Published on November 7, 2011 by Gabriel Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Crisp clean highs, almost no bass.
Got these figuring being the newest models they would have more bass than the older model they replace. Just isn't the case. Powered by my JVC radio alone, they "thud" way too easily causing me to have to turn the bass almost entirely down on the radio. The mids and highs are especially sharp, crisp and bright, like all of the infinity car speakers I have had in the...
Published on July 24, 2009 by G. Paulson

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great, but there is no reason you should ever buy them..., November 7, 2011
This review is from: Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch 180-Watt High-Performance 2-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
These speakers will out-perform any other brand, generally, of the same size for under $100. I cannot recommend anyone to ever buy these, though. I'll tell you why. Infinity sells a set of Infinity Kappa 6.5 on this very site for only $20 more. The improvements are very substantial. The Kappas have Infinity's special glass-fiber woofer cone. I did a side-by-side comparison to eliminate the change for the placebo-effect to taint my judgment, and the Kappa's mid-range just seemed a little sweeter and had more fidelity. The bass that the Kappa's produces also seemed more musically accurate. Some speakers produce bass in a more punchy way. Some people prefer this type. The Kappa's have a richer tonality and a smoother, more accurate bass reproduction. The Kappa's also have a different tweeter. The tweeter is vastly superior to the Reference tweeter sound-wise, but isn't just because of the tweeter itself. The Kappa has a computer-controlled cross-over that blurs the line between coaxial and component speakers in terms of sound quality. The Reference just have the typical capacitor wired in. Capacitors work just fine, and they're what you have to expect for this price-point, but for $20 more, the computer-controlled cross-over is a no-brainer. A huge advantage about the more advanced cross-over is the low-pass on the woofers. All the higher frequencies on the Reference speakers come through the woofer and can come across distorted at higher volumes. Again, this is not a problem with the Kappas. I'd like to add that both speakers had a more than reasonably break-in--I've actually had the Kappas longer. I realize this isn't a review for this particular product, but the Kappas are everything these are and more. I'd highly suggest spending the extra $20 and reaping all the benefits.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent speakers for Jeep with Infinity system, November 6, 2010
I chose these speakers for a couple of reason: I wanted to match the factory Infinity system in my Jeep with the same brand speakers. I wanted to make sure I got 2 ohm speakers, which is what the factory speakers are. And I wanted something with high sensitivity. Most factory speakers have high sensitivity which is why they sound so good with a low wattage amp, I think this is important to consider when looking at speakers.

The installation was not very fun. For some reason they chose to use two different sized spade terminals on the speaker. I'm sure this is to make it easy to identify positive from negative, but I only have one size (the larger size) as I'm sure most people do except for a stereo shop. I wasn't about to drive to the store to pick up a box of small spade terminals just to use 4 of them... so I made the larger ones work by crimping them down a little. The adapter rings that come with it for 6-3/4" openings don't come with any screws... once again I don't have 16 incredibly short screws lying around to affix the speaker to the ring. I wound up just screwing it to the door with sheet metal screws, I was not able to use the factory mounting points.

However the speakers are great! I'm not sure why others say they have no bass, I'm guessing they either don't have a 2 ohm factory system or absolutely no sound deadening in their doors, maybe they wired them in backwards? I cranked it up in the driveway and my wife came out and asked me to turn it down because she could hear the booming from inside the house. And that is with the bass turned down on the equalizer! They have excellent upper and mid-range response, with about as good of lows as you can expect from a 6.5" speaker. You can adjust the tweeter output directly on the speaker, which is nice because I already have factory tweets in the dash, I set my tweeters at 0db.

Overall I'm satisfied, the installation was a hassle but I only needed to do it once and I will be enjoying the awesome sound from these speakers for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speakers for replacing OEM speakers in a 2001 Odyssey LX, June 4, 2011
I just installed Infinity 6032cf speakers in the front doors of our Honda Odyssey 2001 LX. They fit, however, I had to clip the protruding plastic tabs off the included plastic mounting adapter, and clip two plastic tabs and a plastic ridge off the door that served to align the OEM speakers to make the mounting adapter fit. Then I had to trim some of the plastic inside the door to make room for the larger magnet of the Infinity speaker. The Honda speaker plug can easily be disassembled such that no additional crimp connectors are needed (the original ones that are inside the Honda plug can be used). The grills covering the speakers still fit after the Infinity 6032cf speakers were installed.

As to the sound, I am very satisfied with these speakers. To put my opinion in perspective, I am not the kind of person who needs an amp and subs to bother other motorists with their music. I was just looking for an upgrade to the terrible OEM speakers in the LX version of the 2001 Odyssey. The Infinity 6032cf speakers indeed provide a quite significant improvement in sound quality over the original speakers. In particular, bass is increased quite a bit and the included tweeters provide very clear highs. I should also mention that I am using the original Honda OEM cassette radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Speakers, February 26, 2011
I purchased 4 of these speakers to replace my blown speakers in my 2001 jetta 1.8. These speakers are a huge improvement crisp, clear, with decent bass (hit much harder than my factory speakers) I hooked these bad boys to a four channel kicker amp and man they are so loud. Just To give you an idea of how load these are my neighbor who lives 4 houses down could hear my car, he called me telling me to turn it down (he was inside his house!! the volume was at 20). These speakers are a great deal for a decent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected, September 25, 2011
I own a 2005 Cadillac CTS with a Bose system. If I were Bose, I would be ashamed to put my name on it as the factory speakers suck so badly. I replaced the sub with a Kicker and amp and the front door speakers with a pair of Infinity reference 6032cf's I got from Amazon. I went with these as they are 2 ohm just as the system speakers are.

These speakers are incredible! With the sub dialed in to my base level preference the sound system now sounds like it should have with the name BOSE on it.

These speakers are not meant to be a replacement base speaker, however they do an admirable job with it. The two position (0db - 3db)tweeter is phenomenal and the mids are so clear! Since I'm not trying to explode my kidneys or rock the car next to me with too much volume, I am more than pleased with Infinity.

A word of caution here... the Infinity site says that the rear door speakers for the first generation CTS are 6.5"... Do NOT believe it. the rears are 5.25"... I had to return one set 6.5's and I'm waiting for the 5.25's to arrive so I can finish the install.

Amazingly good speakers for the price and Amazon's free freight and fast delivery are great as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars This factory replacement is the ti-taaays!, April 20, 2011
Installed in a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Infinity. Installation is straight forward for an average car junky. The sound is full for a 6.5 and is a superb replacement for the factory speakers. On my ZJ, as with all my vehicles, I lightly sand the copper wires to remove any oxidation and gummy residue before soldering the contacts. I wasn't impressed with the mini negative post. It's clearly labeled so differentiating the terminals by size is unnecessary. There's some cats outside my window having angry sex. It sounds hilarous. The foam dampeners included do a sufficient job of reducing vibrations, however, a little dynamat goes a long way. It may be necessary to drill through your sheet metal to properly install these speakers. Something to bear in mind before a DIY. Has anyone ever driven through Lancaster County PA? It smells like poo there. Sorry, got high while writing this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Infinity Reference 6032cf Speakers, February 20, 2011
i just installed these speakers in my 94 jeep grand cherokee limited. they replaced the drivers side and passenger side front door speakers.

the speakers do not come with connectors (for jeeps or any other vehicle).

since i was replacing the existing speakers, i cut the female connector off of the old speaker (cutting the wires that attach to the cone and coil allowed easier removal of the connector....you don't want to break the plastic snaps that hole both male and female connectors in place). after removing the male connector (door wiring harness) from the old female connector, i soldered the old female connector to the new infinity reference speakers. the speakers come with a basic attachment point that allows you to easily solder any connector to it. less than five minutes worth of work. snapped into the existing male connector for a sound check and all i had to do was mount the speakers to the door.

following the diagram for my model (6032cf) on their installation instructions was as easy as it was pictured. except....that there are no mounting screws included. for the jeep grand cherokee, you need four. the mounting adapter plate uses the three screws from the original speaker mounting tabs.

the jeep's infinity gold speakers have three mounting tabs, the infinity reference speakers have four mounting tabs. you need the adapter plate.

you need the four screws to attach the speaker to the mounting adapter, plus you have to drill four 3/16" holes into the door. the adapter plate, once in place acts as a guide for drilling these holes. there is plenty of room to drill into the doors speaker opening. the standard (and plentiful) jeep interior self tapping phillips head screws worked well.

removing the door paneling, removing the old speakers, installing the new speakers (soldering and drilling), and re-attaching the door panels, took less than 30 minutes for both doors.

tools i needed; small spatula (to remove door paneling), phillips head screw driver, wire snips, soldering iron (and a very small amount of solder, 3/16" drill bit, drill and four self tapping screws.

because the speakers mount at the bottom of the doors, i set the db switch to 3db (choice of 0db or 3db) and angled the tweeter up (you change the angle by twisting the tweeter).

although the base is less than i would prefer, the speakers are head and shoulders above the existing infinity gold speakers that come with the jeep grand cherokee limiteds. i believe the laredo's use the same speakers with a smaller magnet, so the difference would be even more noticeable.

the price makes these speakers an outstanding return on your investment.

i do not use the rear speakers, but the same procedures would be needed if i ever decided to replace them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement speakers!, February 15, 2013
Stuck these in an 02 Jeep Liberty to replace the blown out front door speakers. I will be buying another set for the rear. I highly recommend these. Sound great and the price point is outstanding for the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vast improvement over stock speakers, December 30, 2013
Uluru II (United States) - See all my reviews
I installed these in my 1998 Honda Civic hatchback. In my car the speakers are mounted low on the doors, so the angled/swiveling tweeter of this series was a useful feature. I wasn't able to point them directly at my ears, but certainly up and away from the foot wells and in my general direction.

The +3db boost for treble is also a nice feature, if your speakers are mounted low. I also installed the 6x9 speakers in this series for the rear deck (9632cf) and I ended up turning the +3db on in the front, but leaving it off in the back (it was too shrill with both on).

Although every site from Amazon on down lists these as "fitting" my car, I had to do some modification. There was a recessed plastic lip behind where the speakers mount - the stock speakers were very shallow, but these Infinity speakers are considerably deeper, so I had to remove this plastic lip. It only took about 15 seconds with a Dremel on each side, but if you're not used to these things, it can be a scary thing to slice up the plastic on your door. Also, these speakers have four mounting holes, but my car had three. The adapter that comes with these speakers was way too big to use, so I had to create my own holes in the door panel with self-starting screws. Again, not a huge deal, but it took some finagling and these weren't exactly an "easy" install.

As for the sound: obviously much better than my car's stock speakers. There is much more detail and definition overall, a much more detailed and sweet midrange, and sparkling high end that does not fatigue my ears. Surprisingly, although I'm sure these speakers have a lower frequency rating, they had marginally "less" bass than the stock speakers. I think this is mostly because I had to remove that plastic lip; the stock speakers had that surface right behind them, which would create more bass. Anyway, it was easily corrected by turning up the bass a few notches on my HU. Once doing that, the bass was very beefy, smooth and pleasing.

For the money (as priced on Amazon - they're more elsewhere) these speakers are a ridiculous value. Between these and the 9632cf's I spent only around $110. Anyone who appreciates good sound but has suffered years with crappy stock speakers, I promise you won't regret spending the money for speakers in this series. It's quite an upgrade and you'll be more than pleased with the sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars great speakers, February 20, 2012
I had these installed in 2 different vehicles over the course of about 6+ years with out fail (and i pretty much crank my music all the time). They sound great, may not have the bass of some other 6.5 brands but the highs are very very crisp and clean. I had these in the front of my Suzuki aireo(an 03 and an 06) they fit well (had to do some minor alterations to the original plastic speaker mounts to allow for bigger magnet)they were paired to a Baselink (the original round one) and i left the stock speakers in the rear. the speakers were not amped but were running off of a pioneer primer head unit advertised at 45w per channel(i think it is about 22 watt rms) so i did experience distortion at really high volume but i am sure that was a power issue and not a speaker issue. I would not recommend if you are looking to hook up speakers to a STOCK head unit, instead look for something rated lower than 80 watt.

I would recommend if you are hooking them up to a decent aftermarket HU or even better an Amp. remember they are 50 dollar speakers and i think for the money they are awesome.

I would also recommend these ONLY if you are planing to use a sub. If not i think there are other brands that might not be as crisp but will give you more bass and better over sound

I replaced recently due to the left one finally blew out. After removal it looked as if glue that held rubber between the cone and the metal frame of the speaker had deteriorated and therefore the cone separated from the frame causing a constant rattle. but after six years of constant use i felt that this was expected and i honestly had not expected the pair to last as long as they did.

that is my experience with infinity reference

i hope this helps