!!, October 23, 2011
I have been using Infinity products for years without any issues, I just updated the front channel speakers as well as the center and Amp. the clarity is awesome and the fit was exactly as they stated. I would recomend this product to any high end home entertainment user!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKER FOR THE $$$, September 10, 2012
This replaced a Advent full size speaker I was using as my center and what a difference!
My only complaint is at high volume, the highs get a bit shrill & hissy even with my Receiver set neutrally
with no EQing. I am using a Yamaha RX-V1 which is rated at 110watts per channel across 8 channels.

For the price, however, the Infinity is a fine speaker although I would have spent more $$$ for one
that handled a bit more power.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Big daddy of center channel speakers, January 30, 2013
Yeah she is a big girl but if you have the room for her you will be rewarded with crisp diolage and rich full range sound that draws you into the action. The center channel is the work horse of your system and this Center speaker is a Clydesdale!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent center for music and movies, May 18, 2014
I am driving these speakers with a HK 1610 AVR which provided about 85 watts per channel of power to these speakers. I am using Infinity P163 speakers as fronts with a Infinity P351 as center, Yamaha nx e700 (my old speakers) as surrounds and Polk PSW 10 sub. I use this system for music and movies (about 60:40).

A word on the build of the speaker- these speakers are very large and heavy and this needs to be kept in mind when you are purchasing these. Although, I feel the sturdy enclosure adds a lot of value to the speaker in terms of the quality of the output.

Sound quality: The sound quality of this speaker is simply- Wow. I have no other word for it. The movie soundtrack, dialogues, music etc all sound very clear and much better with this speaker. I have had to turn down the volume on my receiver by quite a bit and even then the clarity (& the apparent "loudness" of dialogues/ other soundtrack) is amazing.

I can go on and on about the value this speaker adds to my home entertainment system- in short, I would strongly recommend this center speaker to anyone looking for one. And at the price at which I got it on Amazon, I do not think any other speaker can offer better value than this.

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT! until the cross-over died, October 12, 2014

What an INCREDIBLE difference this speaker made. As others have stated, I could now hear dialog better (I have some hearing damage when it comes to human speech in the audio spectrum) and much more “punch” to the overall 5.1 mix, especially with an aggressive mix using DTS-HD Master Audio or True HD for films such as: Fight Club, Hell Boy, Sherlock Homes etc.

Sadly, after using this speaker for only 2 months, I turned it on one evening (we only watch DVD/Blu ray – no streaming, TV, Cable, Satellite etc) and put on Hell Boy and the dialog sounded like it was coming from inside a cardboard box! WHAT??? I tried adjusting EVERYTHING I could think of, cross-over frequencies, highs, mid-highs, lows yet, NOTHING improved the sound. So... I hooked up one of my stored-away Cerwin Vega 3” 2-way speakers to the center channel and, instantly, the dialog sounded proper again.
I contacted Infinity/Harman on the web and, after much ado with their websites BS convolutions about “contacting” them, I was able to get through to their “warranty” department who provided me with a list of about 20 Service centers near me... the nearest one being 62 miles (one way) from where I live in the Antelope Valley,CA

I considered taking the speaker to one of these centers but after really thinking about the “possibilities” of repair, which I would probably come up against, I decided to consider the speaker a total loss. This was based on the following considerations:
1 – the cost of gasoline
2 – the amount of time required to get there and back
3 – the very real possibility of the service center saying either, “nothing wrong that we can see” or “your repair is not covered under this warranty”

This left me with a dilemma, I HAD to purchase a new center-channel because films with aggressive mixes were overloading my little Cerwin Vega speaker. After some research, I decided on purchasing the Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker. It was half the price of the Infinity, was rated at 125 watts, ran at 8ohms and got very good reviews.
I have now been using this Polk Audio CS10 for about 2 weeks but, let me tell you, I honestly think it BLOWS AWAY the more expensive Infinity... by a VERY LARGE amount!

I am a recording engineer and musician. I have loads of recording gear, mixing gear, sound gear etc. I am VERY VERY critical of audio and I am very impressed and super pleased with the Polk Audio CS10. Unless the CS10 looses it after 2 months (like the Infinity did) I consider it an awesome speaker. My Denon AVR-1312 with 75 watts per channel is enough to buzz the windows and this Polk CS10 sounds glorious in my 5.1 system.

Additional info – I use Behringer Truth 2031P (8” 2-ways) for the stereo fronts and Tanoy PBM 6.5 II rear channel. These speakers are “studio” monitors and do not color the incoming audio.

Hope this helps.