Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Rob Thomas Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Infinity Reference 6030cs 6.5-Inch 270-Watt Two-Way Component System
Package Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$90.43+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on June 13, 2011
I purchased a set of these about 6 months ago to replace the front factory Dodge Infinity speakers that were blown in my Durango. I just installed them and kept the factory amp and did not install the included crossovers. They sounded pretty good (the highs were much better than the factory tweeters), but the low end was lacking unless the volume was pushed up. Not a big deal since I also have a small subwoofer, but it was noticeable. When my back pair of factory Infinity's died, I purchase another pair of these and this time installed the crossovers for both front and back and added an aftermarket amplifier (Kicker ZX350.4, 90 watt per channel amp). WHAT A DIFFERENCE! The sound came alive. The lows from these are incredible and I almost don't need the sub (almost...these speakers seem to be good to around 80Hz and then fall off pretty fast, my sub is good for the lower frequencies and I have the crossover set to 80Hz for that). Still, all the way down to 80Hz is really good for 6 inch door speakers! Of course having great big Durango doors probably helps!

Anyhow, if you are getting these for your vehicle, and you want them to sound their best, you really should back them up with an aftermarket amplifier and use the included crossovers. If not, they still sound better than factory speakers, even the "premium" ones! I am very pleased with these.
on August 4, 2011
Purchased these to replace the OEM component speakers in the doors of my 2004 S2000. Installation required pulling the door panels off which is not very difficult on the S2000. The woofer required using the supplied adapter ring to fit into place where the OEM woofer was. The tweeter required some adaptation and a #6 3/8 inch screw and nut to secure it into place where the OEM tweeter was. The OEM tweeter was simply glued to a metal bracket and held into place. The bracket did have a hole which was used to secure the tweeter into place. Overall the installation took about an hour per door panel.

The sound quality is far superior to the OEM speakers and Infinity makes some really excellent tweeters which are extremely clear. I purchased these in order to upgrade the sound and to be able to hear the music more clearly while driving with the top down and in those respects, these speakers perform in an outstanding manner. As well, they also produce better than expected low end sound given the size of the speaker.
on April 30, 2012
I installed 1 set of these in a 2003 dodge dakota club cab with the factory (non-infinity) RBK radio and no other amp or ouboard gear. They sound very good. Very clear with a tranparently detailed upper midrange presense. I listen mostly to rock and hard rock but also some jazz and classical. The 6030cs' are equeally rewarding in each genre and i find myself going back through my cd collection to hear how things sound with the new speakers. Drums sound exceptionally crisp with these seperates and the tweeters provide excellent stereo imaging. Recommended listening: Corrosion of Conformity-Albatross and Clean My wounds. (Also recommended: , E.Johnson Ah Via Musicom, I.Maiden Aces High or Where Eagles Dare.) Music with prounounced harmonies also proves quite enjoyable as well. Fans of acoustic instruments will not be dissapointed.

Tweeters were mounted in the top front of the doors (right behind the mirrors), the woofers were mounted in the factory front door locations. The fit was perfect and the only cutting required was for the tweeters. I experimented with several locations before mounting them permanently. The crossovers are small enough to fit comfortably in the door under the power window control panels, (on the interior side of the factory vapor barrier.) The infinities came with an adapter so that the woofers would fit in the factory opening without any mods.

My only complaint is that the box only contained wire to connect the crossover to the tweeters but nothing for the woofer-crossover connection. I had extra wire from other projects, but still...

Some folks have complained that the tweeters are too loud. I thought so too until I performed a road test. They are fine and appreciated when factoring in the road noise. I would also say that if you run a sub, you will not be compaining about the volume of the tweeters and might even put the tweeter level selector on high (+3db). I set the switch to the lower setting. While the Infinities sound very good with the factory amp, they are begging to taste more power.
on November 23, 2013
Dunno where to start. These are epic as hell.

Comparison:
Within the last year I've listened to 5 different systems for my own personal vehicles. My truck had stock speakers. I replaced with 4 Infinity Reference 6832cf speakers and a set of Infinity Reference 1031t tweeters. Added a powered sub and the system was more than enough to cruise around with. Had an alpine powerpack amp with it also boosting the RMS to each speaker. Fast foward a few months and I bought my Celica.

Celica specs: JBL premium system with stock amp with about 30RMS for each speakers. One speaker busted and thus replaced the whole system with 4 Pioneer TS-A1675R 6-1/2 speakers and 2 Pioneer TS-T110 tweeters. Speakers 50RMS and tweeters 40RMS. Used a Clarion Mobile Electronics XC1410 amp to power those as it put out 50RMS to each channel.

Amp had white noise without inputs thus I returned (Think i got a dud cause almost all the other reviews are positive). However the pioneers also had some hissing issues on their own even without the amp. No white noise but forget listening to rock/metal. Rap/pop was fine till mid levels and then this echo hiss just made you cringe till you shut everything off.

Current Setup: Front doors have the Infinity Reference 6030 Component set. The back doors have Infinity 629I Kappa 2 way speakers to replace the pioneers completely. First, the kappas beat the reference speakers i had in my truck. It sounds just that good. The truck Sounded like I was listening to the music live imo. However, these component speakers sound even clearer than the Kappas. Not only that, they seem to provide more bass. Mind you, I'm not using a sub. However, perhaps because they are 2 Ohm speakers and suck out more power, they sound better than the previous 4 mentioned setups just wired to my Pioneer deck i installed.

TL:DR - With the Kappas in the back and these components in the front I have massive eargasms while driving around even without a sub/amp.

Will most likely add an amp/sub relatively soon just cause i want a touch more bass. These shake the rear view mirror and doors, etc. Just not the same as having a sub. Will most likely also go with infinity for the sub. Take my money Infinity, take it.

Installation: Don't think many have mentioned this. THE BOX DOES NOT COME WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED. The speakers/tweeters come with massive amounts of adapters to make sure it gets in the door. However, to connect it to the crossovers you'll need Spade terminals or ring terminals to connect the wire from the speakers to the crossover. To connect the stock wire or if you rewire your car you'll also need some (12 at least).

THE BIGGEST ISSUE was the tweeters. It has it's own connections coming out. I'm not sure if the following is what it's called. Basically you'll need another set of wiring harness connectors as if the tweeter were a normal speaker and had no wires on it and just those metal stubs coming out. Thus any wiring harness for a speaker to stock unit wiring should do as you only need the connector and will have to cut the other end to add the terminals. It's what I used (extras I had around from the previous installations).

End Thoughts: I listen to some pretty have metal, to normal stuff like disturbed. On the other hand I have my rap phases and listen to Kpop and video game music also. I've played through pretty much everything but country music and these speakers sound damn amazing. Of course the Kappas are epic also. I think these components are better than the Kappas though. I installed them a day after the kappas and only had the Kappas running at one point and compared the two. Most will say it's not a big deal, and at the end of the day it isn't. But when you hear the difference between two high quality speakers and one is a component set and another is a 2 way by the same brand, you'll finally say "Ohhhhhh, that's why the said that" in regards to the two. Anyway, ask away if you have questions. I'm not a professional audio expert by any means. Just a random consumer that likes to blast music while driving and bother people at red lights. No I wouldn't recommend two sets of these. Only got these components cause I had a stock tweeter spot, fyi. Otherwise I'd have just got two 2 way kappas. Cheaper, technically and the speaker sounds amazing on its own.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 23, 2013
sounds great with my aftermarket deck. easy to install. great highs and mids coming from the back of my car.

Had to get new speakers for my audi becasuse the stock ones are incompatible with the aftermarket deck

small amp optional for louder music but sounds just as loud as stock with better sound quality without amp

If you buy a B5 audi a4 then unplug your middle break light and try not to break your black tabs sticking down in the trunk to remove the rear speaker platform (kind of sandwiches the speakers in place) and don't forget the speaker covers
on August 12, 2013
The mid bass and mid range for these are great. The tweeters on the other hand are very bright and almost metallic in sound. They can be quite harsh at high volumes. I'm going to keep the speakers but probably upgrade the tweeters.

I should have known as I have a pair of Infinity bookshelf speakers that have the same issue.
on January 18, 2014
I'm not sure what more I can really add to this product's review page, but I will say that I really like these speakers and think they are a good value for the money.
They come with plastic rings and foam to make mounting a breeze (I put them in the front doors of an 07 Odyssey) and while they sounded fine on the head unit they sound great when powered by a legit amp.
Plenty of mounting options are included with the tweeter and speakers themselves are solid and weighty, absolutely massive magnets when compared to the factory "upgraded" sound system.
I paired these with reference components for the rear and am happy with the results. Movies and music sound great. I should clarify and say that I am not an audiophile, just a regular guy that generally tries to get the easiest, cheapest 90% improvement out of whatever I'm upgrading (that is to say, a little bit of money will usually get most of the reward, I'm not prepared to spend a fortune for every last drop of perfection).
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
These are geat speakers when connected to an external amplifier. If just the head unit is powering these speakers you will be disappointed, as these are meant to be powered by amplifiers. There is a reason they can handle up to 90W RMS. These absolutely scream when paired with the Infinity REF 6x9s and my Kicker DX400.4W. So much so that I don't really need a subwoofer yet. Eventually I will get another sub since they are specifically designed to handle low freqs.
on June 1, 2013
Big thumbs up to Audio Kraze! They were great! The speakers arrived early! I installed them, after a week one of the tweeters stopped working. Audio Kraze worked with me on taking care of them. Received another upgraded pair of tweeters that sound even better, but here we are again after a week and one of the tweeters is not working..... this time it was in the other door. I have switched them out from door to door, to make sure it is the speaker and not a short,it is the speaker. So, that is why I did not rate the speakers better. Now I will see what Audio Kraze wants to do and how they are going to handle this. Keep in mind I have the factory Dodge Infinity sound, which do not put out very much power. These speakers are definitely able to handle the system. I will keep posting as time goes by.
So, after a little banter with the seller. They seem to talk down to me. They do not know me or the knowledge that I have acquired over the years. They did no research to make sure I had a correct audio wiring diagram. I found out that the one I acqiured over the internet was incorrect. At one point early on when the 1st tweeter stopped working, I asked if they could send me a wiring diagram for my vehicle. I got no response. I asked if they could verify the correct color of the leads for + and -. Each tweeter has the same color leads (1-Green & 1-Black). The response I heard from them was: Duh, black is negative so green must positive. So, after the second one blew I did some research and found out that black is the positive lead and green is the negative lead. Now that I have them wired correctly with no help from them, they sound great and have no problems! Crank it up!
So, if you have a factory Infinity sound system and want it to sound better, then this to me was a great solution! The infinity speakers go with the infinity amp. The amp and speakers are 2 ohm impediance, they match well.
BTW I have over 20yrs in the auto industry, thier service rep did not seem to have much knowledge about what they sell or how they are installed. If they would have more understanding of what they sell, this would have been a lot easier. It cost them, not me. Well maybe sometime having to do the job twice and no frt tweeters for a cpl weeks.
on July 28, 2014
Major oem speaker upgrade. I replaced the factory front speakers in my 2007 civic with these guys. They are running off the stock cd player and they do not dissapoint. People say that they have less bass than the oem speakers, they are slightly wrong. The oem speakers to me sounded really boomy and muddy. No these won't boom like the oem's, but they will however output a nice clean accurate mid bass which is exactly what they are made for. I still have the oem speakers in the rear deck and when I fade from all front to all rear the difference is incredible. These have a much higher efficiency than my oem speakers in this case yours may be different. Higher efficiency= more volume with the same amount of power. These are the highest end speakers I have personally had in a car so I can't speak for the multi-hundred dollar component sets out there but the clarity and imaging on these is amazing. I read a lot of reviews saying the tweeters are very harsh, I did find them harsh at first but realized I just needed to dial back my treble setting of +3 where I had it set on the oem speakers. I finally added a used infinity basslink in the trunk and for under $200 total I have what I believe to be a great system for a daily driver. I have read also that these really shine when on a nice high quality amp, not in my budget at this time, but totally happy with these.