5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Small Space Speakers, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Infinity Primus Two-way 4-Inch Bookshelf/Satellite Speaker (Black, Each) (Electronics)
I am writing this review from my containerized housing unit at a contingency operations base in Central Asia. I paired these Infinity speakers with a Lepai Tripath Class T Audio Amplifier. I needed a system that would fit into my less than 80 square foot personal space. My source is an Ipod Classic in a Pyle dock to bypass the Ipod's output amplifier.

This evening I am listening to a little Pink Floyd, Phish, Radiohead, and Miles Davis. All sound great on this rig. The combination of the Lepai and the Primus speakers is an excellent small discrete system. Even though this system set me back less than $150, I'm not roughing it at all in the tunes department.

I highly recommend these speakers and the Lepai amplifier for a small environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, February 24, 2012
let me just start this by saying that I'm no audiofile but to my ears my 7.1 system sounds awesome. It is Infinity Primus front,center,sides, and these as the rears. I have a BIC sub and a Pioneer vsx-1121 powering it all in a spare bedroom my GF calls my "office". I'm pleased with these and all of my other Infinity speakers and would recommend them to anyone who wanted a lot of speaker for their money.

5.0 out of 5 stars rich sound repoduction, March 25, 2013
it is as advertised it sounds great ,Im using it as my rear center channel could'nt be more pleased its been a great experince all the way around from the delivery to hearing the rich sound reproduction I'm considering adding more of the INFINITY PRIMUS to my system

5.0 out of 5 stars good performance for price, August 29, 2013
the speaker performed as expected. it's pretty suited for Pop and Jazz, but lacking when it comes to more demanding music, falling short in depth. But that's just me being the perfectionist, not taking into account its size and price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable sound for the price, March 4, 2014
For my 5.1 configuration, I am using these as my rear surrounds, with the larger Infinity Primus 6.5" bookshelf speakers as my fronts. These are fantastic speakers that have excellent mid to high range, and adequate bass. I appreciate good sound and quality products, but I'm not very big on spending a small fortune for the highest end audiophile equipment.

These speakers present one of the best values for me in terms of respectable, quality sound, with good range, without absolutely breaking the bank. I have heard higher end equipment and while a lot of it does sound better, Infinity Primus are still my go-to speaker. I could spend many times more money on hardcore, audiophile approved reference speakers, but the sound output isn't going to linearly be fives times better. I could spend $500 on a single audiophile speaker and it'll subjectively only sound maybe 30% better. Returns on money spent on audio equipment go down pretty fast. That said, these speakers sound much better than just about every budget 5.1 home theater in a box speaker kit out there, but aren't so expensive that they'll cripple your wallet like a set of "reference" speakers. It's a happy medium.

I definitely recommend these for people new to upgraded home theater-- pairing Infinity Primus with a decent receiver and a sub will result in a very enjoyable, rather affordable setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Infinity Primus P143, August 30, 2012
These little speakers have awesome sound!I'm using them for rear surrounds in my Infinity system
along with a pair of RS-8 towers & a PC351 center channel.This system rocks!Thanks again Amazon.You Rock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 7.1 Front High, October 5, 2013
The Good:
- Great Mid-Range and Highs
- Voice Match to Primus Series is very accurate :)
- Size is great for Front-High Speakers

The Bad:
- None for my application

Overall: 5
These sound great mixed with other Infinity Primus speakers, I upgraded my AVR to a Sony STR-DA1800ES and it supports HD-D.C.S. (High Def - Digital Cinema Sound)and requires additional Front L/R speakers that are position above the Main Front L/R speakers adding height to surround depth. I already had Primus speakers for 5.1 surorundm but much larger ones, (Primus 363 Front/163 Surround/351 Center) and needed something go in the new Front High L/R.

I was a little worried that these being so small would be tinny and Infinity Voice Match would be more hype than reality, there was nothing to worry about. I mounted these on the wall above the main front speakers (they are front ported which helps) and re-ran the Auto-Calibration on my receiver adding these as Front High L/R. The Auto-Cal hit the distance to the inch and only had a 0.5db offset from the rest of the speakers, so far so good.

Next I fired up some reference tones, and was surprizes at how pure these sounded compared to the rest of them, of course they have some limitations on the bass end, no getting around the need to move air to get good low bass. Happy with it all I put in Top Gun cranked it up, 143's were very clean even at high volumes, any bass they might lack was covered by the rest of the speakers so I did no notice.

At low volume they are just as clean, and unlike many small speakers there was no tinny sound in these, for my application these were perfect.

With a nice sub, these would make a great set of surround speakers where space is an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of punch for a small package, December 18, 2012
Dave Bruns (OSKALOOSA, KS, US) - See all my reviews
I used these for front presence speakers for a 7.1+2 Yamaha system along with larger Infinity speakers and they sound great; however, all the really low frequency signal, 60HZ and below, go to the sub. I assume they would sound good as a very small bookshelf speaker as well. My main system in another room is all Paradigm powered by Marantz but, it's not fair to compare the Infinity with speakers in that league since they cost about one tenth the price. That being said, I still like Infinity Speakers and for the money, they hold their own and you can't do better. The price was really great on these and they came on time as well, what else can I say?

5.0 out of 5 stars From now on Infinity ONLY, October 20, 2013
I will keep this short and sweet. I was going to buy a Onkyo HTIB but the local best buy didn't have it and I got a sweet deal on a receiver because of everything I was buying. I ended up building a home theatre and let me tell you. From now on it's infinity only. The specs are great 80+ DB the lows and highs just mix excellent. I got 2 163's, 2 143's, and the pc351 center channel. Their much much larger then I had anticipated but well worth it if you're willing to make the room. I have nothing negative to say about them at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, would recommend stepping up to the P153 though., January 30, 2014
I love the Infinity Primus speakers. I have the Center channel speaker, the two tower speakers and two of the P153 for surround speakers and it's an impressive sound, great value. The P143 is a good value but I'd recommend stepping up to the P153. It is usually just another $10 or so. It's a bit larger and definitely a better speaker.

Rate and Discover Movies