Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Infinity Reference 612m 6.5-Inch 225-Watt High-Performance 2-Way Marine Loudspeaker (Pair)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 6, 2014
I bought these speakers to go into the fairing of my Harley Davidson and I have not been disappointed... I have a 200 watt amp hooked up to these and they are as clear at highway speeds as they are at red lights. I would buy another pair in a heartbeat.
on October 27, 2010
I have a friend who bought a pontoon boat this past summer. It was in great shape but it was older and so we installed a new stereo. These are AMAZING!!!!! I hooked them up to an Amp and they sound crystal clear, Tested them while boat was still on the trailer in his driveway and i swear my Entire neighborhood heard loud and CLEAR! And they look awesome way better than the usual white crappy plastic marine speakers you find out there. Will buy again If i ever need more!
on July 1, 2013
I purchased these speakers for my ATV, not my boat. I made a custom enclosure and I wanted something that was going to sound great and hold up to the weather. I decided on these. I got them home and hooked everything up. I coupled these speakers with the JBL MA6002 amp. The clarity is perfect. The bass has something to be desired but thats what to expect with little 6.5" speakers. If I had it to do over again I would've went with the 6x9s. The thing that impressed me the most is the ruggedness of these. I was really worried about what would happen when I got them really wet and/or muddy. The answer is nothing. They continue to produce crystal clear sound even completely covered in mud (see pics). They also handle the pressure washer with no problem. I only wish the grills would come off so when I clean them there wouldn't be water spots all over the cone but thats just being picky.
review image review image review image
on April 2, 2013
Was not able to install this because its actually over 7". The grill is non-removable, even if you are crafty. If you have a space constraint I recommend you look at the Infinity Kappa 6.5" and get a better speaker.

Edit. My review initially said it was 7-1/4" but someone said its really 7-1/16". Either way be careful on the size and non-removable grill.
on February 19, 2013
these lil power houses work well with an amp in my Harley, louder and better sounding than any Harley system I have head that didnt cost a million bucks to achieve
on August 18, 2010
I put these in my boat several weeks ago to replace my marine JBL speakers and I am very impressed. I can't believe that I thought those old speakers sounded good. The sound quality of these blows them away. The bass is great, too. They are a major improvement to what I had. I would highly recommend these speakers.
on May 28, 2015
purchased 2 sets for my chaparral sunesta 224. They fit the old speakers cutouts fine, but I did need to drill new holes. No biggie. These speakers look great and sound great. They are a good improvement on the stock Panasonic speakers. Better sound quality for the mids and highs, and better sounding bass response. Didn't use an amp, just the stock clarion stereos internal amp.
on May 24, 2011
These are phenominal speakers, I added them to my stock head unit. These are 5 hole mount speakers, my standard speakers were 4. I did have to drill holes in my new boat to mount these. Use masking tape on the exterior to prevent your gel coat from cracking and you should have no issues. I did not use any anchors, just a smaller bit then the screws. My terminals did match so no soddering for me. The highs are very clear with good mids, ample bass for 6.5. I did add a 10 inch sub and amp to really give the system depth which is amazing (10 inch fosgate marine...awesome sub). I provide about 25 yards of clear music with good bass to those in the area with much appreciation (crazy loud if your getting in the boat to grab a cold one). It was a bounus the blue cone matches my interior spot on. For those curious I installed 2 sets in my 2011 searay sport. Were better priced when sold by amazon for $65 a set. I would buy for my tower at that price. Think I may suck it up and by the jl 7.7 that fit in the same size hole as a 6.5.
on May 15, 2015
Bought two of these for the exterior of our toy hauler. They replaced two Sony's that were weathered after 6 years of exposure. Sound is good, not great. But, they are waterproof and do not have the advantage of a subwoofer backing them up outside (unlike the speakers in the RV).
Price is very reasonable and these were the units I ended up with after a couple days research. By the way 6.5" is the external size, not the mounting hole requirement.
on November 4, 2013
Needed a new set of speakers for my new marine stereo. I wanted a good quality speaker for a good price. Found the Infinity speakers, researched all reviews and decided on them. After receiving them I installed them in my boat. They are the best, could not believe the sound. I have made a good choice and recommend them. Remember good quality equipment great sound.