5.0 out of 5 stars Tower Speaker Sound. Women Friendly Size!
Published on February 11, 2009 by Greenwood

1.0 out of 5 stars Just an ordinary speaker
I was urged to buy these speakers by the warm ratings and reviews of this set of speakers. And now I had them for more than a year now and the two surround that I installed at the back side of the room are really sounding no matter how I adjust my receiver, by the way I matched these speakers on my Sony STDR 1010 receiver. when I first got them, I wasn't really fascinated...
Published 15 months ago by MADMAX118

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tower Speaker Sound. Women Friendly Size!, February 11, 2009
Greenwood "History Buff" (Tulsa, OK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infinity TSS-1200CHR High-Performance, 6-Piece Home Theater Speaker System (Charcoal Black) (Electronics)
I replaced my Bose Cube system with the TSS-1200 system. The upper and lower dynamics are tremendous in comparison to the V30 cubes. The mounting brackets (both flat and ball mount versions), speaker wire and subwoofer cable are included in the box so your only other purchase might be some stands if you don't wish to hang your speakers. Those run $199 for a pair of them BTW.

My only con would be that it is a 5.1 system without an easy way to upgrade to a 7.1 (or more) system without purchasing another full set.

As stated, the bass response is awesome and the twin 3 1/2" MMD's provide crisp sound. These completely outclass the TSS-800 and TSS-500 systems hands down!

If you desire tower speaker sound but have a female in your life that refuses those big boxes in the living room, the TSS-1200 is your solution!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, October 19, 2007
J. Smith (Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought these speakers to replace my old Infinty Entra Point Five system. I looked at a few from Bose and Polk before going with these. First off the sub kicks out some Serious bass! The center does a great with vocals also. I bought an extra surround speaker so I could run a 6.1 setup. Im very impressed with Infinity once again. Great sound for a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, May 19, 2009
I love this product, I purchased it about a year ago and have no regrets. One thing I wanted to mention is that contrary to what was written you can expand the set by purchasing individual speakers no need to buy a whole set.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only person to give these speakers a bad review is your neighbor!, May 12, 2010
I've had this system for almost 3 years... It positively rips.
It is very low profile and high quality. We mounted it all in wall and it powers our very large living room.
For a lesson in dynamic range of audio, try listening to dubtechno on these speakers... Now there's a genre that insists on a system of this caliber (I'm just sayin'). But whatever your going to listen to: movies, gaming or weird sub-genres of electronic music, it will no doubt rip! From crisp high-hat to whomping bass line, this system doesn't just "bump"--it rips!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SYSTEM, May 31, 2010
I PURCHASED THIS SYSTEM OVER THREE YEARS AGO AND I HAVE NOT REGRE IT. THE TWELVE INCH SUB BOOMS VERY WELL AND I DONT EVEN HAVE IT TURNED UP ALL THE WAY. THE SATELLITE SPEAKERS ARE CRISP, CLEAR AND LOUD. I HAVE IT ALL HOOKED UP TO AN ONKYO RECEIVER 7.1 WICH PUSHES ALL THE SPEAKERS. EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE INCLUDING T.V, STERO, PS3 AND CABLE BOX ARE CONNECTED TO THE SPEAKERS AND EVERYTHING IS PERFECT. I ALSO HAVE ALL SATELLITE SPEAKERS MOUNTED ON THE INFINITY SPEAKER MOUTS, INSTEAD OF ON MY WALL, WHICH LOOK BAD ASS. WHEN PEOPLE COME OVER THE CANT HELP BUT NOTICE. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS SET UP.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, October 11, 2009
I bought these to downsize from an older set of infinity floor standing speakers (you know the type that every young bachelor loves to have and every newly wed wife dreads). For television, movies, and video games these speakers are fantastic. The sound is crisp and is really good for voice, explosions, etc... For music I tend to think they lack slightly in the lower mid-range sounds and end up sounding like a high-end system from a car. All together though for the price, I think these are excellent and I'm very happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is awesome!, July 1, 2009
vg3z "vikram79" (Ashburn, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I am a big junkie for quality audio products and not marketing genius' like Bose. Simply based on Infinity's reputation and the technical specs, I ordered this system from Amazon without ever listening to it. I've had this for a year and it simply blows me away everytime I watch a BluRay or even regular TV. The sub is powerful and the center gives me a crisp sound. This is much better for movies than it is for music. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable!!, June 21, 2011
These speakers are unbelievable!! Awesome sound comes out of these sleek speakers. These speakers are nothing but quality as you can tell by the weight, the subwoofer is 77 pounds alone!! At a peak power of 500 watts I think its possible to break windows in your home if your not careful. I paired this system with the sony str-dh820 which is 110x7 and i was running the subwoofer at 120hz at 1/2 power and it was in a room that is 14x15ft and it blew me out of there. I would not recommend this system in a small room if you want to exploit its full potential. Recently moved into a house with a huge great room with vaulted cielings and i would swear I am in a movie theater each time I am watching anything. Sound is amazing. I scored this system for under $500 and would have easily paid double hearing its potential. Bose has nothing on this system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set-up..., January 26, 2009
I've had this speaker set for over a year now and I don't have any complaints. I mainly use my system for home theater applications...movies, xbox360, etc. I paired the speakers with a high powered yamaha reciever.

Very crisp satellites and deep base...great speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers, September 9, 2010
I've had the tss 1200 for two years and they're fantastic. For such small speakers, they put out some serious sound. The subwoofer is equally impressive, providing a deep sound to music, movies, and video games. Overall, the clarity and richness is impressive.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›